Finally got our add on BWV points through Disney

chris1gill

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Well, we'd been waiting patiently & were first on the BWV September use year list for a LONG time... I actually started calling 13 months ago looking for an add on... Apparently not many September points come back for whatever reason...

Anyways, got a call yesterday from our guide & spoke with her this morning (Thanks Michelle)... We got our 50 points!!! (All they got back were 55 points)

Hmm now what to do with the extra points...

Congratulations.
I have been thinking about adding on at BWV, what is the current rate? Is it $75, any MB apply to add-ons?

Hi BillPA, It was 75 per point, and MB was only 5.00... not enough for me to actually consider losing first years points (which went back to last September....)

If you have a September use year, you'll be waiting a long time... December & August seem to come up most often....

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a June use year. I better call and get on a wait list, I didn't know they were still doing that. Thanks again.

Congratulations, chris1gill! I've seen a few of your posts mentioning that you were on the waiting list for BWV add-on points. My name came up successfully on that same list about a year ago, so I know what a thrill it is to get that phone call you've been hoping for. I've been rooting for you! ;)

Now I'm back on the BWV waiting list for add-ons (Dec. use year) as of 2 months ago. In the meantime, I've done a BCV add-on. In fact, just Fed-Exed the paperwork in today. But I told my guide to keep me on the waiting list for BWV. I'll have to do some thinking now on whether I'm already maxed out on points from an affordability standpoint, or whether I'll bite the bullet one last time if my name comes up on the list. Decision, decisions! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm so glad you got those points! Enjoy using them! :)

Chris- Congratulations!!!! I know you've been waiting a long time, glad to hear your patience paid off! Enjoy:) :)

Thanks Kem & Travelbug!! Must've had enough Pixie Dust coming my way to finally get my wish!! I can HONESTLY say I think we're done buying points.... I might think about an add on at Eagle Pines when it eventually becomes available... I'm not sure though, I think we're maxed out at 300 points... That's certainly more than I thought we'd ever buy, but then I never thought I'd be slave to the school vacation schedule (and higher point requirements) either!!!

Travelbug, with a December use year it shouldn't take too long for your name to come up... I don't know what the heck happened to us September people!

Course, that brings me to my next question... (or point) Disney just sold me these points at 75.00 per point.... They sold them once before for at least 50.00 after any MB was applied... Why doesn't Disney get into the resale of points? It's a huge profit for them... Sell them at current market rate & get a grand from the seller for fees...?? Just doesn't make sense that Disney wouldn't want to resell these themselves...

My guess, Chris, (and its only a guess) is that the volume of points that Disney has come up for lucky guys like you is not significant enough for them to get into that business.

My understanding is that they come upon these points mainly through those who default on their dues.

The resellers out there are really just brokering a sale between two parties, not selling "their" points, with probably a few exceptions.

JMHO

Congratulations!

chris1gill,

Congratulations! We have a September use year at VWL, and I would love to do an add-on at BWV.

Did you specifically request a September use year? Or can you take the points on a "first available" basis? I'm not crazy about the idea of juggling two use years, but if it substantially cuts down the wait, I might reconsider.

Also, you mentioned that DVC got back 55 points. Were you allowed to buy 50, or did you have to buy the whole 55?

During your 13 months on the waitlist, did you regularly check-in with your guide about your status on the list?

Hi DVCCinderella... When you do an add-on through Disney, you have to stick with your current use year... unless you buy 150 new points in a new contract (then you can get whatever month is available)... Since I only took 50 of the 55 points, the remaining 5 points are sitting silent at the moment... As soon as they get 20 more points, they can sell the add-on of 25 points to the next person in line.... I think my guide said she had the first 3 people on the list waiting for September BWV's add-ons... but she has 8 total... I guess I called her probably 3 times or so during the 13 months... the last time we were hopeful, was during the time last summer when they did the lottery... but, as it turned out, only 120 points were available even then... those points went to the first two people on the lottery list back then... somewhere around last September or October, they finally formalized an official list for people waiting... up til then, the names & date of request was kept by each guide.... so I don't know how efficient that was... At least that's what I think my guide said about that timeframe, it's been a while since we talked about it....

Congratulations Chris,

This is great news. We went on the list last week for December use year points at BWV. We hope to get 100 but I'd be thrilled with 50.

I didn't know there was a wait-list still for BWV until I read the messages on this thread. Just called my guide and he put my on the list, I am an April use year. He did say there was not much hope, but I already own at OKW, VB, VWL, & BCI so why not try for BWV? Thanks for the info!

Hi Scrooge,

Glad to be of help! Your guide might not think there's much hope of getting an add on, but if you stay on the list long enough, the points will surely get to you eventually!!! It all depends how many people are ahead of you on the waitlist, you can ask that information, that will give you an idea of how long it *might* take... although we were first on the list & still waited a long time...

I must be one of those 8 still waiting. Last August I requested to be added to the Sept use year list at BWV. Still waiting.......

Thanks for the update, I have been watching your posts over this time.

I think I was ninth on the list, so I must have moved up! :D Patience, patience... :) If it ever happens, it WILL be worth the wait.

Awww, I'm sorry Lampy & MdmMim, but you're right MdmMim, you've moved up at least one spot!! Maybe in the past month they got some points? One good bit of news for you Dean (from this board) put in a request to buy some BWV points with a September use year & Disney used their right of refusal on that one... so Disney got at least 200 BWV points to go with the 5 that I left... so you've likely moved up further on the list!

Congratulations Chris!
This is great news! I also want an add on and would prefer it to be at BWV and my same use year, so I will be calling my guide Monday morning. I guess I will be wayyyyyy down on the list but one can always hope!!!!

Originally posted by lampy
I must be one of those 8 still waiting. Last August I requested to be added to the Sept use year list at BWV. Still waiting.......

Last August?! :eek: I guess my hopes for hearing about a BWV add-on before the June 1st increase are out the window.

I am also on the waitlist for a September use year at BWV, but I only put my name on the list last month. I've considered doing an add-on at BCV before the price increase, if BWV doesn't come through. But I really would prefer BWV :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter