First time going back to Disney after the passing of my dear husband earlier this year

stephen11

Mouseketeer
We visited Disney every year for over 25 years - first with our children and then with our grandchildren and many times just the two of us. I'm taking my grandchildren back in December and I'm dreading the sadness of visiting our favorite places, restaurants, etc. My heart is still breaking.

My thoughts are with you. It's been almost 20 years since the first time I went to DL with my father. We lost him in 2019, and I still think of him each trip we take now.

We visited Disney every year for over 25 years - first with our children and then with our grandchildren and many times just the two of us. I'm taking my grandchildren back in December and I'm dreading the sadness of visiting our favorite places, restaurants, etc. My heart is still breaking.
Those memories will comfort you, Stephen11. And often bring smiles, sometimes a tear. Both are good. When you visit the different places, share those memories with the grandkids. Good memories are meant to be shared. You'll see, Stephen11. Blessings for you. Enjoy your trip, relive those memories. Disney is a great place to do that.

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. I was blessed with my wonderful husband for fifty years and I do have a great family (truly blessed). I will try to enjoy this trip with my grandchildren (who are also missing him terribly) - we will try to remember all the good memories and make new ones too. Thanks again!

Sending Pixie Dust your way and Wishing you a Trip filled with Added New Memories …to Share with ur family. Blessings ur way.

I hope you have a nice trip with good memories to share and new memories with your kids and grandkids. Sending good thoughts to you.

I just went back for the first time without my husband who died a year ago last month.
We had gone 10 times and I had never been without him.
I went with 7 family members and the hardest part was visiting Japan in EPCOT because that was his happy place.
It helped having family.

I just went back for the first time without my husband who died a year ago last month.
I went with 7 family members and the hardest part was visiting Japan in EPCOT because that was his happy place.
It helped having family.
I’m so sorry for your loss and I’m so happy you had family with you. I hope it was a good trip!

It helped having family.
How nice that you had your family with you. Your post gives me hope for my family trip to WDW in Oct. I have never been to WDW without DH. The October trip will be my first trip without him. At that point it will be a little over a year since he passed. It will be nice to have family with me but I expect it to be hard sometimes too. Sending good thoughts to you.

Just got back from my trip. I lost my 48 year old husband in 2018. He was my partner in crime and the best dad to our sons. I had a good time but became very emotional during the nighttime show at Epcot. All the memories of being with him and our kids flooded my mind. Be prepared to become sad. My therapist told me to sit with my sadness when it comes. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Just got back from my trip. I lost my 48 year old husband in 2018. He was my partner in crime and the best dad to our sons. I had a good time but became very emotional during the nighttime show at Epcot. All the memories of being with him and our kids flooded my mind. Be prepared to become sad. My therapist told me to sit with my sadness when it comes. I hope you have a wonderful time.
:hug:'s maggy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter