First Time Flyers! Is this a good deal from DFW?

NvrBnToWDW

Mouseketeer
We're flying out of DFW and I've been checking prices constantly. We'll be at WDW (our first time) May 7-14, 2005. I keep getting airfare quotes at $963.00 rt for 4. But today on AA they had the 6:40 a.m. flight to MCO roundtrip for 4 at $843.60. 6:40 a.m.!! That means we'll have to be at the airport at 4:40 a.m., right? Should I book this flight or wait til it's closer to May? Please help!! :badpc:

I took that flight last year and am taking it this year. We got to the airport around 5:15 a.m. Could have waited until 5:45 or 6:00.

As for the price, take it. It is as good as you are going to get. I watched it for three months and it didn't move a bit. I finally bought it last week.

Are you going to change your user name when you get back?!? Last year was our first trip to. The excitement you are feeling now is nothing compared to how you will feel once you are there! Have a great trip!

It sounds like a great fare to me - roughly $210.00 per person. I do not live in your area, but when I fly to DFW (not recently, but I have on occasion), my fare from Philly is in the $350.00 range. That is an early flight.....can you stay at an airport hotel the night before or will that totally blow your budget? May is not that far away - we tend to book as soon as we see a good fare - so you may be taking a chance on finding a similar fare. USAirways is having another fare sale, but I think weekends are not included. Their sale is $158.00....so $210.00/person is not bad....good luck in your decision!

Grab it while it's still there. I watched airfare from dfw to mco for months and I finally purchase a couple of weeks ago and it's a good thing i did because the prices are more now. Our dates are 5/28/05-6-4-05. Grab it while it's hot 210.90 is the probably the best you're going to do from dfw. :wave:

FYI ... AirTran is offering the same fare for it's nonstop DFW-MCO flights and it has better flight times: 8:10am to MCO and 1:20pm back to DFW.

Take it. It will stay at that rate, or even go up. I love that flight. I have taken it the last 3 trips. This year, when i was ready to buy, the price for that flight had gone up to 290.ea. We decided to leave the night before, bought the tickets, then it went back down. I am sticking with the evening before. 5:30/5:45, but no later to get to the airport. You can be checked into your hotel and on your way by noon. Have a great trip!

shelleybell & scar11

Book the 6:40 flight on AA... We've taken that flight the past 2 trips and will again in March. You will have so much time to enjoy WDW once you get there that day! Also, from my experience, that is a great fare and I would snap it up. If anything, it will probably go higher as you get closer and closer to the date of your trip. You can keep watching the fares and IF, for some reason, the rate goes down... you can always contact AA and notify them. They won't refund your money, but they will issue vouchers for the difference that you can use on a future flight. (I think they give you a year to use them.) My DH will book flights for us and then watch them like a hawk... We've gotten $100 worth of vouchers just on the last 2 trips we've taken because the fares happened to go down one day. We're going in March and paid around $750 for the 3 of us (Spring Break week)... If we tried to book those exact same flights today, it would be $2300. I'm glad we bought them when we did!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!