First time staying on UOR Property questions

BroadwayHermione5

DIS Veteran
Hi all! First and foremost I hope you all are staying safe!
Thank you all for an earlier question i posted a couple of weeks ago. We are planning a split stay at UOR and WDW for the late summer/early fall. While we have been to Universal quite a few times, this will be our first time staying on property and my family and I have some questions that I am hoping you can all help us out with!

1) We usually get our UOR tickets via a no UOR party option. We intend on staying in one of the hotels on property that offers express pass. Can we do this? Is there a way to link said tickets and have express pass added or no? I hope this makes sense

2) Does UOR have early check in/late checkout?

3) I know UOR has something similar to Photopass but exactly how does that work?

Thank is advance. Stay awesome and safe!

BroadwayHermione5 :)

Last edited:
Hi all! First and foremost I hope you all are staying safe!
Thank you all for n earlier question i posted a couple of weeks ago. We are planning a split stay at UOR and WDW for the late summer/early fall. While we have been to Universal quite a few times, this will be our first time staying on property and my family and I have some questions that I am hoping you can all help us out with!

1) We usually get our UOR tickets via a no UOR party option. We intend on staying in one of the hotels on property that offers express pass. Can we do this? Is there a way to link said tickets and have express pass added or no? I hope this makes sense

3) I know UOR has something similar to Photopass but exactly how does that work?

Thank is advance. Stay awesome and safe!

BroadwayHermione5 :)
I only can help with #1. The hotel express pass does not connect to your ticket. You use your hotel key card. Your ticket will be a separate thing.

For #2, I'm assuming you are asking if the on-site hotels allow early check-in and/or late check-outs. The answer is yes, they do, but with some caveats. For early check-in, you can check-in very early in the morning, around 6am to 7am if you really want to (and sometimes that can be very helpful as you want to get to the parks for Early Entry.) The caveat here is that the room may or may not be available for you. If it isn't available, then you will still get your room keys (but not your room number). That allows you to have use of the Unlimited Express Pass in the parks (because as mentioned by G719, the Express Pass is your room key which you now have.) They will usually text you at some point during the day to let you know when your room is available and what the room number is.

Late check-out will probably depends on how crowded the hotel is and how many are checking out/in on the same day as you are checking-out. But even if they give it to you, expect it to be noon to 1pm for the check-out time. I have received 2pm check-outs before, but that isn't the norm and probably given to me as they see I've stayed at the on-site hotels for a lot of nights.

Check out is at 11:00
You can extend late check out to noon but need to request this at the front desk in the hotel

If the hotel is booked solid for the day you request a late check out, it might be denied

If your luggage is the issue, we've found bag services in the resorts to be wonderful. They work the same as Disney's. Use them for before your room is ready/after checkout to hold your bags. I've even given them oversized purses I don't want to carry around the parks, but need for the flight. Just stop and pick them up when you're ready.

I only can help with #1. The hotel express pass does not connect to your ticket. You use your hotel key card. Your ticket will be a separate thing.
Ah ok. I never knew that tbh. So we can get the tickets elsewhere and connect them, and still have express pass is what you are saying correct?

For #2, I'm assuming you are asking if the on-site hotels allow early check-in and/or late check-outs. The answer is yes, they do, but with some caveats. For early check-in, you can check-in very early in the morning, around 6am to 7am if you really want to (and sometimes that can be very helpful as you want to get to the parks for Early Entry.) The caveat here is that the room may or may not be available for you. If it isn't available, then you will still get your room keys (but not your room number). That allows you to have use of the Unlimited Express Pass in the parks (because as mentioned by G719, the Express Pass is your room key which you now have.) They will usually text you at some point during the day to let you know when your room is available and what the room number is.

Late check-out will probably depends on how crowded the hotel is and how many are checking out/in on the same day as you are checking-out. But even if they give it to you, expect it to be noon to 1pm for the check-out time. I have received 2pm check-outs before, but that isn't the norm and probably given to me as they see I've stayed at the on-site hotels for a lot of nights.
Awesome thank you!

Thread regarding Universal's photo program:
My Universal Photo Packages | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The simple version - you buy a package (from 1 day up to 1 year), and then you get a little card which is scanned by either photographers around the park,, or while exiting rides, and your photos are loaded to your photo account where you can access them / download them.
Ok great! Essentially like the old version of photopass at the water parks and the like. Thank you!

We have checked out of the hotel in the morning, but left our car in the hotel garage until we leave UO in the evening. Still have the benefit of Express all day. We just place our bags in the truck of our car and go enjoy the rest of the day.
We unfortuately will not be renting a car as we will use mears or uber but this is great information thank you!

Ah ok.
Thank you again. We have done UOR and HHN before but not stayed on property so this is all new to us.
I think it's confusing because there is express pass that you can buy with your tickets and then there is express pass with the hotel. But just know that it is fine to buy tickets elsewhere. That is what we are doing too. 😀

I think it's confusing because there is express pass that you can buy with your tickets and then there is express pass with the hotel. But just know that it is fine to buy tickets elsewhere. That is what we are doing too. 😀
Yes its definitely somewhat confusing. But I do appreciate the help!

If you stay at one of the premier hotels for only 1 night, do you get the express pass for both check-in and check-out day? We haven't been to Universal in many years, but I believe that is how it used to be.

If you stay at one of the premier hotels for only 1 night, do you get the express pass for both check-in and check-out day? We haven't been to Universal in many years, but I believe that is how it used to be.
Yes you do!

As PPs have mentioned, this is subject to availability and will vary. You can request a late check out at the front desk.

For check in, you can go to the desk whenever you arrive (as early as 6-7am) and they will give you room keys to use for express pass even if your room is not ready yet. When your room is ready, you may get a text indicating your room number so you can go directly there when you return. For us, its never been that seamless and we have always had to stop back at the front desk to get our room number and have them re-program our keys for our room. I will also add that its been rare when our room is ready much before official check-in time, so be prepared to be "homeless" until check-in time or slightly after, if you're arriving earlier than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter