First trip to OKW was great!

melk

DIS Veteran
We arrived around 10:30 a.m. and our 2-br was ready and waiting (in fact we had a choice of two). We got room 4730. The room was in great shape, and very clean. Only thing I can think of is that there was no kitchen towel (should there be???).
We had a nice view of the golf course, we were near the bus stop and near a pool (not sure of the name of it).

One night we took the boat over to SSR to use the pool. It was great. The kids loved the pool, especially the water slide. We didn't see anything else but the pool but we were impressed with that. Unfortunately when we went to catch the boat back we just missed the one to OKW. There was one heading to Downtown Disney and he said we would have to wait for him to come back and get us, about 20-25 minutes. That was when we were wishing we had driven.

We used the bus service from OKW to Magic Kingdom only. Rest of the time we drove, but we can't complain about wait times for the bus, it was fine.

Highlights of the trip: our meal at OHana's, SpectroMagic, Wishes(awesome!!!), and seeing the Red Sox players (yay Red Sox :cheer2: !!)

Crowds were more than in previous trips we've gone on in the fall, but waits were manageable. It was just that the walkways always seemed crowded. Weather was beautiful, but HOT.

We were unsure before our trip if we would like OKW because we are used to being close to the Magic Kingdom (at VWL). But we really loved it there and will definitely return. We liked parking the car right outside the door and really loved the set up of the unit. But most of all, lower points!! Now our problem is where to spend our next trip (we love VWL so much, now we love OKW, and we really want to try either the Boardwalk or Beach Club). Aah, the dilemmas of a DVC owner!

Any questions, please ask away, I would be happy to answer anything I can.:wave2:

I feel like you do about the dilemma! Glad you had a great trip.

Great to read that you enjoyed your stay at OKW. I also want to try out all the DVC's at some point. As to your question about the kitchen towel, there should have been one.

Thank you for posting your report!!:)

Thanks for the wonderful trip report! I have only tried my home resort OKW; we loved it so much, it will be hard to convince my family to try other DVC's:earseek:

A quick call to housekeeping will net you anything missing in the future:sunny:

Thanks again, glad you had fun!
Lisa:sunny:

WE have learned to take a quick check of the checklist in the cupboard to make sure everything is there. If it isn't we call housekeeping right away so they bring up any missing pieces before we might need them. Yes, a kitchen towel is one of the things that should have been there.

Thanks for a great report about OKW - it's making me even more excited!!

Yes, a kitchen towel is one of the things that should have been there.

Is the kitchen towel to dry your hands on, or for drying the dishes?!

Originally posted by Bexx
Thanks for a great report about OKW - it's making me even more excited!!

Is the kitchen towel to dry your hands on, or for drying the dishes?!
LOL! Depends on if you are washing dishes or your hand!:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter