First trip in years, now with disabled husband. Advice?

wdwgirl4ever

Forever a Disney Girl
My husband will need a scooter when we are in the parks. I haven't been since 2014 and no longer know how lines work for people with scooters! Any tips and info y'all could share? And where they are parked when you dine? My mother used to be so in the know with everything and sadly I can no longer ask her for advice and info. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :flower:

Most lines at Disney are accessible so you will use what every entrance you have ( if you have an FP you will go in there) or standby if no FP.

There are a few that are not assessable they are ( I am sure I forgot some)

MK
JC you will get a return time and then go through the exit when your time is
BTMRR ( same as JC)
IASW go thought the exit
teacups go thought the exit
space motion return time then goes in the FP ( you will need to use a wheelchair as ECV can not go in the line. ( not sure since they redid the exit if this is still the case)

EPCOT
spaceship earth return time and go thought the exit.

what I meant by a return time is you will need to go to a CM at the entrance and ask then how to access the ride they will give you a time to come back if the line is not accessible ( normally wait time -10 minutes)

Some lines you will need to use a wheelchair in the line the CM should be able to get one for you or tell you where they are. ( buzz is one I know of like this)

as fair as eating, not 100% sure but the CM will work with you it might be you can stay in your ECV it might be they ask you to transfer to a set and they park you ECV for you close by. I would stop at any table service a little early so they know you need assistance

I am sure @mamabunny will be here soon she has a lot of great info on Disney will an ECV

and I am sure @RaySharpton will also be around he has a lot of great picture of what it is like if you have a question about something related to ECV chance is he not only know the answer but has great picture too.
( ok he might not have a picture of everything but he sure does and they are really good)

My husband will need a scooter when we are in the parks. I haven't been since 2014 and no longer know how lines work for people with scooters! Any tips and info y'all could share? And where they are parked when you dine? My mother used to be so in the know with everything and sadly I can no longer ask her for advice and info. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :flower:

The first time DH went with me, after I started using a scooter, his biggest "complaint"(not really a complaint) was that at the end of the day, when he was tired and ready to go back to the resort, I wanted to keep going. Also, he tended to walk in front of me instead of next to me in order to "clear the way"-he noticed that people had a habit of walking right into me as they walked along, eyes on their cell phone.
As far as where to park the ECV when you dine, I just asked at the check-in podium.

That’s one of DH’s worries is people walking in front of him. He doesn’t have the best temper and is already getting grumpy about it 😂 he’s never been so I’m trying to get the idea rolling around in his head that Disney is a completely different environment and most everyone is happy and helpful but it’s hard to imagine when you haven’t been!
The first time DH went with me, after I started using a scooter, his biggest "complaint"(not really a complaint) was that at the end of the day, when he was tired and ready to go back to the resort, I wanted to keep going. Also, he tended to walk in front of me instead of next to me in order to "clear the way"-he noticed that people had a habit of walking right into me as they walked along, eyes on their cell phone.
As far as where to park the ECV when you dine, I just asked at the check-in podium.

Hi, wdwgirl4ever.

If in doubt when you approach an attraction queue, just ask a Disney cast member where to park.

When you enter a regular or a Fast Pass+ attraction queue while in your mobility scooter you will be directed where to park usually near where you get on the attraction. When you exit, the Disney cast member where to find your mobility scooter. Depending on the location of the attraction exit, the Disney cast member may move your mobility scooter for you to find the exit by moving the freewheel lever near the rear wheels so they can push it without your key.

If you park outside an attraction to walk in, you may want to ask where to park so the Disney cast member won't move it and scare you that another guest might have taken it.

There are some attractions that you can drive a wheelchair all of the way into a special accessible wheelchair vehicle, but bot with your mobility scooter. You could transfer from your mobility scooter into an available Disney wheelchair if you wanted to do that instead.

Some restaurants let you drive your mobility scooter into the restaurant to your table and turn your seat. But you must designate that on your reservation or ask by calling before you arrive to make sure that they have a table that you have room to drive it in. Not all tables have enough room for a mobility scooter to drive around or someone before you is already occupying that particular table.

Some restaurants will let you drive your mobility scooter to your table and transfer to a seat for that table. Then someone could drive it to the restaurant's designated mobility scooter parking area.

At any rate, just ask a Disney restaurant cast member where you should park your mobility scooter when you check-in.

I'm curious how the different attraction queue lines will change with COVID-19 social distancing.

For instance, entering the attraction through the exit and passing other quests coming out in the opposite direction in close quarters.

In addition to everyone's advice, here is a great link to review at disABILITIES FAQs - temporary & permanent disabled, 1st trip, next trip, Wish trip

And pick up these when you visit each park:

2019 Magic Kingdom Map for Guests with Disabilities

2019 Epcot Map for Guests with Disabilities

2019 Disney Hollywood Studio Map for Guests with Disabilities

2019 Animal Kingdom Map for Guests with Disabilities

And another link for Services for Guests with Mobility Disabilities Helpful services and access options are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with mobility disabilities. For more information, please contact Disability Services at (407) 560-2547 or email disability.services@disneyparks.com.

Attraction Access Categories
Walt Disney World attractions offer access for Guests with mobility disabilities in the following categories:

• Must transfer from wheelchair/ECV to ride vehicle
  • Must transfer from ECV to wheelchair
  • Must transfer from ECV to wheelchair, and from wheelchair to ride vehicle
May Remain in Wheelchair/ECV

These attractions allow Guests to remain in their wheelchair or Electric Conveyance Vehicle (ECV) during the experience.

Magic Kingdom Park

Epcot

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park

Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park

Must Be Ambulatory

These attractions require Guests to walk by themselves or be assisted by members of their party.

Magic Kingdom Park

Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park

Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park

Must Transfer from Wheelchair/ECV to Ride Vehicle

These attractions require Guests to transfer from their wheelchair or ECV—by themselves or with assistance from their party—to a ride vehicle.

Magic Kingdom Park

Epcot

Blizzard Beach

Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Park

Must Transfer from ECV to Wheelchair

Guests must transfer to a wheelchair provided at the attraction. At some attractions listed below, the transfer will occur at the entrance, while at other attractions, the transfer will occur within the building or queue.

Magic Kingdom Park

Epcot

Disney’s Blizzard Beach Park

Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park

Must Transfer from ECV to Wheelchair, and from Wheelchair to Ride Vehicle

The following attractions require Guests to transfer to an available wheelchair at the attraction, then to transfer from the wheelchair to the ride vehicle. At some attractions below, the transfer to an available wheelchair will occur at the entrance. At others, the transfer to an available wheelchair will occur within the building or queue.

Magic Kingdom Park

Epcot

Wheelchair and ECV Accessibility with Walt Disney World Transportation
Most of the transportation systems at the Walt Disney World Resort are accessible to Guests with disabilities.
Bus Access
All bus routes are serviced by buses equipped to accommodate various types of wheelchairs and ECVs/scooters within the following guidelines:
  • The mobility device must fit the lift without being forced.
  • The mobility device must be securely fastened in the onboard restraints.
Most buses can hold up to 2 mobility devices in the securement areas. It is recommended that Guests using an ECV/scooter transfer to a bus seat while onboard. Guests using canes, walkers, crutches or who have difficulty walking can board via the rear door. Guests should share their request to use the ramp or rear door with the bus driver before boarding.
Watercraft Access
Watercraft access varies depending on the type of watercraft and the existing water levels and conditions. Please contact a Disney Cast Member at the watercraft dock for information and assistance.
Monorail Access
Guests may access the Walt Disney World monorail system by using the elevators or ramps at the Transportation and Ticket Center, Magic Kingdom park, Epcot, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, and Disney's Contemporary Resort.
Disney's Magical Express Access
Disney's Magical Express motorcoaches accommodate most Guests in standard-size wheelchairs and ECVs. Please indicate if you will require a wheelchair lift to board the motorcoach when you book your Disney’s Magical Express reservation.

ECV Rentals
If Guests require assistance, Electric Conveyance Vehicles are available for rent at all Walt Disney World theme and water parks as well as Disney Springs.
For more information, please contact Disability Services at (407) 560-2547 or email disability.services@disneyparks.com.

Price
Walt Disney World Theme Parks
  • Daily: $50
  • A refundable $20 deposit is required at this location
Walt Disney World Water Parks and Disney Springs
  • Daily: $50
  • A refundable $100 deposit is required at this location
Daily Rentals are transferable between all locations. You pay just once for the day.
Length of Stay Rentals are not available for ECVs. However, vehicles can be held if Guests leave and return to the same park on the same day.
When Leaving Your Location
ECVs may not be removed from the destination where they were rented. When exiting your location, simply return your ECV to the rental counter to receive your deposit. If you’re at Disney Springs, your deposit will be returned at this time. If leaving one theme park and visiting another, present your rental receipt with your deposit to secure another ECV, if available.
Know Before You Go
  • ECVs are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • Reservations are not accepted, and quantities are limited. Please plan to arrive early.
  • Guests must be 18 years of age to rent and operate ECVs. A Photo ID is required.
  • The maximum weight is 450 pounds. ECVs are not designed to hold more than one person.
  • You are welcome to bring and use your own ECV throughout Walt Disney World Resort.
  • As a reminder, personal belongings such as luggage, strollers and ECVs may not be stored or left unattended in hotel corridors or hallways.
Wheelchairs are also available for rent throughout Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Featured Provider
Guests who use a stroller or mobility device when visiting Walt Disney World Resort have a variety of options including using a personally-owned stroller or mobility device, renting through ScooterBug—the Disney Featured Provider—or renting from another third-party company.
ScooterBug, a private mobility rental company in the Central Florida area, is the Disney Featured Provider to offer stroller, ECV and wheelchair rentals at Walt Disney World Resort theme parks and Disney Springs in addition to length-of-stay rentals for Guests staying at Disney Resort hotels. When Disney Resort hotel Guests choose to rent through ScooterBug, the Guest does not need to be present when the equipment is delivered to the Resort hotel. ScooterBug will work with Disney Resort Cast Members to manage deliveries and returns of rented strollers, ECVs and wheelchairs. Pre-orders and deliveries of mobility rentals through ScooterBug to Disney Resort hotels are available by visiting scooterbug.com/orlando or calling (800) 726-8284.
What recently changed about the Disney Featured Provider program?
We recently modified the Disney Featured Provider program to enhance and simplify the vacation planning process. The program previously included several Featured Providers offering rental options to Guests. Effective October 1, ScooterBug, who is the current provider of rental strollers and mobility devices in our theme parks and Disney Springs, will also become the Disney Featured Provider for our Resort Guests.
I already reserved a mobility device for my trip to Walt Disney World with another company. What does this mean for my existing reservation?
Disney Resort hotel Cast will continue to manage equipment deliveries and returns for reservations made on or before September 30, 2019 with the following vendors: Apple Scooter, Best Price Scooters and Strollers, Buena Vista Scooter Rentals, Kingdom Strollers, Magic Strollers and Orlando Stroller Rentals. Please contact the vendor directly with any additional questions about your current or future reservations.
Will vendors still be able to deliver my pre-ordered stroller, ECV or wheelchair rental and arrange delivery at Disney Resort hotels in the future?
Yes. Guests who rent from our Disney Featured Provider, ScooterBug, do not need to be present when the equipment is delivered to the Resort hotels. ScooterBug will work with Disney Resort Cast Members to manage deliveries and returns of rented strollers, ECVs, and wheelchairs. Guests who rent through other vendors will need to be present when the equipment is delivered. Please contact those third-party vendors directly for information about their rentals.
Do I have to be present to receive my mobility device?
Guests do not need to be present for deliveries when they rent through ScooterBug. ScooterBug will work with Disney Resort Cast Members to manage deliveries and returns of rented strollers, ECVs, and wheelchairs.
For reservations made with the following vendors on or before September 30, 2019, Walt Disney World Resort hotel Cast Members will continue to manage the equipment deliveries and returns on the Guest’s behalf: Apple Scooter, Best Price Scooters and Strollers, Buena Vista Scooter Rentals, Kingdom Strollers, Magic Strollers, and Orlando Stroller Rentals. Please contact the vendor directly with any additional questions about your current or future reservations.
Can I still bring my personally owned mobility device?
Yes. Guests can use a personally-owned stroller, ECV, or wheelchair. As a reminder, strollers and ECVs must fall within the guidelines outlined on our Property Rules page on Disneyworld.com.

Most lines at Disney are accessible so you will use what every entrance you have ( if you have an FP you will go in there) or standby if no FP.

There are a few that are not assessable they are ( I am sure I forgot some)

MK
JC you will get a return time and then go through the exit when your time is
BTMRR ( same as JC)
IASW go thought the exit
teacups go thought the exit
space motion return time then goes in the FP ( you will need to use a wheelchair as ECV can not go in the line. ( not sure since they redid the exit if this is still the case)

EPCOT
spaceship earth return time and go thought the exit.

what I meant by a return time is you will need to go to a CM at the entrance and ask then how to access the ride they will give you a time to come back if the line is not accessible ( normally wait time -10 minutes)

Some lines you will need to use a wheelchair in the line the CM should be able to get one for you or tell you where they are. ( buzz is one I know of like this)

as fair as eating, not 100% sure but the CM will work with you it might be you can stay in your ECV it might be they ask you to transfer to a set and they park you ECV for you close by. I would stop at any table service a little early so they know you need assistance

I am sure @mamabunny will be here soon she has a lot of great info on Disney will an ECV

and I am sure @RaySharpton will also be around he has a lot of great picture of what it is like if you have a question about something related to ECV chance is he not only know the answer but has great picture too.
( ok he might not have a picture of everything but he sure does and they are really good)

Last edited:
I used a scooter the last two years. I rented at each park and DS. The issue is, you have to get from the parking lot and disabled parking is still a hike or from the Disney bus which is a longer hike. There are usually courtesy wheelchairs in all the parking lots near disabled parking but not at DS. If getting from the parking lots to the gates will be an issue you may need to rent by the week from a local ECV company. If you are using the buses, this will save YOU a lot of work and inconvenience.

You may want to attach something like a luggage tag to the ECV so you can pick it out quickly when you exit a ride. Good luck.

No one exactly knows what the procedures will be when Disney World opens again. There will be spacing issues everyone needs to observe. Disney may do more virtual fastpasses. This means you need to be in the park before getting an advanced fastpass. You will definitely need to make advanced table service reservations; since, there will be limits to capacity in the restaurants. With quick service Disney may want you to order first online and then get your order when it's ready.

Cast members will be your best friend to direct you for each ride with the scooter. Most ride queues are scooter friendly. There will be instances you will have to transfer to a wheel chair to do a ride. Are you up for pushing him; if not skip the ride. Keep in mind there may not be a lot of shows, parades, fireworks going on when Disney first opens. This is due to the crowd levels involved.

In your case I don't think you will want your husband to take the lead getting anywhere in the park. It already sounds it might be a bit much for him. Try to get to the parks early. It will be easier.

Honestly, we are older and use scooters ourselves and we won't be going to Disney World anytime soon. We need to at least have a vaccine readily available before considering Disney World again.

OBVIOUS DISCLAIMER, BECAUSE NOBODY KNOWS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN:

Right now, we don't know what is going to change when WDW reopens, so all of the information below is based on pre-pandemic life at Disney World.

Most likely, crowds will be held at (artificially) historically low levels, which will make for a whole different environment for everyone, and social distancing spacing rules will likely be in place for some time to come, which will also alter experiences. The one thing you *can* count on will be the Cast Members - they will be your best source of current, up-to-the-minute information once you are there. And I can't stress this enough:

Never hesitate to ask a CM if you have a question - about where to park your ECV, about where to enter the line or exit the attraction, or anything else. I promise, they are there to help you have the best possible experience you can.

°o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o°

For purposes of this post, I'm going to assume that you will be staying onsite at a WDW Resort. I'm also going to be using "you" and "your" in the post below to refer to you, your hubby and your family; it's just easier 🙂

And yes... this post is *LONG*. But hopefully, it's a good, solid overview for y'all. If you have any questions afterward, please feel free to ask us - we all want you to have the best possible trip! 🙂

The very first thing I want to talk about is the use of an ECV (or any personal mobility device). Often, when someone has to use one for the first time at WDW, they are sad, or upset, or even angry about it. That's actually an expected reaction, and everyone here - in this forum - understands that. Most of us have experienced it, firsthand.

And folks here understand this too: Using an ECV is simply using the best possible available tool to get the most possible enjoyment from your vacation.

Quick personal story: First time I had to use an ECV at WDW, I was *sure* that the world was going to end (This was years ago, and I was not the chill, mellow Rabbit I am now...) and I cried real, actual boohoo tears while we were waiting for the vendor to deliver it to us at Epcot. Because, you see, I had reached a point where I just couldn't walk anymore. In the middle of Epcot. After it was delivered, I wiped my tears, and I drove the wheels off that thing for the rest of our trip, and a couple of really interesting things happened: First of all, the world didn't end (you can tell, because here we are, sharing this story...) and more importantly, I got home and I had less pain and discomfort than when my trip started - I had an actual vacation from my pain and discomfort. And it was because I used that ECV - the one that I was sure was going to be the end of my world.

If you need glasses, do you refuse to wear them, going through life squinting at everyone and everything? Probably not.

If you need to use a calculator to do math, do you refuse to touch it, and instead resort to pencil and paper - or counting on toes and fingers? Probably not.

Both of those - glasses and calculators - are tools that we use every day to make our lives more efficient. At WDW, many people use an ECV as a tool to improve both their stamina, and their enjoyment of the vacation, and to manage pain or other medical conditions.

There are many people who rent ECVs only at WDW - in their "regular" lives, they never need one or use one. A lot of the folks you will see have "hidden disabilities" that aren't readily apparent. Others simply can't - for whatever reason - manage the (average) 3 to 10 miles *per day* that the average Guest will walk at WDW.

Do what is right for you, and what will help you the most. Only you can decide - just know that using the best possible tools to have the best possible vacation at WDW is a smart decision. Don't get home from your trip to WDW, and find yourself in more pain than when you left; it defeats the entire purpose of the vacation!

Generally speaking, around here we recommend that you rent an ECV for the length of your planned stay at WDW from an outside vendor - that way you have the ECV to use at the Resort (and most of the WDW Resort hotels are *huge*) and it gives a certain amount of freedom too - if you want to get up early and go get coffee, you don't have to worry about the walk to the QS and back. It also means that you have a built-in seat when waiting for the buses; no need to worry about being able to stand and/or walk that long. Last, but certainly not least, you don't have to worry about the Parks being out of rental units, (it happens!) not to mention it is typically much cheaper to rent from an outside vendor. In the spirit of full transparency: Here's Disney World's information on renting an ECV from WDW

Some folks prefer to drive their own car to/from the Parks, even if staying onsite at a Disney Resort. Just be sure to rent an ECV that can be disassembled. And be sure to ask the vendor how much the heaviest piece weighs by itself; if you can't lift 35 to 50 pounds from the ground into the back of your vehicle, you might want to consider taking the bus with the rest of us! 😉

A lot of folks stress out about driving in crowds at WDW, and that's understandable. When driving any kind of mobility device at WDW, it's great if the folks traveling with the device user can help create a "bubble" around them. The "bubble" helps prevent the (inevitable) issue with people walking right in front of you, or sometimes right *into* you (yes, it happens - typically they are busy looking at their phone, and not paying attention to where they are walking). My family tries to keep someone in front of me, and someone on my left (I try to travel as close to the right side of pathways as possible) which prevents a lot of problems; then we just have to keep an eye out for anyone who may pop out on the right side.

