First Solo Trip- Pending Sept 2021 or 2022!

🐿 Table of Contents🐿
  • Snacks​
  • Souvenirs Must Buy's​
  • Day 1​
  • Day 2​
  • Day 3​
  • Day 4​
  • Day 5​
  • Day 6​
  • Day 7​
  • Day 8​
  • Day 9​
  • Day 10​
  • Day 11​

Last edited:
Dining

So, usually we always do the quick service dining plan. But this solo trip I am kind of splurging on myself with some table service meals. The quick service and the table service would leave me with extra meals that I don't want, and I snack like crazy, so 2 per day isn't enough. Plus, after calculating the cost, it would be cheaper for me to just pay out of pocket for all of my dining.

The only way this would change is if the quick service dp is free when I go, then I'll snatch it up, and use my extra qs credits for snacks probably.

So onward to the meals I plan on having!

ADR's- Table Service
  • Chef Art's Homecomin': I'm psyched to eat here. I love southern food and I love fried chicken. This will be dinner on my first day.
  • 50's Prime Time Diner: I love 50's prime time. I know a lot of people don't but I love their meatloaf. I'll probably eat at the bar or lounge for lunch simply because I don't want to take up table space here on my own and I don't really care for the playful service. I get embarassed pretty easily lol. So I'll probably just grab a seat at the bar and grab a meal.
  • Sanaa Lounge: This one I'm still not entirely sure about. I really want to try the bread service that everyone raves about, but I'm afraid I won't like it. I think I'll just sit at the bar for this one as well. I've also never been to AKL so this could be a good chance to see it at dinner time.
  • Oga's Cantina: Mainly want to do this for the experience. After dinner drinks sounds nice to me immersed in Star Wars.
  • Raglan Road: Irish food... so good. On my rest day on Friday, I plan on going to Disney Springs for the evening and having a meal at Raglan Road. I want to try that bread pudding so bad.
  • BOMA breakfast: I wanted to do a buffet for breakfast and was thinking about Crystal Palace, but didn't really want the character interactions (I'm really awkward with characters lol) and wanted something other than typical buffet fare. I've watched videos of BOMA breakfast and it seems like it has a fair amount of typical breakfast food plus some more exoctic faire. So I'll be doing this on the morning of my Animal Kingdom day!
  • Afternoon Tea @ the Grand Floridian: I just love this. It's kind of a tradition for me. It might be a little sad doing it on my own, but I have to go back. I'm doing this the morning before my last MK day.
Quick Service
I don't really want to tie myself down to specific quick services every single day, because I like to just eat whatever I feel like eating. But there are a few I really want to try.
  • Docking Bay 7: I really want to try the breakfast platter from here and the moof juice. I also want to try the yip tip for lunch.
  • Casey's Corner: Can you believe I've never had Casey's corndog nuggets? Blasephemy. Must do this trip.
  • Ronto Roasters: Gotta try a Ronto Roaster. They look delicious.
  • Yorkshire County Fish Shop: I've had bites off my parent's plates when they've eaten here, but I want to get my own fish and chips!
  • Captain Cook's and Pineapple Linai: On my resort hopping day, I want to stop by the Polynesian for lunch and to get a dole whip with rum. Mmm.
  • Satuli Canteen: I've had a bowl from Satuli, and while delicious, I reallllly want to try the cheeseburger pods.
  • Pecos Bill's: Never actually eaten here. Want to give it a try.
  • Les Halles Patisserie: I want to eat here as much as possible. I had that macaron last trip and I just want to eat all the french treats.
  • Blaze Pizza: This might change but I'm thinking Blaze for lunch before I fly back home would make a nice last meal.

I think that's it for dining! I'm a huge foodie so food will be a HUGE part of this trip. I wanted to treat myself with more table services than we usually do just to try things I've never had before!

Last edited:

First off, I love your tattoo of Chip and Dale! They are my favs too, as you might guess from my avatar. I've done 3 solo trips to WDW and had a great time. I'm a huge foodie as well and I can vouch for a few of your choices.

Chef Art's Homecomin': I'm psyched to eat here. I love southern food and I love fried chicken. This will be dinner on my first day.

I cannot wait to go back. I loved it although I can't remember what I ate even after looking at the menu. But this was over 3 years ago, so... I do remember being too full for dessert which was disappointing since I wanted to try that famous hummingbird cake!

Raglan Road: Irish food... so good. On my rest day on Friday, I plan on going to Disney Springs for the evening and having a meal at Raglan Road. I want to try that bread pudding so bad.

This might be my favorite restaurant at WDW, period. The food, atmosphere and entertainment blow me away every time I go and now it's on my honeymoon itinerary. You will love the bread pudding!

BOMA breakfast: I wanted to do a buffet for breakfast and was thinking about Crystal Palace, but didn't really want the character interactions (I'm really awkward with characters lol) and wanted something other than typical buffet fare. I've watched videos of BOMA breakfast and it seems like it has a fair amount of typical breakfast food plus some more exoctic faire. So I'll be doing this on the morning of my Animal Kingdom day!

This is a great buffet option and the food is better than at Crystal Palace. Although I do enjoy CP to start off the day at MK. I love the Pooh characters, what can I say. It's pretty dark inside the Boma area which doesn't feel very breakfasty but that's the only thing I can think of as a negative and it didn't bother me at all.

Blaze Pizza: This might change but I'm thinking Blaze for lunch before I fly back home would make a nice last meal.

The pizza is quite good but the thing about Blaze is that it's a chain that is found outside of WDW and unless you don't have access to it in your everyday life, I would choose something else. We have one basically down the street so I wouldn't waste a WDW meal going there. But if you don't have one near you and it really sounds good, then go for it.

The pizza is quite good but the thing about Blaze is that it's a chain that is found outside of WDW and unless you don't have access to it in your everyday life, I would choose something else. We have one basically down the street so I wouldn't waste a WDW meal going there. But if you don't have one near you and it really sounds good, then go for it.

First off, hello fellow chip and dale lover! I feel like I don't meet enough Chip & Dale fans lol.

As far as Blaze goes, I'm thinking about switching it to something else, because I am pretty sure I have a Blaze in my area. I think it may be like a 40 min drive from where I live but it's more than accessible. So I might choose a different QS meal for that last day.

First off, hello fellow chip and dale lover! I feel like I don't meet enough Chip & Dale fans lol.

I was super excited to do the character breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe at the Grand Californian when my avatar pic was taken. I just looked it up and it seems like the theme for the breakfast has changed although Chip and Dale are still featured. Looks like they added Mickey, Minnie and Pluto and did away with the other wildlife characters. They were kind of a mish mash before. Brother Bear and Pocahontas characters wandering around and I couldn't name them if I tried, to be honest. I think people complained about not getting any of the big 5 characters at that breakfast so they changed it. I can't wait to go back again whenever DLand reopens. The food was a bit different because you could order off of the menu or choose to do the buffet. Now it looks like it's buffet only. Oh well, I still want to get my Chip and Dale fix!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!