First time back in thirty years--one day commando

Doctor P

<font color=navy><font color=navy>Chocolate covere
Through fortuitous circumstances I found myself in LA for business the first week in May. Told DW and DSD that I would not be going to Disneyland because I really did not want to expend the money and effort to get there from my downtown hotel. BUT I REALLY WANTED TO GO!! I had not been since about 1968 and it was my last family trip with my late grandmother. I was 9 years old and had childhood memories of the Disney magic.

To make a long story short, I found out that one of the tour services ran tours to Disneyland from my hotel for only $77 including a day pass, transportation, and 12 hours on your own at Disney land. I could not pass it up. My family and I had spent 8 days at WDW last Christmas and I was still in the Disney mood!

Disneyland was nothing like I remembered it. The only things that really came back to me were the It's a Small World pavilion, the submarine lagoon, and Main Street. Through careful use of FASTPASS and planning of my movement through the park, I really had a great day and saw a lot despite the huge Saturday crowd. I was able to do Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, POC, Star Tours, Innoventions, and had a front row seats for Fantasmic and the 45th Anniversary parade, and saw the new fireworks show. I walked the entire park except the Mickey section.

I loved the lush vegetation and all the flowers and natural beauty. Hard to believe you are in the middle of an urban area!!

My favorites were Indiana Jones (one of the very best Disney rides I have ever been on), POC (absolutely awesome and much better than at the MK in Florida), and the fully integrated presentation of Fantasmic--absolutely natural and awesomely staged on Tom Sawyer's Island.

I had a great time and urge anyone who has the time to take a trip out to Disneyland when you are out that way.

I'm glad you were able to get away from business for a day at Disneyland. I was there as a kid in the 60's, too, and a lot HAS changed.

It was a pleasure to meet you at the Chicago DIS meet last weekend, Doctor P!

Thanks Nancy, it was really good to meet you to. I trust you and DD made it back home in one piece? Hope to see you at another DIS meet in the future.

One day commando is the only way I have ever done DL. Sounds like a great day. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts