First Timers, Fast Pass suggestions welcome

Brit1720

Earning My Ears
We are taking our first trip next month! We have a party of 7 which includes 4 adults, 2 6 year old girls and a just turned 3 year old boy. I'm struggling to wrap my head around which attractions that we need to attempt to fast pass for the group or portions of the group. With the added caveat that 1 of the 6 year olds is over 48 inches and the other is only 46 inches...there will be at least a few things that the bigger people may like to do that the smaller ones can't. We will be spending 1 day in each of the 4 parks.

I've read a little bit about Rider switch things but I'm not sure exactly how that is working. If we had fast passes for 2 adults, could the other 2 stay with the kids and then rider swap without a fast pass themselves?

We are taking our first trip next month! We have a party of 7 which includes 4 adults, 2 6 year old girls and a just turned 3 year old boy. I'm struggling to wrap my head around which attractions that we need to attempt to fast pass for the group or portions of the group. With the added caveat that 1 of the 6 year olds is over 48 inches and the other is only 46 inches...there will be at least a few things that the bigger people may like to do that the smaller ones can't. We will be spending 1 day in each of the 4 parks.

I've read a little bit about Rider switch things but I'm not sure exactly how that is working. If we had fast passes for 2 adults, could the other 2 stay with the kids and then rider swap without a fast pass themselves?

Welcome! :welcome:
My suggestion to you is to go to the Disney website and view the rides. Here on the DIS, you will also get suggestions on the biggies. For example, in EPCOT, Test Track, Frozen Ever After, and Soarin are the big ones. They are all Tier ones so you'll have to pick the one you most want to ride first to FP, then rope drop the other two. You can find more information about this on the FP stickie at the top of this board. MK doesn't tier their rides, so you may be lucky to FP 3 of the biggies right off the bat!

Also remember, you might do better breaking your group into a 3 and a 4. Then just overlap your FP time. If you rider swap, you may not have to, but I'm not very familiar with that. I hope I've helped a bit! Have a blast no matter what!! pixiedust:

Thank you for the reply! I am such a big planner and no one else in our party has any idea or expectations so I guess that helps a little bit. If we miss out on something then I will probably be the only one that realizes it anyway and the kids will have a magical time anyway. I hadn't thought about breaking us up into smaller groups for fastpasses....i need to look into that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter