Finally gonna do a RunDisney event, Semi-Live TR Feb 2019

Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by KathyM2, Nov 29, 2018.

1. KathyM2

KathyM2 DIS Veteran

We've been pretty lazy (that's really what vacay is for lol) these past couple of days.

My DD has a play at school coming up soon after we get back from vacay, and the teacher JUST emailed us right before we left for holidays that the kids have to have their costumes ready three days after we get back!!! UGH!! My DD (and I) are not at all enthused about having to run around looking for stuff on vacay. The good news...they are doing the Little Mermaid! My DD has two parts, one is one of Ariel's sisters so she needs a mermaid costume...that she can actually walk in. This would be easy if it was October but sadly...Party City doesn't have a huge selection in March!! The other part is a non speaking part of Ariel before she gets her voice back but is apparently wearing a wedding dress. We went to Goodwill and found a lacy dress for $7 that is gonna have to do. Still not entirely sure what we are gonna do about the mermaid sisters outfit...any thoughts welcome!

Last night no one felt like going out so we ordered food on Door Dash from Cheesecake Factory!! Yum!!! I got this pasta with shrimp scampi which was delish, plus the Banana Cream Cheesecake, also delish!

Today we did some more costume hunting and lounging around!! We ARE SO exciting lol. Tonight we are going out for dinner to RACKS in Mizner Park. It's this cute little area with a lot of outdoor restaurants and such. We usually bring our dogs because they let them sit with you if you get a patio table, so that's the plan.

Steppesister and DonnaBeeGood like this.
  2. pkondz

pkondz . . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky

Oy! Good luck!

Yay! And... should have some options there, no?

Check out Amazon? Do you have Prime? Bit more $$$ though.

Sounds yummy. :)

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. DonnaBeeGood

DonnaBeeGood I'm All About The Princesses!

Good luck on the costume search! You can always take up crocheting and try to make one of those fancy mermaid blankets :)

[​IMG]

Also saw somewhere on the DIS that Touring plans rated our MK day at a 10/10 - no wonder we got stuck in the fireworks that night!

5. KathyM2

KathyM2 DIS Veteran

OMG you are genius!! I don't crochet but actually my mom bought us one of these a few years ago when my DD was obsessed with Ariel and it's been stuffed in a closet...if I can find it this might actually do the trick!!

So at least there was a reason lol..that was really insane!

And @pkondz good idea re: Amazon Prime...we do have it and since we'll be in the US for another week it may even arrive on time lol

DonnaBeeGood likes this.
  6. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

My 10K last January was the first (and only!) I've ever done, and I didn't train enough (read: at all). Because of the incredible runDisney atmosphere and running through the park, it too went by SO fast! I did not feel exhausted, as I thought I might, and I literally was sad I hadn't signed up for the half and full when I crossed the finish line. You can definitely do it!!! :)

7. pkondz

You're welcome. :)

8. KathyM2

KathyM2 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the vote of confidence!! Actually I have done a couple of halfs but have been battling one injury after another so that is why I only signed up for the 5K this time around. It seems like every time one injury heals I get another one...ugh.

You're useful that way lol Also love online shopping when in the US...you can get pretty much anything and fast too lol and usually with free shipping!!

9. pkondz

:laughing:

10. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

:goodvibes

So sorry to hear it. I hope it worked out in the end!

11. KathyM2

KathyM2 DIS Veteran

HI everyone! It's been a fun few days of vacay...but nothing as exciting as Disney to report on so haven't said much lol.

Highlights of the past few days...

My son, age 16, has been going to school in Utah..that's a long story for another day. But anyway, he has joined us in South Florida for a few days which has been nice. We went to the beach and the Deerfield Beach Pier which is always fun to watch a revolving cast of characters fishing and such. There's a great view from the pier of the beach and surrounding area as well as of course, out to see where you can often see the cruise ships off in the distance.

Last night we went to see Captain Marvel at the Ipic theatre. This place is an amazing experience. Every time we come to South Florida we make a point of hitting this movie theatre no matter if there is any movie worth seeing or not, because it's just an experience. They have basically Lazy-Boy seating, with roomy comfy seats that recline, and they have pillows and blankets. Then the sweeten the deal by having food and drinks available to order while you eat, as well as unlimited popcorn. And all that for less than it costs to see a movie at a regular theatre back home in Toronto. So that took care of dinner last night. I had this cesar salad but it was cool the way it was presented - basically the long romaine leaves and long crouton type crackers sticking out of a bowl of dressing so you could eat it while watching the movie!! A bit of a challenge not to spill the dressing on your lap, but pretty tasty!

Today we are planning to go to Gumbo Limbo, a cute little nature reserve nearby where they have sea turtle rescues and other critters.

Raeven likes this.
  12. DonnaBeeGood

DonnaBeeGood I'm All About The Princesses!

Sounds like you are having some great R&R!

13. pkondz

Nice that he could join you. :)

hmmm...

a cast of characters...
    [​IMG]

casting for fish...
    [​IMG]

wearing casts...
    [​IMG]

Sorry...
    I had to get that out of my system.

It was cast in stone.

Whoa! Nice!! The pillows and blankets are a nice touch.

I envisioned the turtles doing the limbo. Then again, how hard could it be?
    upload_2019-3-18_18-19-46.jpeg

14. KathyM2

KathyM2 DIS Veteran

Thanks Donna!! Yes, we are! It has been a relaxing mix of fun outings, lounging around, and also packing up the house!!

It was really nice. I'm glad that for his visit the weather was mostly cooperative too. Now it's pouring rain.

Ha!! Seriously though...the people on the pier are a pretty varied mix of individuals. Some serious fishermen with these crazy tackle boxes (and equally crazy attire), tourists and locals...and just oddballs

Ha!! The name Gumbo Limbo does kind of bring on some images lol. They actually have a pretty cool little turtle rescue operation there, and the FAU students get to take care of the turtles. We talked to one of the students who was doing his masters and he gets to go diving and help with rescues and stuff...I was hoping it might inspire my children...not sure if it worked...

DonnaBeeGood likes this.
  15. pkondz

Get that dome up!

Sounds like a fun place to people watch

That sounds interesting as heck! I know I would've been inspired!