First time with personal vehicle at WDW???

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by *pixie*, Apr 12, 2019.

1. *pixie*

*pixie* Mouseketeer

We are staying at Disney's Vero Beach Resort and while there are planning on driving to WDW a couple of days. We have always stayed onsite at WDW and used their transportation, so this will be our first time with our own vehicle. Our plan is to to rope drop HS and then park hop to MK one day, and the other day we will rope drop AK and then hop to Epcot. Would our best option be to park at our rope drop park's parking lot and then drive to our afternoon park? I've also seen mention of parking at the beginning of the day at TTC and using Disney transportation the rest of the day? Silly question, I've also read something about trams. Do we have to get on a tram from the parking lot to get to the park entrance?

I'm also guessing that even though we are DVC members and staying at a Disney resort that we will have to pay for parking?

2. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

If you drive to MK, you will park at the TTC. Depending on where you park, you might opt to take a tram from the parking lot to the TTC itself. From there, you'll take a monorail or boat to the MK.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. sponica

sponica DIS Veteran

Honestly when I've park hopped with a car, I've just taken the car from park A to park B.

5. joelkfla

joelkfla DIS Veteran

Trams are usually available from the parking lot to the park entrance, unless you arrive very early or they're parking close to the park entrance. It's your choice to ride them; you can always walk in if you prefer.

You definitely want to park first where you're doing RD. After that, it's up to you whether you want to use Disney buses to park hop, or just drive. If you're hopping to MK, bear in mind that driving, you will probably want to ride the tram from the parking lot and then you will also have to ride the Monorail or Ferry Boat to the park entrance, whereas Disney buses will take you right to the entrance.

Parking at TTC is not a good plan for park hopping, unless you're just hopping between MK & Epcot, because there are no buses between TTC and DHS or DAK.

sponica likes this.
  6. *pixie*

*pixie* Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! Sounds like our best bet is to park at whatever park we are currently at. If we pay for parking at the first park, and then park hop to the next park, do we have to pay another parking fee at the second park?

7. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

No, you pay for parking just the one time...be sure to keep your receipt from the first park.

Searc and bumbershoot like this.
  8. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

I would just drive to the next park.

I just checked out google maps, and that’s over 100 miles each way. You’re a stronger parks fan than I am!

Bullseye likes this.
  9. *pixie*

*pixie* Mouseketeer

Awesome, thank you!!

Lol, we live in a very rural area, so any time we want to go anywhere, it is a 45 minute to two hour drive, so we are used to it!

bumbershoot likes this.
  10. Mikey15

Mikey15 Mouseketeer

Don't know if it suits your plans, but I'd consider doing Epcot on the day your rope drop Hollywood, and MK on the day you rope drop AK. That way on the Hollywood day you can just leave the car parked at Hollywood and boat or walk to and from Epcot.

11. JimMIA

JimMIA There's more to life than mice...

I would double-check this -- maybe on the DVC boards. It's true for the ONSITE DVC resorts, but I'm not sure it will work if you're staying at VB.