Where to park, when to park, how to enter and exit rides, attractions, shows and dining are all pretty simple: For the majority of Disney World, everything is "mainstreamed" - meaning there is no special entrance or exit for you to use. Cast Members will typically show you where the best place is to park while you are busy on a ride/eating/watching a show when you arrive at that location. If you have any questions, just ask! And, if you are worried about how far it is from where you have been asked to park, to where you need to go, talk to the CM about your current abilities. Often, they can let you get closer to your seat, and then move (or let a family member move) the ECV for you.

We have a great many people here who love to "park and walk" - that is, they will drive the ECV to an area of the Park, and find a spot (usually in stroller parking, but again - ask any CM where a good place is to leave it) and then they will explore that area on foot, allowing them to get some walking in. When they are ready to move on, they return to the ECV, and move it to the next area they want to explore.

Some folks are not comfortable leaving the ECV too far away, in that case, they will sometimes have a family member (over the age of 18 - no drivers who aren't old enough to vote!) drive the ECV for a small amount of time while they walk for a bit. And that's ok too!

One of the big concerns people have revolves around their rental scooter being "stolen" at Disney World.

Don't worry if y'all park the ECV, and you come out of a ride, attraction or meal to find it "missing".

Cast Members routinely have to shift around scooters and strollers to keep walkways clear, and to fill in blank spots. Because there are so many similar ECVs (especially rental ECVs) it can be easy for it to become "lost" in a small sea of similar looking units. So, one of the things we recommend you do is tie a brightly colored length of ribbon, or even a brightly colored cotton bandana somewhere on the scooter. You can even pop a favorite Disney T-shirt over the back of the seat! That way, you ask the CM who is moving scooters and strollers around if they have seen the scooter with the bright green ribbons on the basket - instead of "the black one" or "the one with a captain's chair".

In all the years I have been hanging around here, we have had *one* scooter that was literally taken by accident because it was identical to the scooter that person had rented. (for rentals, the keys are all the same so the rental company doesn't have to keep track of one particular set of keys - they can hand over any key for any scooter). It all got sorted in the end, and everything was OK. But seriously, at WDW, in the Parks, you don't have to worry. Additionally, these days, most of the rental vendors have bright colored "personalized" signs that hang off the scooter (typically off the back of the seat) to help prevent that very problem.

And always always always take the key if you leave the scooter anywhere. Cast Members know how to disengage the brake to move it if need be.

Remember that you won't park it outside your hotel room - it goes in your hotel room every night to fully recharge - and I know it goes without saying that you don't ever want leave anything in/on the scooter that you don't want to grow legs and "walk" away...

There is plenty of room in every Disney Resort hotel room to park & charge a standard scooter. (Actually, you can park & charge *2* scooters in every Disney Resort hotel room - yes, even Value rooms!)

Disney Springs merits a quick mention - because it's open to the public with no admission, there is a greater chance that someone *might* try to take it on a joyride, but simply taking the key with you every time you leave it solves a lot of that kind of nonsense!

There should be no problems using the scooter there, either. You can even use the water taxi system to get from one end of the Springs to the other with the ECV.

Please note that Disney Springs is *much* larger now than it was even 5 years ago - and bus drop off/pick up zone have moved significantly; grabbing a map (or using the one built in to your My Disney Experience app on your smartphone) will be very helpful!

Now, let's talk about buses. And ramps. (and Monorails and boats, too - they use portable ramps to get on and off)

Sometimes people worry that other Guests are watching or "judging" them when they use the ramp to drive their device into/out of the bus. I've been using a personal mobility device for *years* at WDW now, and I know that people who appear to be staring at you when you are loading/unloading from the bus really are often just watching out of curiosity.

Think about it like this: The bus pulls up, and everyone gets off. BUT before anyone can get on, the driver closes the front doors, and the back doors, and then walks to the back of the bus. The back doors open again - but only *after* the bus has "kneeled" (with a great huge wheezy gasp) and then barfed out a ramp with all kinds of beeping as well!

It's a wonder that Disney hasn't decided to sell tickets for the spectacular that is the bus deploying/retracting the ramp!

So, often the folks who may (to us) appear to be "judging" or staring, are actually WDW newbies who are startled by all of the commotion. But it's the *bus* they are watching - not the scooter driver.

At the Resort Hotel, make sure you are parked in the white painted rectangle at the bus stop (unless another guest beat you to it) so that the driver sees you, and knows you are waiting to ride. As the bus approaches, I usually try to wave and smile to let the driver know I will be riding their bus.

When the driver says that it's time to board the bus, just let them know that you are a newbie, and will appreciate all the help they can give you. Remember - they are an *expert* at getting folks on and off the bus, so just take a deep breath, and listen to their instructions, and everything will be fine

When the ramp comes down, line up on the ramp, and try to go right up the center. At the top of the ramp you will typically have to turn a bit to the right. GO SLOWLY, especially until you are used to the ECV. Even experienced users take this carefully - the last thing you want is to run over the driver, or hit the side of the doorway going in. The drivers will give you instructions and will help as much as they can, but *technically* it is up to you (or a member of your party) to actually get the ECV up into (or back out of) the bus. You will always board first, and exit last.

If you are just too worried about driving on and off the bus, someone who is with you can do that for you. Again, they just have to follow the bus driver's instructions. You can walk up or down the ramp after the driver tells you it is safe to do so.

When it's time to drive off the bus, the most important thing is to make sure that you don't turn your front wheels (or the "tiller" - the steering mechanism) until AFTER your rear wheels are on the ground, and you are completely clear of the ramp. You don't want to catch the edge of the ramp, and tip over!

