First Night Dinner on our First Trip to WDW

5mouseketeersforus

Mouseketeer
We will be at WDW for our 1st family trip next week!! So excited & I really want it to be as magical as everyone here says!

I have our ADRs made and Chef Mickey's is our first dinner.

Our kids are 11, 9, 6, 2 and a newborn.

Is CM the best one to kick off our vacation or would you suggest another?

CM is a great way to kick off your WDW vacation! Many folks do just that to get in the Disney spirit. The food is not top-notch IMHO, but the atmosphere (with the monorails gliding overhead) and character interaction is what CM is all about.

We will be at WDW for our 1st family trip next week!!...Is CM the best one to kick off our vacation or would you suggest another?

From a purely practical standpoint, keep what you have and don't sweat it. Even if someone here gave you strong advice to scrap this ADR and choose another one, your odds of finding anything truly desireable for 7 people with less than a week's lead time is pretty slim. Certainly not worth the stress of trying. You are fine where you are.

I would stick with CM! As pp mentioned, you will have a hard time finding another ADR for 7 one week out. My kids (16, 9, 6 and 4) love CM. We always have a great time there! :cool1:

This is always our first night dinner! We go at least annually and I asked my family if they wanted to try something else next time and I got a resounding "No!" from everyone including DH. We hit Chef Mickey's, browse the stores outside the restaurant and then take a monorail ride to get in the spirit. It is a fun first night and has become our family tradition!

Have fun!

This has been our first night's arrival dinner at WDW for the past few years for our family vacations. It's a nice way to see the Fab 5 without standing in a line. It's also a decent buffet, I've found, for everyone in the family to get some good food. Plus, it puts you in a good spot for evening fireworks, wherever it is you choose to see them (MK, bridge out to BLT, Poly Beach, etc.).

I would keep what you have. The food IMHO is like typical buffet food, very average at best. But with kids your age they will love the character dining and helps to set that "magical" mood to start things off. :thumbsup2

Thank you everyone.

We will stick with CM. Food for us is secondary @ Disney. We just want to bask in the magic of Disney and enjoy watching the kids take it all in. Having said that - i am really looking forward to a Dole Whip (or 5!!)

CM is a great choice for the first night on a first trip. The food isn't the greatest, but the atmosphere is quintessential Disney. Your kids will love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter