First Trip Special "Perks"

EpcotDrop

Earning My Ears
I'm taking 2 of my girlfriends on an upcoming WDW trip, staying at Yacht club. We are all late 20's, and this will be there first trip.
I know I've seen before where you can order special things for your room, like if you're celebrating a birthday or anniversary, but I just can't find it now.
So I'm wondering if anyone has any info on what types of perks Disney offers to people for their first trip? I'd be willing to pay for a cake or some in room decorations or something, and I know you can get buttons (though I'm not sure where to find them), but I just wondered what others have done to help their family/friends celebrate their first trip, or if anyone has a link to a page on the Disney site, or even another thread answering this question? Or suggestions on how to help them make their first trip even more memorable (it might be the only one they ever take).

I'm taking 2 of my girlfriends on an upcoming WDW trip, staying at Yacht club. We are all late 20's, and this will be there first trip.
I know I've seen before where you can order special things for your room, like if you're celebrating a birthday or anniversary, but I just can't find it now.
So I'm wondering if anyone has any info on what types of perks Disney offers to people for their first trip? I'd be willing to pay for a cake or some in room decorations or something, and I know you can get buttons (though I'm not sure where to find them), but I just wondered what others have done to help their family/friends celebrate their first trip, or if anyone has a link to a page on the Disney site, or even another thread answering this question? Or suggestions on how to help them make their first trip even more memorable (it might be the only one they ever take).

This is probably the link that you are looking for... Disney Floral and Gifts

In regards to the buttons, you can usually get those at the front desk of your resort (if staying on-property). Otherwise, you can get them at Guest Relations at each of the parks.

As far as making the trip memorable, you can try booking a desert party or doing a special event during your trip. Another option is to do a behind the scenes tour, but those can take up a lot of your park time.

Hope this helps!

Consider buying PhotoPass for your trip. It may even be worth it for you to upgrade to an Annual Pass, which comes with PhotoPass and free parking at the parks depending on your length of stay and any possible plans to go back.

There are no free perks simply for being a first trip other than the First Trip pin.

I’d want to know what my friends were most interested in (rides, characters, food/wine), and research and plan accordingly.

I wouldn't do a backstage tour on a first trip, it takes up a lot of time and you won't have the park knowledge to appreciate what you are being shown. I would do a dessert party or character meal instead. The first visit buttons are a great souvenir. A bit of monorail resort hopping is a nice first time activity. And don't forget an evening at Disney Springs too.

If you have a special occasion button, castmembers may offer you free stuff. We got engaged in July at the Grand Floridian Cafe and they made us "Just Engaged" buttons and through the week we were offered free Peach Bellini's at BOG, free Icee's at Club Cool, and several places where we were getting snacks they saw our buttons and said they were on the house and happy engagement.

I wouldn't do a backstage tour on a first trip, it takes up a lot of time and you won't have the park knowledge to appreciate what you are being shown. I would do a dessert party or character meal instead. The first visit buttons are a great souvenir. A bit of monorail resort hopping is a nice first time activity. And don't forget an evening at Disney Springs too.
If looking for a more structured monorail experience, Highway in the Sky Dine Around is pretty cool. They keep it around 25 people so you get to know the people you are with. However there are limited dates, it is sometimes hard to get reservations and it is expensive but for what you get it is worth it.

I got my button in the store that's just outside Mickey's Philharmonic. I was chatting with the CM and mentioned that I was clueless about something because it was my first time. She asked where my button was. My response of, "My what now?" I'm sure gained me some intelligence points. But she whipped out a button and I wore it with pride. Also I noticed, after this, that there were carts on Main Street where CM's had buttons to give out.

Check out the Cake Chatter thread (restaurants board) if you want to order a custom cake for your room or a dinner. I've done it a couple of times.. they can be a bit expensive but they've always been delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!