Fireworks Dessert Party - Tomorrowland Terrace

KYTink

Earning My Ears
Can you give me the pros and cons of the FDP for 5 adults (21 yrs to never turning 50)? I read the description and am not seeing "adult" beverage offerings at this one versus AK or EP. Is it worth $60+ for desserts and a seat?

Well, it's ultimately going to be up to you if it's worth it or not.
I will say this:
1. A seat is pretty nice, instead of jockeying for position with 100's of your closest friends, (and then, once you have the perfect spot, having someone shove their way in front of you, and put their kid on their shoulders.

2. It's more than desserts. I easily made it a filling dinner. Not a very healthy dinner, but I pigged out on the cheeseburger egg rolls and spinach dip, and chocolate covered strawberries.

IMO, the piece of mind for having a great view, and dinner, is worth it. I saw the fireworks show as a kid a few times, and mostly remember standing for 15 minutes and seeing a few fireworks and mostly butts and shoulders. Now as a family man with a little guy, and a petite wife, it was WELL worth it for us. We had a GREAT view, and relaxed the whole time, with FULL bellies.

The Star wars one is even better, but the one at MK was worth it for us. If you think you can make a dinner out of what's offered, take that into consideration. It was PLENTY for us to make a dinner out of.

Well, it's ultimately going to be up to you if it's worth it or not.
I will say this:
1. A seat is pretty nice, instead of jockeying for position with 100's of your closest friends, (and then, once you have the perfect spot, having someone shove their way in front of you, and put their kid on their shoulders.

2. It's more than desserts. I easily made it a filling dinner. Not a very healthy dinner, but I pigged out on the cheeseburger egg rolls and spinach dip, and chocolate covered strawberries.

IMO, the piece of mind for having a great view, and dinner, is worth it. I saw the fireworks show as a kid a few times, and mostly remember standing for 15 minutes and seeing a few fireworks and mostly butts and shoulders. Now as a family man with a little guy, and a petite wife, it was WELL worth it for us. We had a GREAT view, and relaxed the whole time, with FULL bellies.

The Star wars one is even better, but the one at MK was worth it for us. If you think you can make a dinner out of what's offered, take that into consideration. It was PLENTY for us to make a dinner out of.
Thank you for your opinions. I'm all about being able to relax for a little while and enjoy a show without said obstructions! This would be an unexpected treat for my crew as we normally find a spot somewhere to stand and watch.

We really enjoyed the party, despite the fact that it didn’t have any alcoholic beverages. The one thing to keep in mind if you do the seated option is that some of the high fireworks will be a little bit cut off by the edge of the building, and you won’t be able to see the projections as easily. Have you looked at the other option which includes the dessert party and then a reserved area to stand and watch the fireworks? It’s in front of the Plaza restaurant so you get an excellent view of the castle the buildings on main street and all of the fireworks. You have a seat to enjoy the food and drinks, and then go over to the garden area for the show.

I've done the party twice now, and I think it's really dependent on how much of a sweet tooth you have/how much value you'll get out of the desserts. There are a few savoury/healthy options, including various cheeses and fruits, but most of the spread involves the typical mini cupcakes/cookies/brownies. It's gotten increasingly less worthwhile for my family over the years as the prices go up and the food remains the same, given that none of us are a huge fan of super sweet things.

That said, if you'll eat a decent amount, I like that the Terrace level has tables and seats. You'll find that many people still stand at the railing when fireworks begin however, so there's still some jockeying for position. The view of the fireworks is excellent, the projections on the castle somewhat less so. Seeing Tinkerbell zipping so close overhead is also a highlight.

ITA with this!

We have done all of the various dessert parties, and though this one is our least favorite, it's still worth it to us because we can also easily make dinner out of it, AND we're guaranteed a seat with a view of the fireworks. YMMV, as we aren't heavy eaters, but we definitely leave this party stuffed every time we attend one.

We really enjoyed this party (done it 3 times) .... The food is ample and the seats are extremely welcome. It was wonderful to be able to see the projections on the castle easily. I remember a few years back when they had the extreme price jump and I vowed never again, but still went back. I We have only done this one and the Star Wars one and I am not a Star Wars fan ( I hear the boos) ,so of course I liked this better. We are trying to Epcot dessert party this year ( not so much for the Frozen ride but for the treat of the party and because we are concerned Illuminations might be more crowded because it is the final month).Not necessarily a "party" and quite a bit more expensive is Circle of Flavors, ,Harambe at Night. This looks like a really neat experience ( we are unable to shuffle everything around to try this but, it was really tempting). I figured I would mention it in case you hadnt considered it.

Thank you all again for your opinions and reflections. My family and I have been to Disney so many times but it's still nice to add something different every once in awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter