First Timer Question

chucky2k

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I am planning my 1st trip to Disneyland Paris with my 9yo nephew and was wondering if a park itinerary is really necessary for Tuesday 11th and Wednesday 12 December. We are hoping to get as many of the rides as possible during our trip. Was planning on doing WDS on the Tuesday and then DLP on the Wednesday (to take advantage of th EMH). Any advice on what to expect on these days would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps,

David

I've never used an itinerary.

However, there are some things in WDS and the Park which are only on at certain times of the day, so if you want to do those particular things, I'd advise you to keep a note of the times etc, so you don't miss them (for example, if you want to see Animagique or Cinemagique, you're unlikely to get in the theatres at 1 minute past the scheduled show time).

For our first trip, we didn't have any kind of idea about what we wanted to see and do, so actually, I think we missed out on a few things we could have fitted in.

This past trip though, thanks to this website mainly, we were much more organised, and we did have a few "want to's" listed for each day of our trip.

Elaine

we've been for the last couple of years around the time your going and its not as busy as it thought it would be... we've never needed an itinerary either. we managed to get on all the rides we wanted to, strangely enough some of them have had 15 or 20 minutes queues sometimes!
i would strongly recommend taking full advantage of the fastpass system though because rides like Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear and Rockin' Roller Coaster do get very busy. Just keep an eye on queue times and take it as it comes!
If you want to see any parades turn up early for those though, that does get very busy!

Hi David and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here and DIS posting guidelines can be found here :)

Hi David, only just seen your thread.
As mum to 2 boys 13 and 8 I'd suggest that at WDS you make sure you see the Stunt Show, RnR if you're both into coasters, it's fast and Crush's coaster, although we haven't ridden it yet, going by reports it's probably not a bad idea to head straight for that one when you get in the park.
Armageddon and the Tram Tour if you're into special effects and Cinemagique, well worth it if you have time. Aladdin is similar to Dumbo and Orbitron in the main park but will probably have a shorter queue.

In the main park, I'd say your must do's are Phantom Manor and Big Thunder Mountain in Frontierland, Pirates of the Caribbean and possibly Indiana Jones dependent on your nephew's height, Buzz Lightyear, Star Tours, Space Mountain if you're both tall and brave enough, the Nautilus is well worth a walk through, Autopia and finally Orbitron (bit more oomph than Dumbo). Plus you have the Lion King show and Honey I shrunk the Audience in Discoveryland, both of which I think your nephew would enjoy.

Fantasyland - Pinnochio, Snow White, Peter Pan, Small World are all well worth riding, but wouldn't be my boys first choice if time was limited and you will have the parades and the Christmas season shows too. If your nephew isn't into the parades then it's a fabulous time to ride the attractions, but I'd recommend you try and catch the parades, perhaps on Day One you could hop over to the main park in the afternoon and watch them then.

I'm going to be honest and say I don't think you'll fit everything into 2 days, for me, the minimum I'd recommend is 2 days in the main park and 1 at WDS. Time really flies by when you're there. Use the Fastpasses as much as you can but be selective, you can't hold more than 1 for the same time slot, so if for instance BTM is a must do - make sure you head for the FP machines as soon as they open and then ride PM or the paddle steamer whilst you wait. Given your limited time I think it would be a good thing to have some plan of what you really want to do. Eat as much as you can at breakfast and then eat on the hoof during the day and have your main meal after the park's closed.

If you want to have a look at some maps, so you can get a feel for the place, I've got some, the entertainment schedule will be different, but you're quite welcome to them and I can pop them in the post for you.

I'm sure you'll both have a fabulous time, probably the first of many. :)

Hi Jillrobinson,

Thank you so much for taking the time top post your information, a copy of the maps would be wonderful, I'll pm you my address details.

I have read that Big Thunder Mountain will be closed for rehab the week that we are there, if that remains so I think that the Indiana Jones ride will be more than suitable. Have checked his height and he makes it by 5cm.

Now on to choosing the must rides for DLP.

Thanks once again.

David

Hi David,

DLRP is a resort where at most times you can work without an itinerary as such. Whereas WDW in Florida is such a huge resort and spread over 4 parks and waterparks plus a separate dining and shopping district the Paris resort is much more compact.

I would pick up park guides when you arrive and spend a few minutes (maybe over a snack in the bakery!) deciding on your must do's. It shouldn't be sooooo busy that you need to go commando style from ride to ride but if you are finging there are long waits on a major attraction plan to do it either early on your second day or during a parade.

Also if you want to do the big rides MAKE USE OF FASTPASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even in quieter times this can be useful and avoid you needing to queue for too long.

Mel
x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter