Find Your Own "Directive" - the February Weight Loss / Life Style Change Challenge

Question of the Weekend - February 27-28

cWIJYGq.jpg

Disney Sweets and Treats
On weekends we take a break and focus on some aspect of Disney parks. This week's discussion is about your

favorite sweets and treats. They can be done per park or just overall. And since you're indulging virtually
there are NO calories consumed! Enjoy sharing your favorite Disney desserts, treats, munchies. POST PICS! :)

What are some of your favorite snacks at Disney parks?
Share with us your most recommend items!
Funnily enough, we rarely snack at Disney. Eating out three times a day leaves us all pretty full. We do always get ice cream cones before we watch Wishes from Main Street though, so I guess that would be my favorite snack!

Checking in for the week as well - down 1.5 lbs this week for a total loss of 10.5lbs. That puts me at 131% of my goal. Thanks everyone; being part of this challenge really brought me out of my holiday/January funk. And with the worst of winter over (I hope), I hope I don't slide back!

QOTD- Dole whip floats! Hands down , the fav, however, I am not loving that I can no longer get the vanilla/pinapple combo, I told my boys I will be ordering separate pineapple juice and then go get the vanilla soft serve to make it myself this coming trip.

My kids have a list-glazed almonds, ice cream scoops, kaki gori, fudge,...but we have been known to make a special trip into MK just for a Dole whip. We even make our own version at home with pineapple juice and Vanilla frozen yogurt.

I finnally have some movement on the scale-down 1.5 for the week/month. Not as much as I would have liked but better than up!

Question of the Weekend - February 27-28

Disney Sweets and Treats
On weekends we take a break and focus on some aspect of Disney parks. This week's discussion is about your
favorite sweets and treats. They can be done per park or just overall. And since you're indulging virtually
there are NO calories consumed! Enjoy sharing your favorite Disney desserts, treats, munchies. POST PICS! :)

Share with us your most recommend items!

I am not a big Disney foodie. The list of TS restaurants I HAVEN'T eaten in is huge. That being said, I do have a few things that are a Disney "MUST EAT" and I do like to try something new every time! My Disney "musts" aren't that unusual.... Mickey bars (ALWAYS!), RK treats (why do they taste better when they are Mickey shaped??), and a Dole Whip. During our 2011 and 2013 Mother/Daughter trips, we tried to do a "food around the world" kind of thing in Epcot.... some countries were GREAT....others not so much. Everyone always raves about the School Bread in Norway, but I had avoided up until 2013 because it just didn't sound like something I would like.... but we bought one to share and I was right! We didn't like it!

Tried the mochi ice cream in Japan (feel like I've told this story before) and ewwwww! There isn't anything too appealing for QS snacks in Italy or America or Canada (that I have found) so we bought a sparkling water in Italy and skipped America and Canada all together (as far as food goes).

In China we shared a drink called Tipsy Ducks in Love and it was WONDERFUL! We had the alcohol-free version since we were sharing, but wow.... talk about the boost we needed! It was COLD and CHOCOLATELY and had CAFFEINE! WINNER! Also love the potstickers.... nothing terribly unusual, but yummy.

There is a couscous salad in Morocco that I love (although I've duplicated it at home and I like mine better!)..... but I opted to try something new last time and we didn't like ANYTHING that we got.... I got a lentil salad and we shared two sweets. The lentil salad went into the trash.... we ate about half of the desserts before deciding to toss them as well. Nothing wrong with them.... just not our liking.

Tried a lemon tart in France that we thought was WAAAYYYY too tart (and we both LOVE lemon).... and a cheese bread type of thing that was yummy but nothing special.

Germany's Karmel Kuchen is the BOMB though! I think we would like ANYTHING and EVERYTHING from there! We shared a milk chocolate sea salt caramel (yup.... shared it even though it is small) and it was DELICIOUS! Wish we had skipped other countries and eaten another selection from there!

P1330774.JPG

I'd love to share a bunch more pictures, but Dis keeps telling me they are too large. Not sure why.

Anyhoooo..... I think if I could pick JUST ONE item and say that is my SPECIAL DISNEY TREAT it would have to be a Mickey bar (as far as sweets go) and a Turkey leg as far as savory goes.

Note not related to ANYTHING but Disney Parks:

Rumors are spreading that ticket prices for all levels of tickets, including annual passes, will increase on SUNDAY. If you haven't already done so, please please please go buy your tickets for any upcoming trips you may have.

This is the THIRD price increase I've encountered in 12 months -- and sadly this is the one that will price me out of an annual pass. Spoke to the husband tonight and we're not renewing the Premier pass we have. Once we expire in November we're not going back to Disneyland for a very long time and will only visit Disney World once per year during our annual christmas trip.

it breaks my heart - been a passholder since 1994 and I've finally had enough. Too many people, not enough attractions open due to construction, and Star Wars land won't make it any better at Disneyland (really - it's going to make it even busier). When there's a depreciating level of enjoyment due to all of these factors, it just means that it's time.

::sigh:: I am so bummed.

With you 100% on feeling like this isn't the best timing. And this is PRECISELY why I bought my DL tickets already. Normally I would hold off until closer to the trip because you never know when life may toss you a curve ball and you have an emergency and need the $$ and/or cannot make the trip. But I didn't want to risk it.

Kenny the Pirate also reported today that they're cutting the Streetmosphere characters at DHS, in addition to raising the prices (and possibly adding the ticket tiering) this weekend. UGH. Come on, Disney. Don't do this. I'm afraid another increase will make it even more difficult for us to go back in the next couple of years. It's so frustrating. How can they justify raising the prices when SO MUCH of their parks in under construction right now??? Just take one year off. Then when you can say "OH HEY, Pandoraland is opening this fall", people won't gripe AS much about an increase.

As for the APs, if you purchase the vouchers before the price increase, they don't have an expiration date on them, so you can pay the current prices but not activate them for however long you need to. I know that's not an option for everyone - certainly not for me! - but it might help someone out.

For the QOTD - croque glaces, Mickey ice cream bars, MICKEY WAFFLES, Disney popcorn, and several yummy rum drinks in various parks. Om nom nom. I want to go back to Disney so badly. :-(

Unrelated - did anyone watch Fuller House today?

Pictures for the QOTD... It's really no wonder I put on weight during our trip. LOL

View attachment 153531 View attachment 153532 View attachment 153533 View attachment 153534 View attachment 153535 View attachment 153536

Love the pictures! Wish I could figure out how to make some of mine smaller so that I could share them. I am one of those "takes a picture of every meal and snack" kind of people!

Have NOT watched Fuller House, so no spoilers, okay? Waiting to watch it with DD.

Does anyone know if I were to book my November trip today with my park tickets but want to add any discounts (free dining) if and when it comes out will they change my ticket prices to the new prices? I know I am going in November at some point for the Christmas party but was waiting until a discount came out.

I have no idea, but if you ask over on the Budget Board I am SURE someone there would know the answer.

WINNER, WINNER, low-fat dinner!!! I had an opportunity to earn some money doing manual labor (helping someone empty their basement after a flood) and I jumped at the chance. I worked (hard) for 2.5 hours, got in 10K steps AND....... got paid $80!! WOOT, WOOT! Paid for my DL park ticket upgrade!! I am super psyched!

I was so hungry when I got home.... thank goodness there was leftover split pea soup. It was DELICIOUS! I am showered and fed and feeling like I really accomplished something! I do still need to vacuum and fold some laundry, but the house is fairly clean otherwise, so I can relax later! Just need to figure out what we are having for dinner since DS's girlfriend will be here. She is kind of a picky eater. She like it when I served the baked potatoes topped with cheese (she didn't want the broccoli) so I think that is what I will offer them again tonight.

Off to throw on some clean sweatpants before they all get home! Can't be caught sitting in my robe at 2:45 in the afternoon..... it just doesn't look good! ;) .......................P

QOTD. Last time we were there we had a good breakfast and a good dinner and then snack in the middle of the day. Our favorites are dole whips, popcorn (especially if there is a really cool bucket), Mickey bars and chocolate covered bananas.

How has your Directive changed over the last month?

When I really think about it the directive that is changing the most for me is getting up early and getting active. I am not a morning person love my sleep! For years anytime a friend would suggest I go walking with them in the morning I would say no way, way to early for me and I have to get the kids ready for school. But then after work I am tired and have excuses there as well. But this month I have been making the effort to get up early and join a friend a couple of times a week to paddle and do a beach/park workout I am enjoying that part of the morning actually. The kids are old enough now that I can slip out and leave them to wake up and then start making their breakfast, get dressed etc. until I get back. This morning (Sunday morning here) I woke at 6 then DD mysteriously woke up early too (so not like here) she got a new bike for her birthday so while the boys were still asleep I suggested her and I go for a bike ride together - we were gone about an hour - I did need a couple of rest stops lol - but I did it - all of this is definitely a new directive for me.

I can slowly see my lifestyle changing. And the scale is reflecting that as well-- yippee! I have NOT been 100% on target with exercise and eating, but I am slowly learning where to draw the line between sometimes and always foods.

I can totally relate to this @LadyMarie while I still slip with food I definitely feel that overall I am doing better.

Favourite things on our trip were Corn Dogs, Mickey Waffles, Chocolate pastry twist, Mini Churros with chocolate dipping sauce, ice cream (it was so hot when we went to DL) yummmmm

One more day to go ....... good luck with your goals everyone.

QOTW - Favorite Disney snacks include (but are not limited to): Dole Whips, Mickey Premium Bars, Seasonal Cupcakes, Cream Cheese filled pretzels and corn dogs! I only eat that way when I'm in Disney, promise!

Hi friends!! Shaping up to be a decent day here! Currently 44° and sunny. I'm fairly well caught up on laundry (except for one quilt that the cat got sick on yesterday... :( ) so not much to hang out on the line. And it is still a bit too cold to wash the car....although I am tempted. So I guess I must walk/run for my exercise today.

Would like to knock out one last big cleaning project, since this is my last day of school vacation week. I think it will be the kids' bathroom closet. It mostly just needs to be straightened up and organized on the top two shelves. Other than that it is fine. I have some plastic drawer units in the attic leftover from my scrapbooking PURGE of last year. I think I could pull down one or two and put them on the shelves to help organize the stuff.

Also plan to pack up and PRE-TRACK my lunches for every day this week! Talk about making life easier! Not currently scheduled to work every day, but you know that can change in a snap! And I did my meal planning for dinners in my mind when I shopped, but didn't fill out the "What's for Dinner?" chart, so I need to do that today.

Off to be productive..............P

It is beautiful here in jersey but I feel like a cold is coming on. I have some sewing that need to be done for Monday night. I have to do some work for Monday's classes. Dinner is homemade chicken noodle soup.

The next two weeks are getting ready for the spring show. We have some things to finish and 6 fancy hats to do.

...I was just wondering? I haven't been active in this thread much lately and didn't know if I'd missed a link to it. Sorry.

Sorry, I definitely overreacted there. I'm just a little annoyed at myself for being behind schedule, so I guess I transferred that annoyance to you. I'm sorry.
But the thread is up now (see link in the post above), and I hope we see you there!

Note not related to ANYTHING but Disney Parks:

Rumors are spreading that ticket prices for all levels of tickets, including annual passes, will increase on SUNDAY. If you haven't already done so, please please please go buy your tickets for any upcoming trips you may have.

This is the THIRD price increase I've encountered in 12 months -- and sadly this is the one that will price me out of an annual pass. Spoke to the husband tonight and we're not renewing the Premier pass we have. Once we expire in November we're not going back to Disneyland for a very long time and will only visit Disney World once per year during our annual christmas trip.

it breaks my heart - been a passholder since 1994 and I've finally had enough. Too many people, not enough attractions open due to construction, and Star Wars land won't make it any better at Disneyland (really - it's going to make it even busier). When there's a depreciating level of enjoyment due to all of these factors, it just means that it's time.

::sigh:: I am so bummed.

That was me last year. We let our APs to WDW expire in April of 2015. I had one since August of 1993. It was sad, but the pricing just wasn't worth it anymore. I also think we will be doing fewer trips, or if still multiple trips, they will be shorter trips. Just frustrated with a lot of changes, and feel like the value across the board, tickets, park experience, food, is not what it used to be. When I had a waiter at Artist Point last week telling me over and over again what an amazing deal my $49 filet was I knew I had had it. Thats the standard price at Disney, and for the size and quality, it is not a great deal compared to other high end steakhouses I've had equally good meals at.

Sorry I have been MIA this week here. I have been crazy busy since returning from WDW midweek. I completed the Glass Slipper Challenge. Enjoyed the 5k and 10k, but I did not have a great half. My knee (IT band syndrome) started bothering me really bad, and I had digestive troubles for the first time ever while running. I tried to turn it around and tell myself I'd slow down, enjoy the atmosphere and get lots of great pictures, and thats what I did. But, for some reason, when it was over, I was really upset. My time was seconds over 3 hours. For some reason that was a mental thing for me. I just couldn't believe it took me that long. PLEASE understand, I know that is a great time for some people, but for where I am in my training, it was a downer. Totally not judging others peoples times. I refused to stay and get champagne like I normally do, and I didn't even take finish pictures with my family. Basically, I acted like a disappointed toddler. I now realize taking into account the time spent in the bathroom, three stops at medical stations and picture stops, my time was actually probably not as bad as I was thinking, but I just was hung up on being over 3 hours in the moment of the finish.

I overate like crazy to fuel my frustration and sadness. So, despite earlier losses, I am ending February right where I started. 136. 0% progress.

I have also decided I think I am done with that PHM weekend for a while. I just have had enough of that course. I would like to try the Wine and Dine or Star Wars races since they have different courses. But if I had to pick one, I'd go back to DL for a race, because that Avengers series of races was my favorite yet.

Sorry, I definitely overreacted there. I'm just a little annoyed at myself for being behind schedule, so I guess I transferred that annoyance to you. I'm sorry.
But the thread is up now (see link in the post above), and I hope we see you there!

No worries. It happens. We're only human. :goodvibes

Got home from my all day crop of scrapbooking and went straight back out the door to get my walk in. I couldn't remember what I needed to hit my goal but I got back with a 4.3km walk and thought I would be a couple of points short but no dead on 60k/60k! I was so happy and suprised I reached my 100% for the month. On to March I go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter