First flight for group of 7 questions!

coolbeans

<font color=blue>What was that yellow bar?<br><fon
We are planning on flying to Disney for our December trip and have a few questions and welcome any tips or tricks.
1. We want to use carry on luggage with a personal bag like a backpack or diaper bag I've seen lots of great hard side cases, is there a benefit to either a soft or hard case carry on?
2. Best way to book flights? Coming from Raleigh, NC area.
Thank you in advance!!!

1. For carry on I wouldn't got hard sided as they can't be jam packed and they do tend to take up a bit more overhead space.
I'd go with duffel bags if you can manage carrying them or a soft sided spinner.
2. Not sure what you mean? I'd go to the website of the airlines you'd like to fly with and compare prices.
I'm in Buffalo NY but my carrier of choice is Southwest airlines.

Just an FYI if you're only taking carry ons/personal items you'll have to keep the 3-1-1 liquids rule in mind.

We are planning on flying to Disney for our December trip and have a few questions and welcome any tips or tricks.
1. We want to use carry on luggage with a personal bag like a backpack or diaper bag I've seen lots of great hard side cases, is there a benefit to either a soft or hard case carry on?
2. Best way to book flights? Coming from Raleigh, NC area.
Thank you in advance!!!

We only have hard sided luggage, so that's all we use. We never have issues getting it in the overhead.

Check Google flights to compare if you aren't sure which airline to use.

1) is really a personal preference. We have a couple of each and there is t much difference
2) I would use Expedia or other travel site to see what’s available but book direct with the airline. You will get the same fares but if there is a cancellation or delay etc you “own” the reservation and can make changes direct
Be aware that some lower cost airlines - southwest frontier don’t always appear on the travel sites. If you know one flies out of your airport (google the airport and there should be a links to the airlines) check with them before booking. Make sure you read all the restrictions or terms before you book so you understand what you are booking.

2) I would use Expedia or other travel site to see what’s available but book direct with the airline. You will get the same fares but if there is a cancellation or delay etc you “own” the reservation and can make changes direct
^^^^This. Expedia or other travel sites will give you a good idea of what the fares will be. However, in addition to getting the same fare prices, you will often find MUCH better flight selection on the individual airline sites.

Don't EVER book airfare with a third party online agent. Always book directly with an airline. Book it when you are comfortable with the price. There is no "best" time as the prices change on a continuous basis based on demand. Go to the web site of your local airport to see what airlines fly there.

Can I add an additional question?? My husband's been playing with the option of renting a van and driving down, if we rent one way and drop at the airport can we use the Disney bus from the airport to our resort? We are staying on property.

Can I add an additional question?? My husband's been playing with the option of renting a van and driving down, if we rent one way and drop at the airport can we use the Disney bus from the airport to our resort? We are staying on property.
Yes but you have to take your luggage on the bus with you (under the bus). You can also look at the cost of dropping the car at the car care center. He can drop you at the hotel and return the car and take the shuttle back to the hotel.

100%. Disney does not care HOW you get to the airport. As a resort guest, you are entitled to one round-trip ride on DME.

We are going in 2 weeks, we are flying southwest and renting a car at mco, checkout autoslash.com for a great rental car price. I got a intermediate suv for $217 with enterprise - fyi some rental agencies charge extra for 2nd driver. Enterprise doesnt charge if the second driver is a spouse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter