Fireworks, Fantasmic, or WOC?

Between WOC, Fantasmic and fireworks... which one?!

• Fireworks!

• Fantasmic!

• World of Color!

Results are only viewable after voting.

hope23

Mouseketeer
For several reasons we are only planning to do 1 evening "show" with our kids 9, 7 & 3. It will be on an off-season Sunday night, so we have the choice between Fantasmic, WOC or fireworks... which would you choose? Our kids won't be bothered by the dragon/scary things in Fantasmic, so that's not an issue. Overall, we just want to do the BEST one... what is your opinion of the one that's a MUST SEE? Thanks!

This is SUCH a personal thing. I know a lot of people on these boards really prefer Fantasmic!, but for me, both the fireworks and WOC have moved me to tears whereas I wasn't that impressed with F! at all. Everyone is so different. I will absolutely acknowledge that WOC is the biggest "hassle" to deal with as far as getting a viewing spot goes, but of the three, it's the show that I recommend the most. It's just SO different from anything out there right now. Really, really great. That would be my vote but again, I understand that you'll have to get FastPasses for it and line up an hour or so before the show to get a good spot, which not everyone wants to do. It is SO good though... really impressive to *me*.

I'm a big fan of Fantasmic because it combines water (world of color), pyro (fireworks), and characters (parades) all into 1 show. It's easier to find spots where all the kids can have a good view. And it's just magical how they use Tom Sawyer Island and the Rivers of America as the setting.

It's a matter of preference. For me, it depends which fireworks show it is. If it's Remember....Dreams Come True, I'll pick fireworks hands down, it moves me to tears. If it's Magical!, I'll pick Fantasmic!. My whole thing is, I love Remember & Fantasmic! because it's a story unfolding in the show & there's so many different elements that help tell that story. Even without the hassle of WoC, I don't know if I'd plan around it. For me, it was just ok.

If you go when there are two Fantasmic performances, attend the first show and you'll be able to watch the fireworks afterwards.

Have you guys seen any of the shows? Like in the past? Or at WDW?

If so, WoC is the new show to you guys...

If not, like other PP have stated, it is a personal preference.

I always think a must see is the Fireworks in front of the Castle, that is Disney. One thing to note, I think in the off season, they don't do fireworks on a school night? Maybe someone can clarify, but I went during the off season and noticed fireworks were only on selected nights and I read somewhere it's because of an agreement they have with the city not to have the booming sound on school nights.

Agree with others who say it is personal preference. We love WOC and it is our favorite but we go to WDW more often then DLR so that is one of the reasons it is our top choice we just don't get to see WOC as often.

I enjoyed the experience of watching Fantasmic more than the other two, simply because I didn't have to lift up a 30 lb child. I really liked WOC and the fireworks, but I'm only 5 '2" and couldn't see very well, and really didn't like standing shoulder to shoulder with strangers. For fantasmic, we watched from a table at Riverbelle Terrace and then stayed there to watch the fire works. Couldn't see the finer details like we did at the hub, but I enjoyed it more from my seat.

DLR29 said:
I'm a big fan of Fantasmic because it combines water (world of color), pyro (fireworks), and characters (parades) all into 1 show. It's easier to find spots where all the kids can have a good view. And it's just magical how they use Tom Sawyer Island and the Rivers of America as the setting.

Saved me from typing it. 100% agree.

Fireworks would be very close second.

- Dreams

For several reasons we are only planning to do 1 evening "show" with our kids 9, 7 & 3. It will be on an off-season Sunday night, so we have the choice between Fantasmic, WOC or fireworks... which would you choose? Our kids won't be bothered by the dragon/scary things in Fantasmic, so that's not an issue. Overall, we just want to do the BEST one... what is your opinion of the one that's a MUST SEE? Thanks!
WOC is the best show IMO but with your kids so young it will take a major effort to see it and get a good spot.

As a PP said, if fireworks is not RDCT then go for Fantasmic. If it is, then RDCT may be a good choice. The thing about RDCT is that the whole thing works better for those with some nostalgia - as in folks a little older. Fantasmic may be the best choice for you and your younger kids although for me personally it comes in third place of the three.

:wizard:

I agree with Hydroguy & his reasoning... when considering the ages of your kids, Fantasmic might be the best choice. Even though WOC is my family's fave. I think they will be thoroughly entertained by Fantasmic, its a great show and one to be seen at least once if not more.

When doing Fanasmic I would seriously consider springing for the dessert package. The first time we did it my kids were around 10 and 6, it was worth the special treat to be able to sit in a nice chair with blankets (it was Nov) through the show and have unlimited refills of hot cocoa and sodas. Plus my kids could see the show easily.

If you havent already read the Fantasmic Super thread here is the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2671983

I appreciated reading these responses, as we've been trying to figure out what to do with our kids. (6, 5, and 2) Question about WoC - I think it's going to take that "major effort" to get a decent viewing spot for these kiddos. How terrible would it be to watch it from TSMM (backwards) if we couldn't get a decent viewing spot with our FP? Possibly worth it, or not even close? I just don't think the kids are going to be impressed enough to make it worth standing/waiting for 1.5-2 hours...

I appreciated reading these responses, as we've been trying to figure out what to do with our kids. (6, 5, and 2) Question about WoC - I think it's going to take that "major effort" to get a decent viewing spot for these kiddos. How terrible would it be to watch it from TSMM (backwards) if we couldn't get a decent viewing spot with our FP? Possibly worth it, or not even close? I just don't think the kids are going to be impressed enough to make it worth standing/waiting for 1.5-2 hours...

I wouldn't. You can't see the projections or just the show as it was intended, and I would hate for you to have that be your first impression of an incredible show. However, the kids won't care no matter where you stand because they will just be impressed with the big water fountains of color. If you want to get a spot for WoC in the viewing section you can minimize the perceived wait by eating dinner while waiting or taking turns leaving to ride Ariel or a close-by ride.

I agree, this is all personal opinion. For me, Fantasmic! hands down! It's got pyrotechnics, hydrotechnics, lazers, dancing, Princesses, a pirate ship, even a 45 foot tall dragon...of and of course you can't forget the hero, Mickey Mouse!

I wouldn't. You can't see the projections or just the show as it was intended, and I would hate for you to have that be your first impression of an incredible show. However, the kids won't care no matter where you stand because they will just be impressed with the big water fountains of color. If you want to get a spot for WoC in the viewing section you can minimize the perceived wait by eating dinner while waiting or taking turns leaving to ride Ariel or a close-by ride.

Thanks for being honest about that. From things I've read, if you don't get a good spot (for short people) they can't see well at all. Is that not true? If we got FP's and I got in line 45-60 minutes before (on a Weds night) would we be able to be somewhere they could actually see, or is it hard to tell? We don't need to be close, but we need them to be able to see...

Thanks for being honest about that. From things I've read, if you don't get a good spot (for short people) they can't see well at all. Is that not true? If we got FP's and I got in line 45-60 minutes before (on a Weds night) would we be able to be somewhere they could actually see, or is it hard to tell? We don't need to be close, but we need them to be able to see...
60 minutes early would probably be enough for WOC, but you would need to know exactly where to go once they let folks into the viewing area. And you will have to get to a spot on a rail.

Think of it like some bug movie your kids really want to see. Harry Potter or Nemo or somethung. Then think of it as getting a seat in the theater in the first row to the side. So you have to angle your head up to see and you are way to close. It just ruins the movie because the spot is so poor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!