First meal when you board

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
When you board I know you have your first meal, there are two choices, one I believe is Topsider (magic), where is the other place please - I know alot of people say disney try to direct them to topsider but alot of people like their first meal in ??????

Also would the meals be the same or different in these two restaurants?

When you board I know you have your first meal, there are two choices, one I believe is Topsider (magic), where is the other place please - I know alot of people say disney try to direct them to topsider but alot of people like their first meal in ??????

Also would the meals be the same or different in these two restaurants?

Parrot Cay....our preference on the Magic/Wonder!

Food on the buffet is basically the same...they may have some variation but our main thing is that you are seated (don't have to look for a table), your drinks are brought to you and to us, at least, a much more relaxed dining experience....especially on a hot humid day!

MJ

Thank you for that ........... so is it just the choice of Parrot Cay or Topsiders? Also are they the same menu or different. Thank you.

For the buffet luncheons, yes. And the food is basically the same, there might be one or two small variations.

There is also availability at the quick serves on Deck 9 (Magic/Wonder) that serve the standard pizza, burgers, fries, chicken strips, etc. You could eat at the pool and get your drinks from the drink station.

We always eat at Parrot Cay, so I'm not exactly sure what time the quick serves are open, but I believe they are open right away. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

We prefer Parrot Cay just for the ease of finding a place to sit. Also, its climate controlled so it won't be too cold/hot or damp.

We have been on seven cruises and always had our first meal at Topsider's. It is sort of a tradition. The other location is Parrot Cay. Both of these are on the Magic.

Both buffets have the same food.

If you want to dine outdoors, dine at Topsiders/Beach Blanket/The Other Place*dern oldtimers* If you don't want to dine outdoors eat inside. If you don't like crowds, order room service and eat it on your verandah.

For the first meal, is Parrot Cay a buffet or sit down dinner?! :confused3

For lunch it's a buffet, but for the first dinner it's always sit-down with a tropical menu.

For the first meal, is Parrot Cay a buffet or sit down dinner?! :confused3

At lunch on the first day, Parrot Cay is a buffet. Topsiders/Beach Blanket/Cabanas will have virtually the same buffet. If you have dinner at Parrot Cay the first night, it is sit down.

The difference between the venues at lunch upon boarding is that you will be seated by staff at Parrot Cay and they will take your drink orders, provide refills, etc. You still go to the buffet on your own. At Topsiders/Beach Blanket/Cabanas, you find your own table, get your own drinks, etc.

I don't believe they always direct people to Topsiders/BBB. On our first cruise, they directed us to Parrot Cay. On our last, they directed us to Topsiders. But we chose to go to Parrot Cay.

I think once Parrot Cay starts filling up, they start directing people upstairs - to help keep the line for seating from getting too long. But, you can always choose to wait for a seat in Parrot Cay if you choose.

On the Dream is there a Parrot Cay?

Or what is its equivilent????

thanx

We like Topsiders/BBB because we like eating and looking out around the port. We've been both outside and inside and enjoyed both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter