First time with a wheelchair

kmb584

DIS Veteran
A few weeks ago, my 83-year-old grandmother tripped and fell down the last 4 steps in her home. A trip to the walk-in ortho clinic revealed no broken bones, however, the doctor said she did a good job of twisting her ankle. She's still hobbling and is using a cane here at home for stability. Her ortho recommended using a wheelchair while we're in WDW (June 3-12; we told her we'd reschedule, she refused to listen). Are there any lines that aren't mainstreamed?

A few weeks ago, my 83-year-old grandmother tripped and fell down the last 4 steps in her home. A trip to the walk-in ortho clinic revealed no broken bones, however, the doctor said she did a good job of twisting her ankle. She's still hobbling and is using a cane here at home for stability. Her ortho recommended using a wheelchair while we're in WDW (June 3-12; we told her we'd reschedule, she refused to listen). Are there any lines that aren't mainstreamed?
most are mainstreamed but few like Spaceship Earth and Toy Story and other have separate loading areas. there are others CMs at each ride will tell you how works there. 2 rides most likely not able to do People Mover and Peter Pan as they can not slow platform. I would use the cane for helping in and out of boats like Pirates and Small World. if you have not look at wheelchair rental from off site as it can be a walk around resort and to either bus or where car is parked. have a great trip

most lines are main stream a few are not.

MK

JC
BTMRR
sometimes IASW
space mountian is FP only

EPCOT
space ship earth

there are a few more that are main stream up to a point normally right where FP and stand by merge theses the CM will direct you to an alternative route from here is should take about 10 minutes ( really with lines should take this long) so you should not really have to wait longer then if you were not in a wheel chair.

TSMM has a third track that is fully accessible if your mom can transfer. she should be able to wheel her chair fairly close to the ride.

If a CM ask if your mom can walk make sure you tell them how many steps. like can she do 5 or can she do 50. can she stand for just 1 minute or can she stand for 10. This will really help the CM know what would be the best for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!