Boats: All of the boats, except for the little launches at Poly & WL, are accessible. Most of the boats will have a portable ramp that a CM will place for you to drive on and off the boat. The exception to this is at WL; the bigger boats historically don't use a ramp there, and you just have to hope that the water level (and number of people on the boat) work in your favor! (Makes it kind of exciting LOL!) We have had a CM instruct us to wait while more people board to lower the boat, and then when the doorway is at the optimum height to the dock, they wave us on.

Monorail: You will see the same portable ramps at the Monorail stations that we use at the boats. A CM will tell you which car to drive to, and will place a ramp for you. Sometimes, you get lucky, and you drive on, and drive off - but there will be times when you have to back off down the ramp. Remember to keep your wheels straight, have someone behind you giving you clear verbal cues, and take your time for safety.

And nowadays, we have the Skyliners, which use a whole different loading/unloading system - no ramps needed!

Skyliner: You will be directed to a special area for loading where the Skyliner cabins are stopped at all stations (except for Riveria, and that should *not* be attempted by a novice driver because generally speaking they don't/won't/can't stop the line there)

The Skyliner cabins are all a direct drive-on; no ramp is needed. Once the ECV is in the cabin, the CM will place wheel chocks to prevent the scooter from rolling across the cabin during flight. When you arrive at your destination, your cabin will be sent to the HA loading area, and the CM will enter the cabin to remove the chocks, and you will back straight off the Skyliner. Again take your time, and keep your wheels straight.

In general: Whenever loading/unloading from Disney transportation of any kind, use the *slowest* possible speed - this may be indicated on the controls by a "turtle" - and listen to the CMs who are there for your safety - they will guide you all the way!

So that you can have the best trip possible, here's a few more tips, just for you:

- Plan ahead if you are flying. Remember that long lines at TSA - and long concourses inside terminals - can be problematic (especially if you have a layover at an interim airport). You may want to consider bringing along a folding rollator or a wheelchair from home that someone in your party could push, or arranging for an airport porter service if you will need it. All wheelchairs, and ECVs (as well as walkers & Rollators) fly for free on US based air carriers because they are considered to be medical equipment, so you don't have to worry about an additional expense. If you don't need to use that device while at WDW, you can just leave it folded & parked in the Resort hotel room.

- If flying in to Orlando, be sure to let Disney's Magical Express know if you will need to use the lift because you can't use the stairs, to get in and out of the bus that goes to and from the airport. (you must be seated on/in a wheelchair or ECV to use the lift - they will not operate it with anyone standing on it) If you are not bringing your own mobility device and you are using a rental ECV at your Resort, the Magical Express buses typically have a "loaner" wheelchair under the bus that you will sit in to ride the lift into/out of the bus. We have lots more info on this process if needed 🙂

- You *can* practice your ECV driving and parking skills at Wal-Mart, Target, Lowe's, the grocery store, etc. and it helps some people feel more prepared. It's a great way to practice for the inevitable moment when someone *will* walk right out in front of you while you are driving at WDW! Those big electric shopping cart/scooter hybrids are slow, and clumsy, and not really like driving a standard ECV - it's true - but they do offer some "real world" practice for those who feel like they need to get the hang of driving an ECV in public before they arrive at WDW.

- WDW has a rule - for everyone's safety - that only you ride the ECV. You will undoubtedly see people holding children on their laps while driving their scooters, but it's very dangerous, and I hope you will agree that safety comes first. One ECV, one rider.

- Don't allow the scooter to become your group's personal pack mule. It's a medical mobility device, meant to carry a person, not everyone's bags, coats and "stuff". For the comfort and safety of the rider, try to make sure that they are not overburdened. This is especially true at bag check - ECVs still have to go through security lines, and the person on the ECV is responsible for everything on the ECV, or in it's basket/compartment/bag at security.

People who have never had to use a mobility device don't realize that many scooters can't just stop on a dime; some of them "coast" a tiny bit before coming to a complete stop, even if the driver is fast off the throttle or hard on the brakes (if equipped with brakes). To help keep everyone safe and whole, I try to make eye contact, smile politely, and offer an cheerful "Excuse me!" when needed. Little kiddos are also prone to running out in front of mobility devices because they are blissfully unaware of the laws of physics. So, the big take-away here is: Remember to stay sharp and focused while driving the ECV, and enlist everyone else in your party to help create that "bubble" of safety!

- If you can, practice a bit with your rental (at the Resort is a great spot for this) prior to going in to the parks. Get used to how it handles, turns, stops and starts. Every ECV is a bit different (just like any other vehicle). I have 2 personal ECVs, identical models and they each have their own "personality" (and name. Because I'm weird like that LOL)

- A few miscellaneous driving tips: anytime at WDW (or anytime using an ECV for that matter) be aware of ramps, hills and slopes. Going up, you will want to lean forward slightly to help shift your center of gravity towards the front of the ECV. Take your time on steep slopes, hills or ramps, and if possible, approach them slowly and carefully at the base; hitting the bottom of some of the steeper ramps or slopes can be a bit jarring.

Coming down, be very aware of your speed, and make sure you can control your speed effectively. Two hands on the wheel!

- When crossing the train tracks embedded in Main Street at MK, try to cross at a slight angle. Otherwise, you risk the wheel(s) getting caught, and you could find yourself dumped rather unceremoniously onto Main Street. Everyone wants to have an unforgettable trip - just for the right reasons!

Let us know if you have any more questions about ECV use at WDW, and we will be glad to answer them as best we can!

even though it is a long post take time to read 'mamabunny"'s post. as all have said no one knows what if anything will change

:moped::moped::moped::moped::moped::love::love::love::love::love::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Absolutely wonderful personally experienced information. I feel like you were reading my mind.

Thank you so very much mamabunny.

Right now, we don't know what is going to change when WDW reopens, so all of the information below is based on pre-pandemic life at Disney World.

Most likely, crowds will be held at (artificially) historically low levels, which will make for a whole different environment for everyone, and social distancing spacing rules will likely be in place for some time to come, which will also alter experiences. The one thing you *can* count on will be the Cast Members - they will be your best source of current, up-to-the-minute information once you are there. And I can't stress this enough:

Never hesitate to ask a CM if you have a question - about where to park your ECV, about where to enter the line or exit the attraction, or anything else. I promise, they are there to help you have the best possible experience you can.

For purposes of this post, I'm going to assume that you will be staying onsite at a WDW Resort. I'm also going to be using "you" and "your" in the post below to refer to you, your hubby and your family; it's just easier 🙂

And yes... this post is *LONG*. But hopefully, it's a good, solid overview for y'all. If you have any questions afterward, please feel free to ask us - we all want you to have the best possible trip! 🙂

The very first thing I want to talk about is the use of an ECV (or any personal mobility device). Often, when someone has to use one for the first time at WDW, they are sad, or upset, or even angry about it. That's actually an expected reaction, and everyone here - in this forum - understands that. Most of us have experienced it, firsthand.

And folks here understand this too: Using an ECV is simply using the best possible available tool to get the most possible enjoyment from your vacation.

Quick personal story: First time I had to use an ECV at WDW, I was *sure* that the world was going to end (This was years ago, and I was not the chill, mellow Rabbit I am now...) and I cried real, actual boohoo tears while we were waiting for the vendor to deliver it to us at Epcot. Because, you see, I had reached a point where I just couldn't walk anymore. In the middle of Epcot. After it was delivered, I wiped my tears, and I drove the wheels off that thing for the rest of our trip, and a couple of really interesting things happened: First of all, the world didn't end (you can tell, because here we are, sharing this story...) and more importantly, I got home and I had less pain and discomfort than when my trip started - I had an actual vacation from my pain and discomfort. And it was because I used that ECV - the one that I was sure was going to be the end of my world.

If you need glasses, do you refuse to wear them, going through life squinting at everyone and everything? Probably not.

If you need to use a calculator to do math, do you refuse to touch it, and instead resort to pencil and paper - or counting on toes and fingers? Probably not.

Both of those - glasses and calculators - are tools that we use every day to make our lives more efficient. At WDW, many people use an ECV as a tool to improve both their stamina, and their enjoyment of the vacation, and to manage pain or other medical conditions.

There are many people who rent ECVs only at WDW - in their "regular" lives, they never need one or use one. A lot of the folks you will see have "hidden disabilities" that aren't readily apparent. Others simply can't - for whatever reason - manage the (average) 3 to 10 miles *per day* that the average Guest will walk at WDW.

Do what is right for you, and what will help you the most. Only you can decide - just know that using the best possible tools to have the best possible vacation at WDW is a smart decision. Don't get home from your trip to WDW, and find yourself in more pain than when you left; it defeats the entire purpose of the vacation!

Generally speaking, around here we recommend that you rent an ECV for the length of your planned stay at WDW from an outside vendor - that way you have the ECV to use at the Resort (and most of the WDW Resort hotels are *huge*) and it gives a certain amount of freedom too - if you want to get up early and go get coffee, you don't have to worry about the walk to the QS and back. It also means that you have a built-in seat when waiting for the buses; no need to worry about being able to stand and/or walk that long. Last, but certainly not least, you don't have to worry about the Parks being out of rental units, (it happens!) not to mention it is typically much cheaper to rent from an outside vendor. In the spirit of full transparency: Here's Disney World's information on renting an ECV from WDW

Some folks prefer to drive their own car to/from the Parks, even if staying onsite at a Disney Resort. Just be sure to rent an ECV that can be disassembled. And be sure to ask the vendor how much the heaviest piece weighs by itself; if you can't lift 35 to 50 pounds from the ground into the back of your vehicle, you might want to consider taking the bus with the rest of us! 😉

A lot of folks stress out about driving in crowds at WDW, and that's understandable. When driving any kind of mobility device at WDW, it's great if the folks traveling with the device user can help create a "bubble" around them. The "bubble" helps prevent the (inevitable) issue with people walking right in front of you, or sometimes right *into* you (yes, it happens - typically they are busy looking at their phone, and not paying attention to where they are walking). My family tries to keep someone in front of me, and someone on my left (I try to travel as close to the right side of pathways as possible) which prevents a lot of problems; then we just have to keep an eye out for anyone who may pop out on the right side.

Where to park, when to park, how to enter and exit rides, attractions, shows and dining are all pretty simple: For the majority of Disney World, everything is "mainstreamed" - meaning there is no special entrance or exit for you to use. Cast Members will typically show you where the best place is to park while you are busy on a ride/eating/watching a show when you arrive at that location. If you have any questions, just ask! And, if you are worried about how far it is from where you have been asked to park, to where you need to go, talk to the CM about your current abilities. Often, they can let you get closer to your seat, and then move (or let a family member move) the ECV for you.

We have a great many people here who love to "park and walk" - that is, they will drive the ECV to an area of the Park, and find a spot (usually in stroller parking, but again - ask any CM where a good place is to leave it) and then they will explore that area on foot, allowing them to get some walking in. When they are ready to move on, they return to the ECV, and move it to the next area they want to explore.

Some folks are not comfortable leaving the ECV too far away, in that case, they will sometimes have a family member (over the age of 18 - no drivers who aren't old enough to vote!) drive the ECV for a small amount of time while they walk for a bit. And that's ok too!

One of the big concerns people have revolves around their rental scooter being "stolen" at Disney World.

Don't worry if y'all park the ECV, and you come out of a ride, attraction or meal to find it "missing".

Cast Members routinely have to shift around scooters and strollers to keep walkways clear, and to fill in blank spots. Because there are so many similar ECVs (especially rental ECVs) it can be easy for it to become "lost" in a small sea of similar looking units. So, one of the things we recommend you do is tie a brightly colored length of ribbon, or even a brightly colored cotton bandana somewhere on the scooter. You can even pop a favorite Disney T-shirt over the back of the seat! That way, you ask the CM who is moving scooters and strollers around if they have seen the scooter with the bright green ribbons on the basket - instead of "the black one" or "the one with a captain's chair".

In all the years I have been hanging around here, we have had *one* scooter that was literally taken by accident because it was identical to the scooter that person had rented. (for rentals, the keys are all the same so the rental company doesn't have to keep track of one particular set of keys - they can hand over any key for any scooter). It all got sorted in the end, and everything was OK. But seriously, at WDW, in the Parks, you don't have to worry. Additionally, these days, most of the rental vendors have bright colored "personalized" signs that hang off the scooter (typically off the back of the seat) to help prevent that very problem.

And always always always take the key if you leave the scooter anywhere. Cast Members know how to disengage the brake to move it if need be.

Remember that you won't park it outside your hotel room - it goes in your hotel room every night to fully recharge - and I know it goes without saying that you don't ever want leave anything in/on the scooter that you don't want to grow legs and "walk" away...

There is plenty of room in every Disney Resort hotel room to park & charge a standard scooter. (Actually, you can park & charge *2* scooters in every Disney Resort hotel room - yes, even Value rooms!)

Disney Springs merits a quick mention - because it's open to the public with no admission, there is a greater chance that someone *might* try to take it on a joyride, but simply taking the key with you every time you leave it solves a lot of that kind of nonsense!

There should be no problems using the scooter there, either. You can even use the water taxi system to get from one end of the Springs to the other with the ECV.

Please note that Disney Springs is *much* larger now than it was even 5 years ago - and bus drop off/pick up zone have moved significantly; grabbing a map (or using the one built in to your My Disney Experience app on your smartphone) will be very helpful!

Now, let's talk about buses. And ramps. (and Monorails and boats, too - they use portable ramps to get on and off)

Sometimes people worry that other Guests are watching or "judging" them when they use the ramp to drive their device into/out of the bus. I've been using a personal mobility device for *years* at WDW now, and I know that people who appear to be staring at you when you are loading/unloading from the bus really are often just watching out of curiosity.

Think about it like this: The bus pulls up, and everyone gets off. BUT before anyone can get on, the driver closes the front doors, and the back doors, and then walks to the back of the bus. The back doors open again - but only *after* the bus has "kneeled" (with a great huge wheezy gasp) and then barfed out a ramp with all kinds of beeping as well!

It's a wonder that Disney hasn't decided to sell tickets for the spectacular that is the bus deploying/retracting the ramp!

So, often the folks who may (to us) appear to be "judging" or staring, are actually WDW newbies who are startled by all of the commotion. But it's the *bus* they are watching - not the scooter driver.

At the Resort Hotel, make sure you are parked in the white painted rectangle at the bus stop (unless another guest beat you to it) so that the driver sees you, and knows you are waiting to ride. As the bus approaches, I usually try to wave and smile to let the driver know I will be riding their bus.

When the driver says that it's time to board the bus, just let them know that you are a newbie, and will appreciate all the help they can give you. Remember - they are an *expert* at getting folks on and off the bus, so just take a deep breath, and listen to their instructions, and everything will be fine

When the ramp comes down, line up on the ramp, and try to go right up the center. At the top of the ramp you will typically have to turn a bit to the right. GO SLOWLY, especially until you are used to the ECV. Even experienced users take this carefully - the last thing you want is to run over the driver, or hit the side of the doorway going in. The drivers will give you instructions and will help as much as they can, but *technically* it is up to you (or a member of your party) to actually get the ECV up into (or back out of) the bus. You will always board first, and exit last.

If you are just too worried about driving on and off the bus, someone who is with you can do that for you. Again, they just have to follow the bus driver's instructions. You can walk up or down the ramp after the driver tells you it is safe to do so.

When it's time to drive off the bus, the most important thing is to make sure that you don't turn your front wheels (or the "tiller" - the steering mechanism) until AFTER your rear wheels are on the ground, and you are completely clear of the ramp. You don't want to catch the edge of the ramp, and tip over!

Boats: All of the boats, except for the little launches at Poly & WL, are accessible. Most of the boats will have a portable ramp that a CM will place for you to drive on and off the boat. The exception to this is at WL; the bigger boats historically don't use a ramp there, and you just have to hope that the water level (and number of people on the boat) work in your favor! (Makes it kind of exciting LOL!) We have had a CM instruct us to wait while more people board to lower the boat, and then when the doorway is at the optimum height to the dock, they wave us on.

Monorail: You will see the same portable ramps at the Monorail stations that we use at the boats. A CM will tell you which car to drive to, and will place a ramp for you. Sometimes, you get lucky, and you drive on, and drive off - but there will be times when you have to back off down the ramp. Remember to keep your wheels straight, have someone behind you giving you clear verbal cues, and take your time for safety.

And nowadays, we have the Skyliners, which use a whole different loading/unloading system - no ramps needed!

Skyliner: You will be directed to a special area for loading where the Skyliner cabins are stopped at all stations (except for Riveria, and that should *not* be attempted by a novice driver because generally speaking they don't/won't/can't stop the line there)

The Skyliner cabins are all a direct drive-on; no ramp is needed. Once the ECV is in the cabin, the CM will place wheel chocks to prevent the scooter from rolling across the cabin during flight. When you arrive at your destination, your cabin will be sent to the HA loading area, and the CM will enter the cabin to remove the chocks, and you will back straight off the Skyliner. Again take your time, and keep your wheels straight.

In general: Whenever loading/unloading from Disney transportation of any kind, use the *slowest* possible speed - this may be indicated on the controls by a "turtle" - and listen to the CMs who are there for your safety - they will guide you all the way!

So that you can have the best trip possible, here's a few more tips, just for you:

- Plan ahead if you are flying. Remember that long lines at TSA - and long concourses inside terminals - can be problematic (especially if you have a layover at an interim airport). You may want to consider bringing along a folding rollator or a wheelchair from home that someone in your party could push, or arranging for an airport porter service if you will need it. All wheelchairs, and ECVs (as well as walkers & Rollators) fly for free on US based air carriers because they are considered to be medical equipment, so you don't have to worry about an additional expense. If you don't need to use that device while at WDW, you can just leave it folded & parked in the Resort hotel room.

- If flying in to Orlando, be sure to let Disney's Magical Express know if you will need to use the lift because you can't use the stairs, to get in and out of the bus that goes to and from the airport. (you must be seated on/in a wheelchair or ECV to use the lift - they will not operate it with anyone standing on it) If you are not bringing your own mobility device and you are using a rental ECV at your Resort, the Magical Express buses typically have a "loaner" wheelchair under the bus that you will sit in to ride the lift into/out of the bus. We have lots more info on this process if needed 🙂

- You *can* practice your ECV driving and parking skills at Wal-Mart, Target, Lowe's, the grocery store, etc. and it helps some people feel more prepared. It's a great way to practice for the inevitable moment when someone *will* walk right out in front of you while you are driving at WDW! Those big electric shopping cart/scooter hybrids are slow, and clumsy, and not really like driving a standard ECV - it's true - but they do offer some "real world" practice for those who feel like they need to get the hang of driving an ECV in public before they arrive at WDW.

- WDW has a rule - for everyone's safety - that only you ride the ECV. You will undoubtedly see people holding children on their laps while driving their scooters, but it's very dangerous, and I hope you will agree that safety comes first. One ECV, one rider.

- Don't allow the scooter to become your group's personal pack mule. It's a medical mobility device, meant to carry a person, not everyone's bags, coats and "stuff". For the comfort and safety of the rider, try to make sure that they are not overburdened. This is especially true at bag check - ECVs still have to go through security lines, and the person on the ECV is responsible for everything on the ECV, or in it's basket/compartment/bag at security.

People who have never had to use a mobility device don't realize that many scooters can't just stop on a dime; some of them "coast" a tiny bit before coming to a complete stop, even if the driver is fast off the throttle or hard on the brakes (if equipped with brakes). To help keep everyone safe and whole, I try to make eye contact, smile politely, and offer an cheerful "Excuse me!" when needed. Little kiddos are also prone to running out in front of mobility devices because they are blissfully unaware of the laws of physics. So, the big take-away here is: Remember to stay sharp and focused while driving the ECV, and enlist everyone else in your party to help create that "bubble" of safety!

- If you can, practice a bit with your rental (at the Resort is a great spot for this) prior to going in to the parks. Get used to how it handles, turns, stops and starts. Every ECV is a bit different (just like any other vehicle). I have 2 personal ECVs, identical models and they each have their own "personality" (and name. Because I'm weird like that LOL)

- A few miscellaneous driving tips: anytime at WDW (or anytime using an ECV for that matter) be aware of ramps, hills and slopes. Going up, you will want to lean forward slightly to help shift your center of gravity towards the front of the ECV. Take your time on steep slopes, hills or ramps, and if possible, approach them slowly and carefully at the base; hitting the bottom of some of the steeper ramps or slopes can be a bit jarring.

Coming down, be very aware of your speed, and make sure you can control your speed effectively. Two hands on the wheel!

- When crossing the train tracks embedded in Main Street at MK, try to cross at a slight angle. Otherwise, you risk the wheel(s) getting caught, and you could find yourself dumped rather unceremoniously onto Main Street. Everyone wants to have an unforgettable trip - just for the right reasons!

Let us know if you have any more questions about ECV use at WDW, and we will be glad to answer them as best we can!

I'm a pessimist, but I really don't see WDW opening up any time soon, especially if we have to do social distancing. Just from reading some of the posts on the Community Board here - people will not follow instructions. Since it is a global destination, it will either be a hotspot after one week, or will have to be limited to Florida residents only, or maybe US citizens.

I'm a pessimist, but I really don't see WDW opening up any time soon, especially if we have to do social distancing. Just from reading some of the posts on the Community Board here - people will not follow instructions. Since it is a global destination, it will either be a hotspot after one week, or will have to be limited to Florida residents only, or maybe US citizens.

Don't want to run this too far off the original topic, but I actually think that - and here's the big qualifier - IF Disney is willing to actually enforce their own rules and regs, it could work.

In general, I know that CMs try hard to avoid direct confrontation with Guests, and I know that they try very hard to remember that people from all kinds of backgrounds and social experience levels come to WDW. I also know that there often aren't enough CMs to actually be effective in preventing poor Guest behavior; I think we have all seen Guests do things they probably wouldn't have if a CM were standing there.

MK in particular has become a problem for me; I am so tired of seeing Guests behaving boorishly there, and doing things like overrunning the HA viewing areas, etc. with no intervention by CMs. Unless Disney is willing to make those CMs stand up to misbehaving Guests, then I agree - there's no point in opening again.

ok I know off topic but I just need to ask. @mamabunny do you have this saved on your device and just repast it. It is so good but just wondering if you write it all out each time.

Dear mamabunny and gap2368.

I completely agree.

I don't want to run this too far off the original topic either.

I have had the same experiences.

I am so tired of seeing Guests behaving boorishly there, and doing things like overrunning the HA viewing areas, etc. with no intervention by CMs.

I saw Disney China will open its maximum capacity Magic Kingdom of 80,000 guests to only 30% or 24,000 guests soon in May. But since I don't do the attraction rides much, I will miss the no-no crowds of fireworks and parades and shows at WDW if they reopen.

Don't want to run this too far off the original topic, but I actually think that - and here's the big qualifier - IF Disney is willing to actually enforce their own rules and regs, it could work.

In general, I know that CMs try hard to avoid direct confrontation with Guests, and I know that they try very hard to remember that people from all kinds of backgrounds and social experience levels come to WDW. I also know that there often aren't enough CMs to actually be effective in preventing poor Guest behavior; I think we have all seen Guests do things they probably wouldn't have if a CM were standing there.

MK in particular has become a problem for me; I am so tired of seeing Guests behaving boorishly there, and doing things like overrunning the HA viewing areas, etc. with no intervention by CMs. Unless Disney is willing to make those CMs stand up to misbehaving Guests, then I agree - there's no point in opening again.

ok I know off topic but I just need to ask. @mamabunny do you have this saved on your device and just repast it. It is so good but just wondering if you write it all out each time.

LOL you caught me! 😉

Actually, I have it saved in long form (so ALL of the advice I tend to give), and typically I edit it to make it more personalized. On my MacBook Pro, I use an app called "ClipboardHistory" to save snippets of text I use over and over as I travel about the internet, leaving little trails of rabbity-goodness everywhere I go... WAIT, THOSE ARE NOT RAISINS, DON'T EAT THEM! 🤣

I new something new every day, Thankyou.

LOL you caught me! 😉

Actually, I have it saved in long form (so ALL of the advice I tend to give), and typically I edit it to make it more personalized. On my MacBook Pro, I use an app called "ClipboardHistory" to save snippets of text I use over and over as I travel about the internet, leaving little trails of rabbity-goodness everywhere I go... WAIT, THOSE ARE NOT RAISINS, DON'T EAT THEM! 🤣

Just don’t worry about it CM do scooter all day long. They will get you on each ride. Depending on how much he can or can not walk. If he can walk a little distance and get on ride by himself that one thing. If not you have to Waite for ride cars to take scooter, or transfer to wheelchair.

The nice part is that there’s usually a cast member outside each attraction who will advise you on what the current procedure is for that particular place. So, for the most part, you don’t really have to memorize which attractions do things which way.

On one trip, my sister and I developed a kind of buddy system. I do have chronic mobility and pain issues, but I’m also visually impaired, which can make it difficult at times navigating from the seat of an ECV. Her eyesight’s great, but her mobility issues are worse than mine. This particular year I made the choice to go without an ECV as I was in a bit of a remission. In crowded areas, I would walk while holding on to the back of her seat. She navigated for both of us while I made us more visible to other guests who wouldn’t normally see her below their eye level (I’m on the tall side when upright). Teamwork!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter