First time at Ft. Wilderness

TheBigErn

DIS Veteran
We've stayed at most moderate and deluxe resorts over the years and our typical park day plan is to hit the quick serve food court early to get to rope drop. Seems PJ's is the best option for that type of breakfast. But what's the quickest way to get there? Intra-resort bus, walk, golf cart? We will have a golf cart but I'm uneasy leaving it parked there while we're at the park all day. Looking for help from some Fort veterans.

Easiest way to get there is a golf cart for sure. There's a golf cart parking lot area right nearby. Perfectly safe to leave your golf cart there all day long so long as you bring your key with you.

There is a whole separate section on Dis just for Ft. Wilderness. Just scroll down to 'camping at disney.' .You'll find the regulars posting there & not on the resorts board.

You may have lots more ?? before going, so you'll want to head there.

Happy planning.

We've stayed at most moderate and deluxe resorts over the years and our typical park day plan is to hit the quick serve food court early to get to rope drop. Seems PJ's is the best option for that type of breakfast. But what's the quickest way to get there? Intra-resort bus, walk, golf cart? We will have a golf cart but I'm uneasy leaving it parked there while we're at the park all day. Looking for help from some Fort veterans.

There is a whole separate section on Dis just for Ft. Wilderness. Just scroll down to 'camping at disney.' .You'll find the regulars posting there & not on the resorts board.

Happy planning.
Since Ft. Wilderness is a resort, seems logical to post on the resorts section.

Since Ft. Wilderness is a resort, seems logical to post on the resorts section.

Absolutely, but because this resort has its own section, you won't find much discussion of FW here. I've stayed at FW twice & may someday go back, the other threads will have much more info for you & I want to point you in the most helpful direction.

Quickest way is to take your golf cart and I’ll echo that it’s perfectly safe to leave your golf cart there all day so long as you have your key:)

I also second the Camping Board it’s lots of great info! Helped me out a ton our first trip to the Fort. Enjoy!

I stay at the Fort a couple times a year. Since you will have a golf cart that will be your easiest way of getting around. There is cart parking at P&J’s, the Settlement (boat to MK, Cont, and WL). There is also cart parking at both pools and the Outpost (busses to other parks). As mentioned, if you take your key you will be good. Only heard of one Disney cart getting taken, and that’s just because they all work with the same key, person just took the wrong one.

Happy planning.

This is also try, there are a lot of campers on the camping board just waiting for people to ask questions about the Fort. We are a friendly bunch, a little sarcastic at times but it’s all fun.

There are a few of use that wonder around the different forums to see if we can help people out that don’t no about the camping forum.

The camping forum is the best one on here, IMO. i don't go to the Fort as often as I used to, but I still check in on the forum. They have a ton of regulars that practically live there at different times of the year - so they have a lot of info to share.

Golf carts are a must for transport at FW, again my opinion. But I hate waiting for multiple buses. Never any issues with leaving the cart parked all day. They have areas near the boat dock and park bus area just for that purpose. We go at Christmas time and have parked our golf cart decked out in all sorts of decorations and everything has always been as we left if when we return hours later.

if 10 can stay at a campsite, most folks would have more than the one motorized vehicle allowed on a site to transport them. Where can the extra vehicle be parked?

if 10 can stay at a campsite, most folks would have more than the one motorized vehicle allowed on a site to transport them. Where can the extra vehicle be parked?

At the overflow up front at the Outpost, but all of use Fort campers have seen 2 or more cars at a site. The Fort rules are all wheels on the pavement on your site.

We have seen people park there vehicles at the very end of there site making it very difficult for a 40 + foot camping rig to get around or to back in directly across from those sites.

The loop roads are one way, and not very wide to move a long camper around.

At the overflow up front at the Outpost, but all of use Fort campers have seen 2 or more cars at a site. The Fort rules are all wheels on the pavement on your site.

We have seen people park there vehicles at the very end of there site making it very difficult for a 40 + foot camping rig to get around or to back in directly across from those sites.

The loop roads are one way, and not very wide to move a long camper around.
Thank you - this is very helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter