11 Splash Mountain

Collect Fast Pass for Indiana Jones
Lunch at Café Orleans
12 Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye

Collect Fast Pass for Big Thunder Mountain
Do anytime attractions, look around the shops
13 Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Last edited:
I think there are definitely scenarios where that's doable in one day and scenarios where its not...

When are you going (to assess crowds, park hours etc)? How many in your party?

A couple questions...is it an early entry day, and will you have early entry? What will the park hours be? Extended summer hours or off season hours? (I see pharmama asked that second question!)

Good questions! I edited the original post with more specific plan

It will be busy, end of June. I will have use of one magic morning, and this is the plan for it

I have excluded Peter Pan as it takes long, it's always busy and we have done it many times at WDW. If you have favorite rides that I am missing, please do suggest them and I can add them to our day 2 plan

2 adults, 10 year old well trained with theme park touring so no issues with walking

Here is the first attempt, end of June, extra magic hour day

1 Alice in Wonderland Early Magic Hour
2 Matterhorn Bobsleds Early Magic Hour
3 Mr. Toad's Wild Ride Early Magic Hour
4 Snow White's Scary Adventures Early Magic Hour
5 Pinocchio's Daring Journey Early Magic Hour

Collect Fast Pass for Space Mountain
6 Star Tours–The Adventures Continue
7 Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
8 Hyperspace Mountain

Collect fast pass for Splash Mountain
9 Pirates of the Caribbean
10 Haunted Mansion
11 Splash Mountain

Lunch at Café Orleans

I think that is a great plan. :thumbsup2

It would be a few minutes more efficient to get a Star Tours FP instead of Space Mtn because it is on the way to SM and you will not have to backtrack. If it were me, I would be at the ST FP machines right at 8AM when they turn on, get the FP, then go to Space Mtn. Your return time for the FP will likely be 8:40-9:40AM. You will probably finish Space Mtn and BLAB before 8:40 and may have to wait a few minutes for ST.

Similar for Splash Mtn, the FP machines are far in the back of the park and will require a bit of backtracking. Indy is right on your way to that direction. I would be inclined to flip flop Indy and Splash FPs, and get the Splash FPs when you are back there riding HM and are nearby.

With Matterhorn now having FP, it does lessen the need to go early (during MM) because you can FP it later. Personally, I love riding Matterhorn at night. :)

All just food for thought!

:wizard:

If the park is opening at 8am, you shouldn't have too much of a problem and wouldn't need to collect as many Fastpasses.

Here is how I would rework your plan...

- Show up 30 minutes before the EMH begins, 45 minutes if you really want to maximize your time.
- Head to Peter Pan first if you can be the first 100 guest in line to ride, otherwise, skip it. Even if you have to wait 20 minutes, its worth it as the other attractions will not have long waits. 30 minutes or more, I would skip
- Dumbo should be second if you decide to ride it, then Alice in Wonderland, Toad, Snow White, and Pinocchio.
8am-930am
- When the park opens you can try for Casey Jr if you want to ride, then grab FP for the Matterhorn, then ride Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, the Jungle Cruise, grab FP for Indiana Jones, ride Big Thunder Mountain, use FP for Matterhorn.
930am-11am: Grab FP for Space Mountain (Hyperspace will not be there), ride Pirates of the Caribbean, use FP for Indiana Jones, ride Splash Mountain (want to try to get on before 1030am), ride Winnie the Pooh if you want to ride, grab FP for the Haunted Mansion.
11am Lunch Time
12pm Grab another FP, then use FP for Haunted Mansion

Nemo Subs, Autopia, Toontown, Storybookland can all be done at night when the wait times are much lower.

Doing the park this way will give you enough time to get a second FP for any attraction since they should all still be available.
Plus give you time to take in some of the shows, characters, or take a break back at the hotel.

ME

Last edited:

The best way to optimize FPs is to get one as soon as the window for your previous one opens. That is, send a runner to your next FP before you've used the one you've got.

Are you planning any shows or parades on your day 2 plan? Mickey and the Magical Map if a fun little show, and it's not a huge time investment.

I think your plan will work but I generally try to start on the Indy side of the park at regular park opening. I like to get that physically crowded area out of the way in the morning. The only change I would make to your current plan is to put Matterhorn last during MM. The other rides in Fantasyland have extremely short waits first thing and you can kind of follow around in a circle to get to all of them. The line for matterhorn is a bit out of the way comparatively. You may even be able to get buzz in during MM. I wouldn't get in line for space or star tours though because I think you will lose your chance at getting the first fastpasses when the park opens. And I would ride space and fastpass star tours. You more likely to get an earlier fastpass on Star Tours and its on the way to space.

Also of note - Space Mountain is currently issuing FPs during EMH/MM (whether that continues once HSM is over is an unknown). The return times are at regular park opening, so you COULD grab one first thing during your MM, and be eligible for another right as the parks open (as you would be normally - you'd just already have one for Space in hand).

Are you a WDW vet? You should be fine, but one thing to note is that Star Tours at DL typically has a much longer wait than Star Tours at WDW. We usually ride it multiple times at WDW without fast pass. At DL, we almost never ride it without a fast pass. Unlike WDW where the line is often under 20 minutes, at DL the line is often an hour. I would probably do Alice, Matterhorn and then Star Tours if you want to do star Tours without a Fast pass. We go in June and July and Snow White and Pinocchio rarely have more than a 10 minute wait and Toad is usually around 20. I see you plan to skip Peter Pan-- that one always has a long line at DLR. How about the Finding Nemo submarines? That is another one to knock out early before the line gets long--- don't compare it to EPCOT's Nemo Ride-- being on the old 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea subs is a different experience. I miss those at WDW-- I remember them from when I was a little kid.

You also mention Hyperspace Mountain- unless they have changed something- I think they recently announced it was going away at the end of May and they were going back to the regular Space Mountain.

Last edited:
yes, I am!

How would you change the plan on a day without early magic? We are arriving earlier than we thought and we will hit the park next Monday. We LOVE Thunder Mountain. Should we start from point 6 or do I need new plan?

Big Thunder Mountain should be a walk-on first thing in the morning. We've ridden three times in a row, in less than twenty minutes often.

I managed to do everything and more on day 1. Apart from pirates which we plan to do this morning. We won't bother with early magic hour, first few hours on normal day are great too

Here is the first attempt, end of June, extra magic hour day

1 Alice in Wonderland Early Magic Hour
2 Matterhorn Bobsleds Early Magic Hour
3 Mr. Toad's Wild Ride Early Magic Hour
4 Snow White's Scary Adventures Early Magic Hour
5 Pinocchio's Daring Journey Early Magic Hour

Collect Fast Pass for Space Mountain
6 Star Tours–The Adventures Continue
7 Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
8 Hyperspace Mountain

Collect fast pass for Splash Mountain
9 Pirates of the Caribbean
10 Haunted Mansion
11 Splash Mountain

Lunch at Café Orleans

Hm... Just a suggestion, I think it might be more prudent to use your Extra Magic Hour on busier rides like Peter Pan, Space, Star Tours etc. Mr. Toad, Snow White, Pinocchio's, these are all rides that typically have a short wait even during peak times. Extra Magic Hour/Magic Morning is a coveted time for you get ride stuff while normal saps are still waiting outside, use it wisely!

Your choice obviously, just a suggestion!

The morning was great but pirates was down all morning. We came back in the evening and did it. 35 minutes wait but I am glad we did it - so much bigger and better ride than the one at magic kingdom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter