First time flying in 3 years

Mom2Nick

DIS Veteran
And I cannot seem to find any information regarding the rules on what I can and cannot bring in my carry on luggage? Can anybody help? I am flying on Jet Blue. I checked their website but couldn't find what I was looking for.

And I cannot seem to find any information regarding the rules on what I can and cannot bring in my carry on luggage? Can anybody help? I am flying on Jet Blue. I checked their website but couldn't find what I was looking for.

The rules (other than size) are from the TSA so they are not airline specific (hence not being on AirTran's site).

Here's a good source for the info:

TSA Page for Travelers

The two main pages (linked from there) that you should check are:

Info about 3-1-1

Info about prohibited items

Check www.tsa.gov . To the right of the screen is a "know before you go" section. This will tell you what the TSA won't allow and how to pack your liquids/gels. In addition, check your individual airline's website for additional information on prohibited items and carryon guidelines. On JetBlue's website click "help" at the top right of the homepage. Scroll down until you find the baggage information you're looking for. If you haven't flown in a few years I would suggest reading both sites thoroughly, if possible. It could answer quite a few questions you may have or may come up. Not to mention making the situation less stressful.

Thanks for your help.

So in a nutshell other than the obvious no weapon stuff the only new thing is the liquie/gell one correct? I am seeing that any liquid or gels must be less than 3 ounces each and must fit in a zip type bag? I wasn't planning on bringing any liquids in my carryons except for snacks for my kids but I guess I can just eliminate the drinks and get ones on the plane. Have I translated this correctly?

I guess I can just eliminate the drinks and get ones on the plane.

You don't have to wait until you're on the plane. Anything you purchase after you've gone through airport security can be brought on board.

I didn't find it to be too big a change. The only thing I had to do differently was to get travel containers that had the amount marked on them. You can't just take them in a small, unmarked bottles. I get my 3oz. travel containers at WalMart for .50 each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter