First trip to Disneyland video

Wow, wow, wow, what a magical trip you had. I loved your video! Well done. Looks like you covered everything. I loved your visit to Plaza Inn.

Maybe you could follow this up with a mini trip report?

Wow, wow, wow, what a magical trip you had. I loved your video! Well done. Looks like you covered everything. I loved your visit to Plaza Inn.

Maybe you could follow this up with a mini trip report?
Plaza Inn breakfast was wayyyyy better than every character meal we have done at WDW! (and we have done them all and numerous times) The character interactions were amazing and so fun.

Thank you for sharing this with us! I love seeing your 15 year old having such a great time! We will be there for the first time just before Christmas with our own 15 year old son (and a 21 year old son, as well)! Your video has really helped me to know that we are going to love Disneyland!

Aw I loved this! I have to say (in the least creepy way possible) that my favorite parts were when the camera was turned back onto you all just having the best time together! Pure happiness!

Great job. This is my home park and I have been here more times than I can count but it is fun seeing it from a first timer again!!

Great job. This is my home park and I have been here more times than I can count but it is fun seeing it from a first timer again!!
We are complete opposites with Disney World as our home park. I grew up going to Disney and my daughter has had a Disney pass her entire life. We did not go in expecting much but we left with loving the parks. We were just at MK this past weekend and my daughter said, "I miss Disneyland so much". (she still likes our castle better though) The character interactions at Plaza Inn were so much fun. We would never experience that here.

Aw I loved this! I have to say (in the least creepy way possible) that my favorite parts were when the camera was turned back onto you all just having the best time together! Pure happiness!
Awww, thanks. I hate being in the videos but we did have a great time together and I get motion sickness on EVERYTHING, but sometimes it is worth it. In all my hundreds of visiting Disney World over my lifetime I have never been on the teacups and I promised I would do it with absolutely no spinning. I won't be rushing back on but so glad I finally did.

Thank you for sharing this with us! I love seeing your 15 year old having such a great time! We will be there for the first time just before Christmas with our own 15 year old son (and a 21 year old son, as well)! Your video has really helped me to know that we are going to love Disneyland!
You will love it!!!! My daughter especially loved CA Adventure and Carsland. (if you couldn't tell)

We are complete opposites with Disney World as our home park. I grew up going to Disney and my daughter has had a Disney pass her entire life. We did not go in expecting much but we left with loving the parks. We were just at MK this past weekend and my daughter said, "I miss Disneyland so much". (she still likes our castle better though) The character interactions at Plaza Inn were so much fun. We would never experience that here.

That's great. It is funny I always hear the various reasons people like each park and what I have found honestly is that whatever your "home" park is ie whatever park you go to the most seems to hold your heart. Not even necessarily for what is there but for the memories you have of it. I have lived in Norcal most of my life and DL holds a special place in my heart. My first trip was in 75 at 8 years old and I remember being amazed by it. Back then people didn't go very often and I only went a handful of times for a day or LESS each time. It wasn't till I had kids of my own in the 2000's that we started going more often and the parks have definitely evolved. They are more of a destination all inclusive type vacation. Esp at DW. My first trip to DW was in 02 and before then I honestly never thought I would EVER get to go. It wasn't on my family's radar and since we live in CA we always just thought DL was good enough but I am SO glad we went. We have subsequently gone 4 more times but because it is so far and so expensive we can usually only go every 4 or more years. It was 6 years between our last 2 trips. We do have a trip planned for 20 though and my youngest wants to work for Disney and I am hoping she will do the college program and if so we will go visit her during that time.

I can say, and you probably feel the same, there are def things I love about both parks. DL has always been more of a locals park and I am sure from a Florida native it seems weird being right in the middle of a city etc. To me I love the orig stuff like storybook land, Toad etc that DW doesn't have and I miss those things when I go. But for us DW is more of a resort. We always go for at least a week and it is so huge. We love the other parks like AK and Epcot because they are different and obviously we don't have those here. But I agree there are good and bad about both and once you have gone to both then you are hooked and going to just one is no longer good enough ;)

Last edited:
That's great. It is funny I always hear the various reasons people like each park and what I have found honestly is that whatever your "home" park is ie whatever park you go to the most seems to hold your heart. Not even necessarily for what is there but for the memories you have of it. I have lived in Norcal most of my life and DL holds a special place in my heart. My first trip was in 75 at 8 years old and I remember being amazed by it. Back then people didn't go very often and I only went a handful of times for a day or LESS each time. It wasn't till I had kids of my own in the 2000's that we started going more often and the parks have definitely evolved. They are more of a destination all inclusive type vacation. Esp at DW. My first trip to DW was in 02 and before then I honestly never thought I would EVER get to go. It wasn't on my family's radar and since we live in CA we always just thought DL was good enough but I am SO glad we went. We have subsequently gone 4 more times but because it is so far and so expensive we can usually only go every 4 or more years. It was 6 years between our last 2 trips. We do have a trip planned for 20 though and my youngest wants to work for Disney and I am hoping she will do the college program and if so we will go visit her during that time.

I can say, and you probably feel the same, there are def things I love about both parks. DL has always been more of a locals park and I am sure from a Florida native it seems weird being right in the middle of a city etc. To me I love the orig stuff like storybook land, Toad etc that DW doesn't have and I miss those things when I go. But for us DW is more of a resort. We always go for at least a week and it is so huge. We love the other parks like AK and Epcot because they are different and obviously we don't have those here. But I agree there are good and bad about both and once you have gone to both then you are hooked and going to just one is no longer good enough ;)
You are right! We will be back. My daughter is counting the days to do the college program and yes, they are each special in their own way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter