First time dummy cruise questions

manqvu

Mouseketeer
We've only cruised DCL once and have our first dummy cruise booked currently for sept 2014. Our intention was always to schedule our next cruise in 2015. Now that 2015 dates are soon to be released, at least based on some rumors, I've come to the realization that I have now idea how to transfer the original booking to preserve the discount and obc. Do I book through DCL website? Do I call DCL? Do I go through a TA?

For our first cruise, we knew absolutely nothing about booking. I believe we booked though DCL website and then transferred the booking to a TA for some obc. If we book our second cruise through a TA, do you get the DCL discount, the DCL obc and whatever incentives the TA offers?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

We've only cruised DCL once and have our first dummy cruise booked currently for sept 2014. Our intention was always to schedule our next cruise in 2015. Now that 2015 dates are soon to be released, at least based on some rumors, I've come to the realization that I have now idea how to transfer the original booking to preserve the discount and obc. Do I book through DCL website? Do I call DCL? Do I go through a TA? For our first cruise, we knew absolutely nothing about booking. I believe we booked though DCL website and then transferred the booking to a TA for some obc. If we book our second cruise through a TA, do you get the DCL discount, the DCL obc and whatever incentives the TA offers? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
So did you have the current reservation with a TA if so you have to go through them. If not you can go through DCL website or call DCL.

I'm looking at our confirmation emails and no TA is identified. I assume that means we didn't specify a TA on our request card onboard and should rebook through DCL. Is it now impossible to transfer to a TA to double dip on obc? Thanks for the quick reply earlier!

We've only cruised DCL once and have our first dummy cruise booked currently for sept 2014. Our intention was always to schedule our next cruise in 2015. Now that 2015 dates are soon to be released, at least based on some rumors, I've come to the realization that I have now idea how to transfer the original booking to preserve the discount and obc. Do I book through DCL website? Do I call DCL? Do I go through a TA?

For our first cruise, we knew absolutely nothing about booking. I believe we booked though DCL website and then transferred the booking to a TA for some obc. If we book our second cruise through a TA, do you get the DCL discount, the DCL obc and whatever incentives the TA offers?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Little bit confused here, but to clarify, to get a DCL discount, 10% off and the Disney onboard credit, you must book your dummy cruise while on board the ship.

I'm looking at our confirmation emails and no TA is identified. I assume that means we didn't specify a TA on our request card onboard and should rebook through DCL. Is it now impossible to transfer to a TA to double dip on obc? Thanks for the quick reply earlier!
If it has been more than 30 days it is too late to transfer due to the new rule. When changing on the website you do not book the new cruise but simply modify the current reservation to the room and date you want. Hope that helps.

@JimGA, sorry that I didn't explicitly state that our dummy cruise was booked while on board our first cruise. I'm still new to all this.

@ feisty fairy, thanks for your input. Looks like we miss out on the double obc but at least I now know how to do this. Sounds like I log in to my DCL account and select current cruise bookings. I can then select to change dates/cruises as I wish and the perks transfer to the new booking. As the new booking will be a higher rate, I presume I pay the difference in deposit amount at the time the booking is changed?

@JimGA, sorry that I didn't explicitly state that our dummy cruise was booked while on board our first cruise. I'm still new to all this. @ feisty fairy, thanks for your input. Looks like we miss out on the double obc but at least I now know how to do this. Sounds like I log in to my DCL account and select current cruise bookings. I can then select to change dates/cruises as I wish and the perks transfer to the new booking. As the new booking will be a higher rate, I presume I pay the difference in deposit amount at the time the booking is changed?
Yes when you log into you current cruise there will be a modify button/ text and just click that and make changes. Yes you will pay a difference in deposit. We had to change our date due to circumstances I had to pay 14.40 difference. Both cruises happened to be similar in price.

Thanks feisty fairy. I feel more comfortable now. If only the 2015 dates would be released already!

Have a great next cruise! Thanks to you, we are one bit closer to our next.

Try to make the change online, but from past experience on opening days I always call DCL as well. Sometimes there are glitches from the high volume of activity and the website won't complete the transaction online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter