First time off site -- Disney Springs or Bonnet Creek

Lalalyn

Mouseketeer
I have convinced DH to go in October. Because our usual Poly DVC points rental won't work (no availability), I think I want to try off site. Haven't told him yet.

We have three girls, 7, 4 and 4. On our last visit in January our typical touring strategy was to hit the parks at opening, stay til maybe 2 or 3 and then head back to hotel rest of day. I'd like to venture out to the parks one or two evenings this trip.

We aren't big pool people but the kids would love a visit or two. And we have never been to Disney Springs. But I'm wondering if they would like that.

And we would definitely rent a car. Have APs as well.

Would you go with Disney Springs (probably double tree) or Bonnet Creek? And how would you sell off site to DH?

Since you have a car, don't have to pay to park, and the pools aren't a big draw, then cheapest available accommodations is what I would use. I don't know much about any of the DS area hotels. WBC has more than just pools, although they are a big reason for the draw. They have activities all day long. They have a mini putt course, lazy rivers, karaoke, pool games. If you get back at 2-3PM, I think you will be near the pool areas more than you think. Maybe not for the pool specifically, but for the activities.

Just confirmed same price for Doubletree and two bedroom at Bonnet Creek. Was hoping there would be a big enough difference to make decision for me, but only $20 difference.

Is either one better location wise? Six nights and we plan two MK days, one HS, one Ak and one rest day (where we might hit a park if we are up for it).

October is still a long bit away for the best discounts at WBC. Need to be in the August time frame for best rates. What I would do if there is a free cancellation with Doubletree is to book it, then search for better deals.

If you know the dates, it is pretty easy to look up deals. An example is 09/30 - 10/07 for $729 for a 2BR Dlx at WBC.

Love Doubletree and Bonnet Creek. Both great locations and since you will have a car & APs, that won't factor.
Just confirmed same price for Doubletree and two bedroom at Bonnet Creek. Was hoping there would be a big enough difference to make decision for me, but only $20 difference.

Is either one better location wise? Six nights and we plan two MK days, one HS, one Ak and one rest day (where we might hit a park if we are up for it).

If comparable prices go with WBC for location and parks. If you do Doubletree you would have to drive the length of Hotel Plaza Blvd plus past Disney Springs and some of the construction intersections before you are even to WBC. WBC is so fast to any of the parks, we are always sure we're in bed before some are on a bus at closing.

And if comparable prices you can't beat the space and ability to toss in a load of laundry! We always pack less when we stay there.

Love Doubletree and Bonnet Creek. Both great locations and since you will have a car & APs, that won't factor.

If comparable prices go with WBC for location and parks. If you do Doubletree you would have to drive the length of Hotel Plaza Blvd plus past Disney Springs and some of the construction intersections before you are even to WBC. WBC is so fast to any of the parks, we are always sure we're in bed before some are on a bus at closing.

And if comparable prices you can't beat the space and ability to toss in a load of laundry! We always pack less when we stay there.

This is incredibly helpful! I'm running it by DH now. As our kids are getting older, I think we will value the extra space more and more. Plus, one of the three hates going to bed. When everyone is in one room, it makes things very difficult. A two bedroom suite would allow her sisters to go to bed in one room while she's in another.

And if we like it and would want to stay in the future, it would clear up a lot of money in the vacation budget. I worry a little about the chaos at the airport getting a rental car with three kids -- that Magical Express is a nice perk.

This is incredibly helpful! I'm running it by DH now. As our kids are getting older, I think we will value the extra space more and more. Plus, one of the three hates going to bed. When everyone is in one room, it makes things very difficult. A two bedroom suite would allow her sisters to go to bed in one room while she's in another.

And if we like it and would want to stay in the future, it would clear up a lot of money in the vacation budget. I worry a little about the chaos at the airport getting a rental car with three kids -- that Magical Express is a nice perk.

The first time to rent at any airport can be a pain but once it's done it's a breeze next time. Having a car is great especially for ADR at resorts. No Disney bus hopping transportation, we can drive to any hotel in 10 minutes. Sure beats 90 on 2 buses.

Really I would stay at WBC every trip if the price were right. Have had 1 and 2 bedroom depending on how many of us going. Living space is very large. The second bedroom is GREAT, spacious, big beds. Two kids took over that room and other DS slept on sofa bed, no one shared :) We have breakfast in since kitchen, maybe a dinner or two and big fridge is great for cold drinks and other foods. One trip we grilled steaks outside. The resort is beautiful with lots of activities and the porches are huge and the only balcony I have ever used at Disney other than AKL Savanna view. Last trip I could see lots of fireworks off to the side. One night we went to DS for dinner. Drive including parking and walk into DS a total of 8 minutes.

It's a great combination of the go-go-go of staying on property and then the total relax and chill we get from the offsite mentally removed lodging.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter