First Ever Reservation

momof2blondes

Mouseketeer
So I just made my first reservation for my first Character meal at Crystal Palace. The reservation is for 8:15am, we are staying offsite, what time does the parking lot open for MK (and the trams and monorail start), and how long does a breakfast here normally take? I am using Ridemax, so I'd like a pretty accurate start time for the park. Getting excited!:woohoo:

Everything I've seen online says that the monorails typically start running 1-2 hours before the park opening. Doesn't look like any of them say an EXACT time. I've found that they seem to start by at least 7 AM (might be earlier, but that's the earliest I've gotten on one;)), so the parking lot would definitely be open by then as well.

You are going to LOVE the early AM reservation at the Crystal Palace; that is my favorite place for breakfast in any of the parks/resorts. Have a great time!

Forgot to answer how long the breakfast takes - sorry! As long as characters are moving through quickly (and since you're reservation is early, I assume they would), I'd say you can get out of there in an hour or less if you get right down to the business of eating :)

Thanks muchly. So glad to hear that you love this place as it is hard to pick from so many places. I have two boys so CRT was out of the question and I was going to do Chef Mickeys, but I'd rather be in the park. We also tried Donalds breakfast over at Tusker house for AK day, but there wasn't any available spots. My husband loves Tigger and the boys will too I think, I love them all, so it doesn't matter to me.
I am hoping that we will enjoy the walk to CP as well since this is our first visit. I am dying to have that AHHHH moment when we walk up main street towards the Castle.

I think you'll really enjoy it . . .it's nice to get in early to the MK, and you'll definitely have that "wow" moment. We've done Chef Mickey's too, and though I'm sure others would disagree with me, we found CP to be a much better experience. Probably because you're already in the MK!!

Be sure to try the Pooh's French Toast . . .sinfully delicious;)

To get out of a character meal in less than an hour, make sure you take care of the bill early on during your meal. That way you are not waiting at the end to take care of it (which is why we didn't beat rope drop at CP on our first time at an early ADR.)

FYI - our ADR for CP was 815am. Check in early when you get there. We were seated at 805 and had no wait in line at the buffet!!

Another bit of info, you cannot get into the park until they open the gates at 745am. You can get through security and wait in line at the "character breakfast lines" all the way to the far right gates. But you won't get into the park before 745am. If you are there for that, check in at the CP right away and you might get in early like we did. I don't think many people who didn't have 805 ressies checked in right away.

Also, get some great pics in front of the castle after (or before) you check in. It's great having photos without a whole bunch of people standing around in your pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!