Finishing Touches Placed on the Holiday Inn in the Walt Disney World® Resort

The rate was supposed to be 173.00 in summer of 05....But while trolling the Disboards an excited Diser posted the rat at like 2 am eastern time...by the time the HI realized the rate was wrong in thier system over 600 romm nights were booked at this price...At first they were not going to honor but a woman who lived in Cincinatti (and had booked 3 months straight at this rate) called in National media and then I relented and honored the rate getting a birt of national exposure.....Guess advertising didnt help as it took 5 years to finish Hotel.

Sometimes it pays to troll the Dis at 2 am

The rate was supposed to be 173.00 in summer of 05....But while trolling the Disboards an excited Diser posted the rat at like 2 am eastern time...by the time the HI realized the rate was wrong in thier system over 600 romm nights were booked at this price...At first they were not going to honor but a woman who lived in Cincinatti (and had booked 3 months straight at this rate) called in National media and then I relented and honored the rate getting a birt of national exposure.....Guess advertising didnt help as it took 5 years to finish Hotel.

Sometimes it pays to troll the Dis at 2 am

Penny- it was the 80's when we stayed there to. Do you have and photos of the hotel back then? I remember water fountains in the lobby.

cant wait...we are staying there in March!

I found one picture of us at the hotel (1987) and it was in the room. Sorry :sad2:Penny:hippie:

I came across another article today:

New Hotel Opens at Walt Disney World
http://news.opodo.co.uk/NewsDetails/2010-02-22/New_hotel_opens_at_Walt_Disney_World
22 Feb 2010

Families visiting the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida this year will have the opportunity to stay in a new hotel.

InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) announced that it had opened a new 14-storey, 323-room Holiday Inn property as part of its ongoing $1bn (£646m) global relaunch of the brand.

The hotel is located on Hotel Plaza Boulevard in the US resort and offers a number of useful amenities for guests, including free transportation to theme parks, guaranteed access to golf courses and advance reservations at restaurants.

All rooms are equipped with facilities including a 32-inch television, complimentary wireless internet access and an electronic safe.

Tony Johnson, general manager of the property, said: 'There is no more exhilarating feeling than opening a family-friendly Holiday Inn resort on Disney property and hiring more than 100 employees to welcome our community and guests.

'Our opening could not come at a better time, with a brand that customers know and trust. Being on Disney property and maintaining high standards will assure we achieve the highest marks possible from our customers and our industry.'

More than 1,800 hotels have been relaunched around the world during IHG's revamp of the Holiday Inn brand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter