First stay at Hard Rock, some questions

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
Going to stay 1 night at Hard Rock Hotel(I'm so excited:cloud9:), we've never been at this hotel.
We have a poolview room and request high floor.
What should we know about this hotel(dining, bars/lounges, path to park):drinking1
Can we go over to Portofino??? and look around??.

Going to stay 1 night at Hard Rock Hotel(I'm so excited:cloud9:), we've never been at this hotel.
What should we know about this hotel(dining, bars/lounges, path to park):drinking1

Excellent choice :thumbsup2

I’m not going to comment on bars and dining as I don't know the current Covid operations fully.

The path to the parks however is short and leisurely!!!

You can definitely wander over to Portofino as well......

Do have a wonderful time!!!

Take a look at the hotel sticky section.
Each hotel has a dedicated section.

There is a review of the HR and basic info is included in the first post.
Photos of the hotel are also included in that sticky.

Depends on when you are going to HRH. Right now Portofino is closed and not scheduled to open till Aug 1. When we were at HRH end of June you could not get to Portofino as it was closed. If Portofino is open there is no problem with walking there and enjoying pool, restaurants, shopping or just sightseeing.

We love HRH! It's our must stay hotel.

We take the path from the pool to the parks and never take the boat. It's such a quick walk. One time I had a huge blister and took a rickshaw (you pay them what you want) to HRH. It took no time at all to get there and my foot was very happy.

As previous posters stated if Portofino is open, it's really easy to walk there.

We like to get a drink at the pool bar. The have good food options and good servers. They do add an automatic gratuity, so be aware.

We just returned from our first stay at HRH. It’s our new favorite! We ate at both the Beach Club (poolside) & the Kitchen. The Mac and cheese at the Kitchen was delicious. The Mediterranean salad was also excellent quality at both the Kitchen & Beach Club.

Our family loves spending time at the pool. While the hot tubs were closed, the pool has jetted areas along the edges that were open. The water slide was very fun. Food & drink service by the pool were excellent.

Overall, the resort was spotless. The staff bend over backwards to ensure that you are enjoying yourselves. Everyone seemed so happy to be working at the Hard Rock!

What should we know about this hotel(dining, bars/lounges, path to park)
The Kitchen at HRH is one of my favorite restaurants on property. LOVE the breakfast buffet there, though I'm sure that has been changed given the current environment. Not quite sure what they are doing with it now.

I believe the lounge off the lobby is currently closed, but may be open depending on when you're going. The bar area by the pool is a nice stop too, we've had an enjoyable lunch there before.

As PPs mention, Portofino is currently closed and I think I saw rumors of it being closed possibly longer than 8/1. But if its open when you go, its definitely an easy walk. HRH is also a very quick walk to City Walk which makes for more dining/bar options.

The Velvet Bar was closed when we were there.

Story time- It started to downpour while we were at the pool & were eating lunch. The pool closed but the Beach Club remained open. It was a fun experience to watch the storm under the shelter of the Beach Club bar. We could sip drinks, eat lunch, and appreciate the storm.

We just got back last night from our first stay there and it won't be our last! We loved it. The Kitchen, Beachclub and Emack's were all open. I'm not sure about the Palm but I think it was because when we checked in I was told I couldn't use my $50 dining credit there. The Velvet lounge was open but not until 5 pm. The path to the parks is beautiful and relaxing. If you have to wait for a boat to arrive it's actually faster to walk to the parks. The service was fantastic - we never had much of a wait for fresh towels or toilet paper for the room and yesterday when it rained almost all morning they had placed towels by the security desk at the back entrance so you could dry off.

Our first stay at HRH will be in a few weeks since our favorite Portofino is closed. Are there refrigerators in the rooms? (We have a garden view pet friendly room). Thank you in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!