First Solo Trip Turning 50 with the Mouse, or am I crazy

VickynMicMouse

Disney World or Bust !!!
My family will be gone for my 50th bday weekend and I have always wanted to try a solo trip. I would be there Thurs thru Sun Oct 10- 13th so a short trip. Would I be crazy to try my first Solo trip with the mouse for my birthday. I have always gone with my mom, my kids and grand kids. Please share your experiences etc.

Last edited:

theluckyrabbit

Happy Birthday to you! Why would you be crazy to want to celebrate your special day in such a special place? Wear your Happy Birthday button proudly and soak up all those magic vibes! :)

Disney Frenhines

DIS Veteran
Sounds like a great way to spend your special day. I did a belated 50th birthday trip at Disneyland and loved it. Make sure you get your birthday button:-)

• VickynMicMouse

Disney World or Bust !!!
    Would you do park hopper passes if it where you?? I will be in the parks 2 days I am going to stay away from Hollywood Studios due to the opening of Star Wars. I will save that for our trip in May with the grand babies. I will book a hotel Non Disney due to last minute that allows emh and fast passes 60 days out

dvcterry

DIS Veteran
    DVC Gold
    My family will be gone for my 50th bday weekend and I have always wanted to try a solo trip. I would be there Thurs thru Sun Oct 10- 13th so a short trip. Would I be crazy to try my first Solo trip with the mouse for my birthday. I have always gone with my mom, my kids and grand kids. Please share your experiences etc.
    Nothing crazy about it! Happy birthday to you and what a more magical way to celebrate.

georgina

DIS Veteran
    My first solo trip was 5 years ago when my DH and two daughters were leaving for a scuba trip on my birthday. I will be back next year for my 58th bday. Treating myself with a nicer resort than usual. Highly recommended!

• georgina

DIS Veteran
    Would you do park hopper passes if it where you?? I will be in the parks 2 days I am going to stay away from Hollywood Studios due to the opening of Star Wars. I will save that for our trip in May with the grand babies. I will book a hotel Non Disney due to last minute that allows emh and fast passes 60 days out
    I always do park hoppers especially when solo because it is easy to get around. My October trip I am upgrading to an AP, you may want to do the math on it if you are going back in May.

RedK

Mouseketeer
    Happy birthday! I've gone for my birthday solo the past 3 years and it's been wonderful. As a single adult, it was really nice to be somewhere where people made a fuss over my birthday. And to be someplace where I was spoiling myself, doing something I enjoy - it was a wonderful gift to myself. I highly recommend it!!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News