Fingerprints needed?

heartsy77

2024 taking the kids and grands to Disneyland !
I was just reading the 2006 edition of the Unofficial Guide to WDW. In it states that for all the Magic Your Way tickets you are fingerprinted and the info it store on your ticket! I can't imagine that this is a great procedure at check in time with your children! Is this true?

It is not actually a fingerprint process. The first time you use your pass you will put two fingers into the machine, slightly push them together, and somehow it stores how hard you have pushed together. It is very simple and is only done on adult passes.

It is more time consuming then it was in the past to get into the park, but not horribly worse. The problem we saw a number of times on our last trip is that for some reason it would let you through one time and not another. When that happened, at least when we were there in October, you needed to show ID. That made for many unhappy people who were not allowed into the park and had to go back to the resort for ID. I hope the kinks have been worked out, but I would suggest carrying some ID to the park.

Sorry the above showed up as unregistered. I don't know what happened. I just didn't want you to think I was some joker responding to your quesion.

All fixed now.

Hope I answered some of your questions. :confused3

Actually, it's not a fingerprint process and they don't measure how hard you push your fingers together. It's a biometric scan that measures the length of your fingers. It's a pretty simple process that sometimes is hampered by the fact that some people don't understand how to use it/it may be malfunctioning that day/etc. Just relax when you do it, listen to what the CM's say and it'll be pretty painless. Make sure you mark your tickets somehow if you have multiple tickets with the same character on it, because the first time you use the ticket it is in the system as yours and they are nontransferrable.

Most importantly, have a great time!

Thanks for clarfying the biometric part. I wasn't real sure what exactly it was, I only knew that is was NOT a fingerprint.

When you say adult passes, do you mean for adults only or anyone 10 or over? I am taking four kids 2 of which count as "adults" because they are over 10, and I think that would be a huge headache!

Everyone who needs a park admission ticket must use the biometric scan at the turnstiles. I thought it would be more of a hassle than it was last year. It does slow down the entry a little but it's not bad at all.

heartsy77 said:
When you say adult passes, do you mean for adults only or anyone 10 or over? I am taking four kids 2 of which count as "adults" because they are over 10, and I think that would be a huge headache!

I think you're thinking it is much worse than it really is. Any child over 10 should easily and quickly be able to handle the process. You literally just stick your two fingers into a machine and then walk through the turnstyle. Don't fret about it, it's a breeze!!!

Just wanted to add one more thing. The security check is more time consuming and more of a hassle than the finger scan. This also takes place as you enter the park. Put thought into how many backpacks, bags, strollers, etc. you take into the park.

wdwgoofeeee said:
Everyone who needs a park admission ticket must use the biometric scan at the turnstiles. I thought it would be more of a hassle than it was last year. It does slow down the entry a little but it's not bad at all.

I think it is for adults only. When we went last Oct my son 4 didn't have to do the scan and he had a ticket.

Later,

Disneyscuba

What is the purpose of the scan? I can understand scanning or searching your bags for security. I can just picture the confusion this could cause in family where mom or dad collects the tickets so the little ones don't lose them..LOL or even the big ones.

As we were told when we visited in October and as allears mentions.....it is so you can't give your ticket to someone else to use. The first person to use the ticket and validate the ticket will be the only one who can use it. It truly is not as bad as everyone is thinking. Yes, we are one of those families where I am the ticket holder for everyone. So, that means when we get to the parks I need to make sure each person receives THEIR ticket before we enter. It only takes an extra second to double check the name on the ticket.
If it doesn't work for some reason, you will probably need to show ID and they will just reset the machine.

Reminder to all........tickets can become demagnetized if they are kept with credit cards, room key cards, cell phones, etc. Last year there was a family that needed to be reissued new room key cards because they became demagnitized from being kept with their credit cards. This can happen with park tickets as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter