First time in Vegas, adults only!

dgbg100106

Missing the Tag Fiary
I went to Vegas when I was young... almost 24 years ago.

but my DH has never been.

I want to take him for his 50 birthday, but I have no idea where to start or what to do.

We do not really gamble, we can play some slots but not really into true gambling.

We love to eat... and I have heard so much about the food offerings in Vegas, I am hoping to have some wonderful food experiences also.

Does anyone have any suggestions or a place to read about others experiences?

TIA.

There is an "Unofficial Guide" for Vegas (published by the some people who do the Disney one's, Sehlinger is the name to search for I think).

Otherwise, I will see what information I can bring back from my trip next week.

There is an "Unofficial Guide" for Vegas (published by the some people who do the Disney one's, Sehlinger is the name to search for I think).

Otherwise, I will see what information I can bring back from my trip next week.

that would be great, enjoy your trip and have a great time...

have you been before? What do you do while you are there?

Sorry it has been so long for me to reply. This is our 3rd trip. We are foodies & people watchers, we do a little gambling each day but it is cheaper for me to buy my own drinks:lmao: Things we want to do this trip is Zipline on Fremont street, check out a few shows.things we will do are The show infront of Treasure Isand call ed Sirens very cheesey but you gotta see it, the Volcano in front the Mirage & of course the Fountains.
I would also like to do the Effial Tower at Paris & rollercoaster at NYNY. There is so much to do & eat & Drink.

When are you going?

Kae

Sorry it has been so long for me to reply. This is our 3rd trip. We are foodies & people watchers, we do a little gambling each day but it is cheaper for me to buy my own drinks:lmao: Things we want to do this trip is Zipline on Fremont street, check out a few shows.things we will do are The show infront of Treasure Isand call ed Sirens very cheesey but you gotta see it, the Volcano in front the Mirage & of course the Fountains.
I would also like to do the Effial Tower at Paris & rollercoaster at NYNY. There is so much to do & eat & Drink.

When are you going?

Kae

We are planning on going in May.... Not memorial day weekend but mid may.

We love to eat.... and would enjoy the shows. Thanks for the tips of things to do..

If you want really really good food and service, I love Picasso at the Bellagio and Roubichon at MGM. These are 5 diamond rated restaurants so you have to be prepared for the cost. I travel a lot and Picasso is my favorite restaurant anywhere.

A bit more casual but also high on my list is Mesa Grill at Caesars and B&B Ristorante at Venetian. If you are wine drinkers, Aeroles at Mandalay Bay has great food and it's fun to watch the Wine Angels retrieve the wine bottles from the tower.

For breakfast, I always have to go at least one day to Bouchon at Venetian.

For shows, I enjoy all of the Cirque shows. Love is my favorite, followed by Ka. For a little different Cirque type experience, I recommend the Champagne Circle seats at La Reve at the Wynn. There's always a lot of great entertainers there and I've enjoyed almost every show I've seen (except Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian--hated it).

I am not a gambler either. During the day, I enjoy just walking and watching the sights and the people. I love walking through the Grand Canal shops at the Venetian and the Forum shops at Caesars plus I usually spend a few hours at the Fashion Show mall. If the weather is nice, I usually rent a pool cabana for a nice relaxing day. There are some nice spas also, I like Canyon Ranch at Venetian.

I'm not a fan of Fremont Street but my husband thinks it a kick to go down there once in awhile.

I go to Las Vegas several times a year. It's a really nice place to visit even for us non-gamblers.

I've stayed at almost every Strip hotel. My favorites are the Venetian and Palazzo. Bellagio and Wynn and the hotel (at Mandalay but not Mandalay Bay resort) after that and probably Caesars Augustus Tower after that. Sign up for internet offers from the various resorts and you will usually get some nice offers for better rates.

May is a great month. I suprised DH with a trip for his 40th-we had a great group go along. It was very hot, one of the girls & I would go to bed around midnight most nights & hit the pool at 9 am when it open & and at the Flamingo there was a line to in.. Had the best drinks around the pool. that trip was a sunday to Friday.

Kae

If you want really really good food and service, I love Picasso at the Bellagio and Roubichon at MGM. These are 5 diamond rated restaurants so you have to be prepared for the cost. I travel a lot and Picasso is my favorite restaurant anywhere.

A bit more casual but also high on my list is Mesa Grill at Caesars and B&B Ristorante at Venetian. If you are wine drinkers, Aeroles at Mandalay Bay has great food and it's fun to watch the Wine Angels retrieve the wine bottles from the tower.

For breakfast, I always have to go at least one day to Bouchon at Venetian.

For shows, I enjoy all of the Cirque shows. Love is my favorite, followed by Ka. For a little different Cirque type experience, I recommend the Champagne Circle seats at La Reve at the Wynn. There's always a lot of great entertainers there and I've enjoyed almost every show I've seen (except Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian--hated it).

I am not a gambler either. During the day, I enjoy just walking and watching the sights and the people. I love walking through the Grand Canal shops at the Venetian and the Forum shops at Caesars plus I usually spend a few hours at the Fashion Show mall. If the weather is nice, I usually rent a pool cabana for a nice relaxing day. There are some nice spas also, I like Canyon Ranch at Venetian.

I'm not a fan of Fremont Street but my husband thinks it a kick to go down there once in awhile.

I go to Las Vegas several times a year. It's a really nice place to visit even for us non-gamblers.

I've stayed at almost every Strip hotel. My favorites are the Venetian and Palazzo. Bellagio and Wynn and the hotel (at Mandalay but not Mandalay Bay resort) after that and probably Caesars Augustus Tower after that. Sign up for internet offers from the various resorts and you will usually get some nice offers for better rates.

Thanks this is great! now I have search through here.... My DH has a ton of Hilton Honor points, has anyone stayed at Hilton there? I am not sure if I could keep it a secret if I used his points but it would save us on hotel costs...

May is a great month. I suprised DH with a trip for his 40th-we had a great group go along. It was very hot, one of the girls & I would go to bed around midnight most nights & hit the pool at 9 am when it open & and at the Flamingo there was a line to in.. Had the best drinks around the pool. that trip was a sunday to Friday.

Kae

I am thinking the flight prices would be better if we could go Wednesday to Tuesday...

Thanks this is great! now I have search through here.... My DH has a ton of Hilton Honor points, has anyone stayed at Hilton there? I am not sure if I could keep it a secret if I used his points but it would save us on hotel costs...

It is no longer a Hilton. try smartervegas.com

Ok, we are back now.

Some of the places I saw/found out about to eat -

Caesars Palace, as mentioned before, has several good places to eat including the Mesa Grill. Also, the MGM has some good restaurants including Emirals (spelled wrong) and SeaBlue. There is a nice restuarant in Paris in the Eiffel Tower that we didn't eat at, but the menu looked great.

If you eat at Caesars, you might want to go to a bar there named "Shadow", trust me your husband will like it (although the drinks are ridiculously expensive).

Ok, we are back now.

Some of the places I saw/found out about to eat -

Caesars Palace, as mentioned before, has several good places to eat including the Mesa Grill. Also, the MGM has some good restaurants including Emirals (spelled wrong) and SeaBlue. There is a nice restuarant in Paris in the Eiffel Tower that we didn't eat at, but the menu looked great.

If you eat at Caesars, you might want to go to a bar there named "Shadow", trust me your husband will like it (although the drinks are ridiculously expensive).

Cool, thanks for the heads up....

Another vote for Picasso...we went a few weeks ago and it was awesome. If you've been to Victoria & Alberts, it is a similar experience, except with Picasso paintings on the wall and an incredible view of the Bellagio fountains. We also did Mesa Grill for lunch one day..it was good but didn't blow me away. We hit the Wynn Buffet, which was pretty amazing, even for a guy that hates buffets like myself. Oh and be sure to hit Jean Phillipe for some sweets in the Bellagio.

I'm slowly working my way through reviews of everywhere we visited on my site. I'll be sure to share all of these when they're done:thumbsup2

We go on a "girls only" trip to Vegas yearly,and I have been with my DH many times we and have loved Mesa Grill, the SW steakhouse, Burger Bar (casual but really yummy), the buffet in Paris, and anything at the Wynn or Encore. Enjoy the Vegasness of Vegas. It is truly somewhere you can eat a good meal at any time of the day and enjoy so many things. There are TONS of good bars and night clubs, and places to take in a good view. Have a great time.

We loved Emerils at MGM. Another good restaurant is Mon Ami Gabi at Paris. If you get an outside table you can watch the Bellagio fountains.
We always eat at Spago at the Forum shops (the cafe portion) good food and people watching.
BLT Burger at Mirage was good.Next trip I want to try the Burger Bar at Mandalay Place.
We've stayed at NYNY and the Mirage. Since you are looking to go in May I'd voted for the Mirage as it had a really good pool area (or another hotel w/ a good pool ) Unless they have redone it in the last few years the pool area at NYNY is nothing special.In fact it was the main reason we didn't go back the last 2 times(we would gladly go back if it we go during non-pool season)

Another vote for Picasso...we went a few weeks ago and it was awesome. If you've been to Victoria & Alberts, it is a similar experience, except with Picasso paintings on the wall and an incredible view of the Bellagio fountains. We also did Mesa Grill for lunch one day..it was good but didn't blow me away. We hit the Wynn Buffet, which was pretty amazing, even for a guy that hates buffets like myself. Oh and be sure to hit Jean Phillipe for some sweets in the Bellagio.

I'm slowly working my way through reviews of everywhere we visited on my site. I'll be sure to share all of these when they're done:thumbsup2

Thanks... we have done V&A before and loved it, so thanks for the comparison.

My DH and I neither one really like buffets, but you are giving this one a thumbs up..hmmmm...

I would love to see your final reviews, if you want to leave the link here or PM me if you like...

Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter