First Disney trip with the family- do I need to bring proof of age?

Tarikanova

Earning My Ears
The last time I was at WDW, it was just me and my husband. We’re visiting in February and just dawned on me that the only proof of age I have for my daughters is their birth certificate- will I need to bring them with me upon entrance to the parks or for dining? How do others do this? Seems a bit silly to get them passports for this purpose and am nervous about traveling with original copies of their birth certificates. Thanks in advance for any advice/ experience !!

When we took our son last time when he was 18 months old, we were never questioned on his age. At dining, I just told the wait staff that he was 18 months old if it was a buffet/all you can eat type of meal.

I guess it depends on if they look "old". I would think a picture of their birth certificate on your phone would work, just in case. Can't hurt. Then when you leave you can delete off your phone!

We never were required to show proof of age of either of our sons. Also was in line once with a child that was clearly 5 or older the parents were trying to pass off for under 2 to get on Big Thunder without a Fast Pass (back when that was a thing). The CM called a manger over when the parents started arguing the kids proclaims I am not 2 I’m 4! The manager instructed them to buy a ticket next time and let them all ride.

We went many many years ago with our daughter a week before her 3rd birthday. We were asked at turnstiles sometimes how old she was…but a quick “2” and they let us right through. No proof required. It did help that she would hold up her fingers and excitedly tell everyone how she was turning 3 soon. But no one gave us any issues.

Ok this is helpful! My girls look their age but love the suggestion of a screen grab of their birth certificates

Ok this is helpful! My girls look their age but love the suggestion of a screen grab of their birth certificates
how would looking at a copy of birth certificate or real one prove your child's age or that it is even your child's certificate to someone looking at it? just asking as I know small park I work at will not even look at one

how would looking at a copy of birth certificate or real one prove your child's age or that it is even your child's certificate to someone looking at it? just asking as I know small park I
hmm, I’m a little confused - are you suggesting a passport or photo ID for my kids would be better? Seems like others are saying it’s not really a big deal if I have proof of age or not

hmm, I’m a little confused - are you suggesting a passport or photo ID for my kids would be better? Seems like others are saying it’s not really a big deal if I have proof of age or not
you do not need. I am just saying what on birth certificate shows someone else that it belongs to your child. there is no picture of child. just asking how it proves anything

How old are your kids? If under 3 nothing is necessary, the CM will take your word and or your child's word. Over 3 no need at all there are no discounts for children on park passes anymore.

No proof needed. We literally went the week of my daughter's 3rd birthday, went to Boo Bash the night before she turned 3 without any issues or needing to show proof.

You do not need to show proof of age anywhere. Even if your child is tall. My oldest has always been tall for his age and we were never questioned. Now, if you try to pass off a kid as a two year old who is CLEARLY in no way 2-years-old, well, that might be a different story. But anything within reason is not questioned at all.

My DS14 has been to WDW at least 40 times since he turned one. We have never, ever been asked for proof of age for anything - tickets, dining, experiences, etc.

We took my son at 18 months and the week before he turned 3. We were never asked about his age.

If you do any dining reservations, all persons must be included, regardless of age.

If you are flying with a lap baby, you will need a birth certificate.

No proof of age is needed for children at WDW.

And you might need to prove that the child doesn’t need to wear a mask if they are under 2, so keep proof of age on hand. You can lookup recent videos of parents being denied flights (lap child) without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter