First Day Plans?

Degli

DIS Veteran
Hello all,
We are arriving at VWL around 2:00pm the Monday following Easter. Thinking we probably won't do a park this day. Thoughts on fun dinner reservation to make or other fun plan. We've done HDDR a few times. We will have a car. Thanks!

What about doing Whispering Canyon or our favorite go over to Beaches and Cream at BCV

Go to FW, rent bikes or boats. Then dinner at Trails End and enjoy the campfire sing along and movie.

I really miss staying at FW, so I try to get over there for a day when staying at VWL!

Bobbi:goodvibes

We love Whispering Canyon but wanted to switch up things....any other thoughts?

I love going to Ohanas. We always get there on out trips, its a must eat for us.

Hi - We arrive the same day but we haven't booked our flights yet. If we arrive early enough in the day, I think we are going to grab a snack at Roaring Forks and take the boat over to the MK. If it's later in the day, we may try for a reservation at Contemporary (Cali Grille) or possibly head over to Kouzzina @ Boardwalk.

For days like this we always do things that we normally don't want to interrupt a park day for. Some things we do are go shopping at DTD and have dinner, see the Cirque de Soliel Show, have dinner at the Contemporary to see the firework show, another favorite is to go miniature golfing, visit a water park with dinner afterwards, do a speciality cruise that night, etc...

IMO, the arrival day is a very risky day to plan anything. Never know when travel delays, bad weather, lost luggage, late room availability, etc. will wreck havoc with your plans.

If you don't want to go to a park, personally I would just plan a visit to Downtown Disney. You could make dinner reservations somewhere but make sure it's a place that does not require a deposit and which you will not be disappointed to miss if running late. Also, it would be wise to make sure it's not a place that will require a change of clothes in the event that you get into your room late or luggage is running late. In other words, I wouldn't recommend California Grill, Narcoossee, etc.

IMO, the arrival day is a very risky day to plan anything. Never know when travel delays, bad weather, lost luggage, late room availability, etc. will wreck havoc with your plans.

If you don't want to go to a park, personally I would just plan a visit to Downtown Disney. You could make dinner reservations somewhere but make sure it's a place that does not require a deposit and which you will not be disappointed to miss if running late. Also, it would be wise to make sure it's not a place that will require a change of clothes in the event that you get into your room late or luggage is running late. In other words, I wouldn't recommend California Grill, Narcoossee, etc.

Smart!!!!! See this is why I consult with the pros!

I'd be heading to DTD and take in a nice dinner at Turf Club at SSR. No matter where we are staying, we always like to catch a meal at Turf Club, and it's easy to combine it with DTD.

Another suggestion is one of the Disney mini-golf places. It's a simple way to ease into the Disney life without going to a park.

After ringing the bell near the entrance to the lodge, (I know the kids typically do this, but its fun!:rotfl2:) you might consider renting the little boats for 1/2 hr for something completely different. I never seem to get enough of Bay Lake or the Seven Seas Lagoon. We would normally plan dinner at the Kona, timed to watch Wishes from the Poly beach afterward. Ohana's has also been done. No matter what you do it will be fun.:cool1:

After ringing the bell near the entrance to the lodge, (I know the kids typically do this, but its fun!:rotfl2:) you might consider renting the little boats for 1/2 hr for something completely different. I never seem to get enough of Bay Lake or the Seven Seas Lagoon. We would normally plan dinner at the Kona, timed to watch Wishes from the Poly beach afterward. Ohana's has also been done. No matter what you do it will be fun.:cool1:

That's funny that you said this. Our kids would always hit the bell on the way in from the buses or from the villas. Fun stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!