First time universal /disney split stay

happypaws

Mouseketeer
I bought an Disney AP this year back in April when I was there for a conference and have been wanting to do food and wine for ages, but like many others out there, the lack of discounts at Disney this fall, coupled with wanting to give Universal a try finally pushed me into booking.
I have been dead set on not doing Universal/Islands of Adventure for many years after a terrible experience when I was a kid. I was stuck inside a line for 2.5 hours with my dad for the Dudley do Right log flume ride (back when Islands of Adventure first opened), never again. But I have talked about giving Universal another try every time I find myself going to Florida.
So I finally took the plunge and booked a split stay this September between the Contemporary and Portofino. I was shocked Portofino was actually a better price than Royal Pacific and Contemporary was the best deal out of all the deluxes, this fall is weird.
Traveling with my spouse, no kids, doing the Halloween party and F&W at Disney and looking forward to experiencing Universal without having a set itinerary. :) I miss the days at Disney when it was like this. Went to Disneyland last year with the max pass and it was like old times.
Thanks to doing a little research on these boards, I knew it was best to book a specific hotel at Universal to get the experience I want. Can't wait to go back, though probably won't do Dudley.

Since you’re staying at PBH, I say give Dudley another try... after all you have unlimited express passes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!