First Aid Question

plano4

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if the first aid center on the ship will have a nebulizer to administer a breathing treatment? I am bringing my DD's emergency meds, but don't want to bring our old, heavy, cumbersome machine. I doubt she will have an attack, but I am always prepared. Thank you.

You should contact guest services and find out what is availble for emergency treatment. Also, consider renting a smaller, newer model from a medical supply company. Your insurance may even cover it!

LisaCA

I would guess that they have any medical equipment that an emergency room would have. I visited the sick bay on the Voyager for a tour and it looked just like an emergency room and ICU. I would expect no less from Disney. Having said that however, I doubt that you would be allowed to "borrow" the nebulizer without having a medical visit and having the doctor perscribe what he felt was appropriate. It may not be what you feel is appropriate. I think you would also generate a medical bill as well. I would bring my own equipment just in case. You are familiar with it and nothing beats having your own "stuff" when an emergency hits.

Thank you so much for the replies. I never thought of them not letting me give her our meds! I am going to contact the insurance company to see if I can rent a smaller unit for the cruise. If not, I'll just lug ours onboard. Thanks again, I really appreciate the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter