First family at rope drop this morning -- castle pic + report & pics

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
The first family at the rope this morning was allowed to go to the front of the castle for several pics. This was before the park was open, officially, and everyone else was still at the rope. That was a really nice thing for them. The drawback for the rest of us was that once that park opened, they had a 100-foot lead on everyone else. They were easily first on PP. I would have been, otherwise.

Scoring is still broken on Buzz. In eight games, my score only flowed through to the pic kiosk twice. I would have had several scores in the high 1M but there's some problem so none of these ever came through. The top score when I left was 1.6M. I'd beaten that handily several times this morning but was never allowed to claim credit for it >:-(. I've notified Guest Services, since this has been growing steadily worse over the past few weeks. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

I rode Pirates around 9:15 this morning (the park opened at 8:00). The wait was only about four minutes :-). By the time I was ready to leave (12:30), the line had grown to 45 minutes :-(.

Pics from the park today:

IMG_5876.JPG

IMG_5878.JPG

IMG_5879.JPG

View attachment 329915

Matterhorn.JPG

POTC at around 8:45.
IMG_5888.JPG

IMG_5889.JPG

IMG_5891.JPG

IMG_5895.JPG

IMG_5903.JPG

IMG_5904.JPG

Last edited:
^^^^^^
Not sure why pics won't post. I've tried several times but only the file names appear. Does anyone know what's going on?

^^^^^^
Not sure why pics won't post. I've tried several times but only the file names appear. Does anyone know what's going on?

I tried about 10x's to post a picture earlier and they did the same thing. Thought it was just me.

The first family at the rope this morning was allowed to go to the front of the castle for several pics. This was before the park was open, officially, and everyone else was still at the rope. That was a really nice thing for them. The drawback for the rest of us was that once that park opened, they had a 100-foot lead on everyone else. They were easily first on PP. I would have been, otherwise.

Scoring is still broken on Buzz. In eight games, my score only flowed through to the pic kiosk twice. I would have had several scores in the high 1M but there's some problem so none of these ever came through. The top score when I left was 1.6M. I'd beaten that handily several times this morning but was never allowed to claim credit for it >:-(. I've notified Guest Services, since this has been growing steadily worse over the past few weeks. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

I rode Pirates around 9:15 this morning (the park opened at 8:00). The wait was only about four minutes :-). By the time I was ready to leave (12:30), the line had grown to 45 minutes :-(.

Pics from the park today:

View attachment 329433 View attachment 329434 View attachment 329435 View attachment 329436 View attachment 329437 View attachment 329438 View attachment 329439 View attachment 329440 View attachment 329441 View attachment 329442
The crowds this morning were much nicer than the last 2 mornings. We got on pirates within 20 mins a little after 9; they were only lining people up on one side. When we got off the line was routed to both sides.

Awesome photos! I dream of getting one of those shots of an empty Main Street but my family is never up and ready to go early enough to get us in the front of the line for rope drop. Maybe I’ll need to go by myself and have them meet me there!

Your pics always make me smile and remember my last trip to the parks! I hope they get the scoring fixed on Buzz too. Such a shame they aren't fixing it.

Your pics always make me smile and remember my last trip to the parks! I hope they get the scoring fixed on Buzz too. Such a shame they aren't fixing it.

Thanks! I just spoke with Disney about an hour ago and they assured me it would be passed along to the Buzz engineers/crew. I’ll be there on Sunday and will report back (of course).

The amount of Disney magic that family must have felt is priceless. Worth way more than any level of fairness in regards to being first in line for Peter Pan. They will remember that morning forever. We should be happy for them.

nothin to do, so catching up....thank you for the cabin photos, reminds me my favorite place atop Chickapin....here on the west coast we call them cabins, though it was probably a cottage...too much watching Capt Kangaroo I guess...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter