First Park Day Choices

dosekies

DIS Veteran
We arrive on Thanksgiving Day, but will not be heading to our first park until Friday late afternoon. Currently I have AK chosen for that day and we also have another full day there later that week. However, I am now considering changing that day to be MK and booking a dessert party as we have never done one before.

What do you think would be best for Black Friday? Just 2 adults.

I don't think there's a right answer except to pick the park you want to start in.

We start each and every trip in MK...because...well...it's MK... pixiedust:

Anywhere at any time is the right answer. :)

For us, our trip doesn't really begin until we go to MK. We've done that every trip, except for one. That one trip (started at Epcot due to staying at BWV), while still awesome, was missing that "something".

MK has morning EMH which will add to the crowd level early on. It's going to be busy that week anyway, but I'd probably steer clear OR hit up the 7:00 EMH and then hightail it out of there by 9 and go somewhere else.

I think if you recognize there will be high crowds and you are smart about your FP selection, MK isn't a bad choice. I highly recommend the dessert party and view for fireworks, so that will also take up some of your time. So maybe plan on rides for your FPs, and do some shows (Carousel of Progress, Monsters Laugh Floor, Philharmagic, Tiki Room, Country Bears, etc).

Yeah if we go to MK that day it wont be until late afternoon so I won't really have high expectations, especially since we have more days there later on. It would probably just be for the dessert party and then walk around/do whatever we can get FP for. Are the dessert parties worth it? Never done one before so wasn't sure if worth the cost

Are the dessert parties worth it? Never done one before so wasn't sure if worth the cost

That depends on your definition of "worth it." Does the food justify the cost? Heck no. Is the semi-solitude for the fireworks worth the cost? I'd say heck yah!

I like starting at Animal Kingdom, especially for a late start. We just did this for our first day. And we have a time difference. If its crowded there a little more just to walk around and see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter