First trip sans husband!! OMG

Discussion in 'Disney for Single Parents' started by Goldilocks07, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Goldilocks07

Goldilocks07 A rockin' mom and her sweet princess

Hi all,
    For those who have been through divorce, you get what I'm saying: omg, I'm going on a Disney Vacation WITH OUT MY HUSBAND!!! I mean, I still haven't told him we are going...lol
    But, we will be there October 21st- myself, my DD and I invited my best girlfriend and her son who is my daughter's best friend.
    Needless to say, I can't wait. OMG, I can't wait.
    I type this as I'm still fighting with me ALMOST ex, but I've booked my trip. I am finally going to experience Disney as it should be.
    Please send positive thoughts my way...lots of them...I'm almost done, almost at finished with my nightmare.

I'm so happy, that at the end of this, is a Disney trip waiting...xoxo :)

2. JustCallMeMommy

JustCallMeMommy DIS Veteran

It will be so great to get away from the everyday stress with your friends. Have a great trip!

I didn't miss my ex at all on our first trip without him. He actually went with us on a trip during the divorce - that one was hard because I felt like I was walking on eggshells. DD and I went back 2 months later alone, and it was a great trip. It was so much more relaxed. It was nice to not have to worry about keeping him happy.

3. jevs

jevs Boring Poster

You will have a blast!

4. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. MommyMeNDisney

MommyMeNDisney DIS Veteran

That's so awesome! Sending prayers and positive vibes your way. Hang in there! Your trip is about 2 wks away.

6. milza26

milza26 Earning My Ears

Hey! How is everything going for you! Your trip is a week away! I am excited for you guys!! Prayers and good vibes your way!

7. Beth Shelby

Beth Shelby Magical Pixie Dust

You are going to have a great time! I took my son on our first solo trip last April. We had the best vacation of our lives! No stress whatsoever.

8. linana514

linana514 Mouseketeer

I'm planning my first trip without my husband too. I'm going to take my 8yo DD next Spring, just us girls. I can't wait to spend time at DW with her without having to worry about whether he is having fun or if he thinks I'm making bad choices, etc. I'm not divorced so I know it's not exactly the same, but I think it's the same sentiment. I hope you guys had a blast!