Finally!! No longer "wanna-be-dvc"!!

MARY-IN-OH

DIS Veteran
Everything is completed!! Now that my points are in the system and I have made my first reservation, it finally feels real!!

I purchased where I want to stay most, at OKW (not extended) and I am very happy with my purchase:

Resale TTS w/Magic Vacation Title - (highly recommended). 150 pts at $70/pt. with 76 avail for 09. Sept use year. Took 23 days to pass ROFR, not too bad. Seller pays 09 MF. Buyer pays closing. Closed Friday afternoon 7/10, and called MS Tuesday 7/14 and points were available, and MS walked me through all the info I needed to get set up on the member website as well.

Booked first trip with my own points for Sept 9-13, 2009!! Was hoping for 1BR STD at BWV (Standard view was available a few weeks ago), but did manage 1BR Pool/Garden, used more points than I wanted to (borrowed some from next year) but I'll get over it. (I do have a waitlist, but will make sure it's canceled at 31 days out - I'm learning about points in holding and all that fun stuff).

Thanks to everyone for helping me with questions along the way! (I'm sure I'll have more questions for ya too!). Can't believe I am an "owner" now, and not a "renter"
Thanks everyone! :yay::woohoo::cool1::banana:
Mary

Congratulations!! party:

Making that 1st reservation makes it so real, doesn't it!!
Now, you must share what Magic Vacation Title is.

pixiedust: Welcome Home! pixiedust:

Congrats on OKW, what a great choice, also my personal favorite resort! Enjoy your upcoming vacation!

Congratulations!! party:

Making that 1st reservation makes it so real, doesn't it!!
Now, you must share what Magic Vacation Title is.

Thanks!
Oh- Magic Vacation Title is the title company who handles the closing for the resale broker (Timeshare Store). Nancy was terrific! (and so was Robert at the timeshare store!).
-mary

Congratulations! Sounds like everything went smoothly with your resale purchase.....enjoy your new points and your upcoming vacations!! :goodvibes

Congratulations!! I'm jealous...I'm currently in the ROFR process on a 50 point resale at OKW. Hopefully I will be right behind you in the process! :)

Welcome Home!!!!:cool1: Get used to that borrowing thing. It's habit forming. Just like buying more points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!