Fireworks for the 4th??!!

jade1

I spend half my money on WDW, and waste the rest.
Epcot Forever, not Harmonious? I thought that's what all the testing was for?
Hmm. Maybe they want to not over run EPCOT (not much testing needed for an existing show), plus save it for a 50th reveal?

monstermash23

Earning My Ears
Hmm. Maybe they want to not over run EPCOT (not much testing needed for an existing show), plus save it for a 50th reveal?
This!

I also imagine they don’t want Epcot to be overun since basically the entire front is under construction. Launching this for 50th would make a lot of sense, or at least once most of the park’s front end refurbishments are complete and Ratatouille is open.

But either way, I’m very happy any fireworks are returning for our trip end of July.

• whiporee

DIS Veteran
    I feel very confident in predicting there will be, at the least, fireworks at MK on July 4. Don't know what the show will be, but I'm confident they'll put up something.

• curse reversed

Earning My Ears
    I feel very confident in predicting there will be, at the least, fireworks at MK on July 4. Don't know what the show will be, but I'm confident they'll put up something.
    Not unless they extend the Park Hours that were just announced. MK closes at 9:00 on the 4th as well as every other night of the month. It will barely be dark enough for fireworks by then. For that reason I'm treating this as just as credible as every other rumor we've heard about the return of things.

Moliphino

DIS Veteran
    Not unless they extend the Park Hours that were just announced. MK closes at 9:00 on the 4th as well as every other night of the month. It will barely be dark enough for fireworks by then. For that reason I'm treating this as just as credible as every other rumor we've heard about the return of things.
    We've been there when they extended park hours day-of, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
    DIS Lifetime Sponsor
    MK closes at 9:00 on the 4th as well as every other night of the month. It will barely be dark enough for fireworks by then.
    Yes it is dark enough by 9 pm. We live right next to the parks and, in the past, have been able to hear them at night.

monstermash23

Earning My Ears
    We’ve been going for the 4th of July for many years. Most years, they won’t update/expand the park hours until a week or two before. Sometimes it can happen even a few days before. But even then, I think 9pm would be dark enough for a show. So I wouldn’t put too much weight into the park hours side of this rumor, that’s just me though.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES