Mini TR for another Boston Road Trip - updated Nov 22

Isn't that lucky? I was too shy to meet up with @ariane37 last time and I regret that, so I decided I better be a bit more outgoing!
I have been a horrible DIS friend and have not read @KathyM2's PTR, but of course now I'm here lol. @DonnaBeeGood it's weird meeting up with DIS'ers in the beginning but it's almost always awesome afterwards! Now I need to go back to the beginning and see exactly when you guys are there because Steve and I are going down on Monday the 18th for a quick 3 night trip. You may have just screwed yourself into having to meet me by tagging me :rotfl2:

I can see how that would be. I've never done a cruise. Not even gonna lie and say I'd know what to bring!

Yeah, cruises can require a lot of stuff...if you are into dressing up for formal nights etc, which I'm not really, but still want to look presentable lol.

Call out the Army!!!

OMG is that a little dig on our fair city lol? I get it...and today...yeah we might need them, it's pretty awful out there!

I always worry more about trying to stuff more in coming home.

Yeah that could be a problem, I definitely want to save room in case of spontaneous Disney souveniers, I don't usually buy much but there's the race expo which is new to me this time and I know I will be very tempted!

I hope they are wrong as well!! Crossed fingers for you!

And... how on earth did I miss this that you were going with @DonnaBeeGood ?! How incredibly fun, you two!

YESSS!! I'm so excited!! Actually it's funny because I usually have a hard time keeping track of who will be where, but I actually booked @DonnaBeeGood for her trip with my TA hat lol so when I planned my trip I remembered that she was going to be there and it worked out well!

Isn't that lucky? I was too shy to meet up with @ariane37 last time and I regret that, so I decided I better be a bit more outgoing!

@ariane37 is super nice but I totally get it. It took a deep breath for me to walk up to her on a Disney bus and say hello, but I'm so glad I did lol

I have one pin that I trade, the rest are all my beloved princesses or villains. It's my poor Aurora shoe pin that may be lost, oops - but maybe it will bring someone else some needed pixie dust!

Gotcha. I decided to put a few on my lanyard and threw it in the ever expanding suitcase.

Now I need to go back to the beginning and see exactly when you guys are there because Steve and I are going down on Monday the 18th for a quick 3 night trip. You may have just screwed yourself into having to meet me by tagging me :rotfl2:

OMG!!! I will be there from afternoon Feb 19 to morning on Friday Feb 22!!! @DonnaBeeGood and I planned to do DS afternoon on the 19th...then 20th is MK (for me anyway and I think Donna is joining me for some of that? :)) and then Feb 21 morning is race expo for me, then EP in afternoon evening for some rides and EIFOTA FOOOOOD and I think Donna will be with me for that too or at least some!! Would be SO MUCH FUN if it works to meet up!!

Yeah, cruises can require a lot of stuff...if you are into dressing up for formal nights etc, which I'm not really, but still want to look presentable lol.

So... torn jeans, ripped T and flip flops are a “no” then?

OMG is that a little dig on our fair city lol? I get it...and today...yeah we might need them, it's pretty awful out there!

:rolleyes1

Good luck with the digging out!

So... torn jeans, ripped T and flip flops are a “no” then?

Actually with two formal nights I'm almost tempted to skip one and stay in my flip flops and have room service lol. I'm not really a fan of dressing up. But they might have lobster so...might suck it up and put on a dress lol

:rolleyes1

Good luck with the digging out!

Yeah we'll be digging for a while. It's now turned into freezing rain that hurts your face. Ugh. But I know rarely can we complain to YOU about weather lol.

Actually with two formal nights I'm almost tempted to skip one and stay in my flip flops and have room service lol. I'm not really a fan of dressing up. But they might have lobster so...might suck it up and put on a dress lol

One may do a great deal when lobster is involved.

Yeah we'll be digging for a while. It's now turned into freezing rain that hurts your face

Yuck. Hard pass on that one.

But I know rarely can we complain to YOU about weather lol.

So make the most of this moment!

:laughing:

It's 9 days until WDW for me...squeeeee!! Although to be honest, I've really been too busy to think about it all that much! It's actually in a way good that this solo trip kind of requires less planning because I haven't had much time to do it!!
And now only six days, I bet you are excited!!!!

Because I'm doing a 5K at WDW, and doing a couple park days...then going on a cruise...the packing thing is stressing me out a bit. I need all kinds of STUFF. I kind of took a crack at it this weekend, throwing everything I think I may need into a suitcase that I thought it would fit in and...yeah that ain't happening. So...down to the basement to grab a bigger suitcase, which thankfully, I already own lol.
Bigger suitcases are dangerous! I always have great intentions to just take a carry on but then I think of maybe I'll need this or want that. And then I always want to bring several Dooney bags. Plus have room for souvenirs........

We are expecting two giant snowstorms this week here in Toronto - one this Tuesday which doesn't worry me, but longer range they are predicting one for the day of my flight from Toronto to MCO...I am not panicking yet because usually the forecast for over a week out isn't too accurate, but let's hope they are wrong on the timing because I really am hoping for no delays. I want to get checked in and over to DS as quick as I can to meet up with @DonnaBeeGood for some eats :)) Crossing my fingers that it won't be an issue.
Hope your flight is smooth and hassle free! Can you believe TDSB actually closed schools?? Good for them! Up here in York region ,our buses were cancelled but schools were open. :(

One may do a great deal when lobster is involved.

Right?? I know I would. I may have to check the menu first and see if it's worth putting on lipstick for lol

So make the most of this moment!

:laughing:

Damn right. It's even worse out today than yesterday, so much snow and big puddles of icy slush everywhere. I got soaked up to the armpits while standing on the corner waiting for the light to change and the cars were racing past.

And now only six days, I bet you are excited!!!!

I am!!! I'm excited really to just not have to put on ten layers to go outside, and to feel warm!!

And then I always want to bring several Dooney bags. Plus have room for souvenirs........

YAAAS room for souvenirs. That's the important bit right there.

Can you believe TDSB actually closed schools?? Good for them! Up here in York region ,our buses were cancelled but schools were open. :(

No. This is the first snow day in my kids' lifetimes, and even longer than that actually. Especially because when you live right in the city a lot of kids walk to school and there aren't a lot of busses, but I do feel for the staff who still always have to try to get there.

Lol - I'm brave now, just not photogenic!

Well that's something! But I'm sure you are more photogenic than you think lol. @ariane37 and I texted and I think we are going to try to RD MK on Feb 20, I think you were planning to come join me for some FP's that day right? So if you are up early, maybe we can all meet at the welcome show or something!

Right?? I know I would. I may have to check the menu first and see if it's worth putting on lipstick for lol

Lobster is worth putting lipstick on.
Heck, you buy me lobster and I'll put on lipstick!

Damn right. It's even worse out today than yesterday, so much snow and big puddles of icy slush everywhere. I got soaked up to the armpits while standing on the corner waiting for the light to change and the cars were racing past.

Wait... You got sprayed by passing cars!?!? :eek:

Well that's something! But I'm sure you are more photogenic than you think lol. @ariane37 and I texted and I think we are going to try to RD MK on Feb 20, I think you were planning to come join me for some FP's that day right? So if you are up early, maybe we can all meet at the welcome show or something!
YES! I hope to meet with both of you on the 20th (which fyi IS MY BIRTHDAY) party:@DonnaBeeGood!

Lobster is worth putting lipstick on.
Heck, you buy me lobster and I'll put on lipstick!

Awesome, I'd like to see that lol

Wait... You got sprayed by passing cars!?!? :eek:

Yeah, as they splashed through puddles of icy slush. Not fun.

YES! I hope to meet with both of you on the 20th (which fyi IS MY BIRTHDAY) party:@DonnaBeeGood!

Awesome!!! We can eat some birthday treats with you and celebrate lol Have you planned what foods you will eat that day? I know I would be doing that lol

Ours will be too for you!

Thanks!!! I can't believe it's almost here!

I don't have much news regarding my own upcoming trip, but as some of you know, I now work P/T as a travel agent. I booked a new client on a Disney trip a few weeks ago...and she is heading there soon!! When she initially contacted me saying she wanted to book for February (and it was already less than a month out!!!) you all know, inside I was dying...a million thoughts in my head (such as: seriously??? It's already waaaay past FP+ day, and dining reservations? Forget it, and what? You don't even know what you want to do lol)

I tried to maintain outward calm and told her of course I can help her with her Disney trip!! She ended up booking at the BW. So then as soon as she booked I was all "OK so, you gotta set up MDE and start booking this and that and figure out what days you wanna go where"....and all while trying not to overwhelm her and make her regret her decision. She came in to see me and I really had to bite my tongue. I asked her if I could help her set everything up. We got it so her MDE account was working, and I explained about booking FP+ and dining etc....and then she calmly said "nah...that's ok...I will try to get to it this weekend" In my head I was SCREAMING "Your trip is 8 days OUT are you KIDDING ME, you'll try to get to it THIS WEEKEND????!!!" But I controlled myself and said "ok, you just let me know if you want any help"

I'm sure she will figure it all out (and maybe not get everything she would have wanted to do....) but it will be fine...HOWEVER I have a feeling that the moment she will discover that she may actually want my help will be...when I'm on the plane heading to WDW or actually AT THE PARKS lol. I tried right? @ariane37 I'm sure you have tons of stories like this right?

Anyway...in other news...am finally taking some time to pack and try to get organized. My toiletry bag is the size of a small suitcase, kidding (sort of) because you know, I'm going on a cruise and have every possible seasickness medication out there JUST IN CASE as well as everything I may need for the race JUST IN CASE and lots of other crap too. So far everything fits in the suitcase, just hope it isn't too heavy.
Have pretty much finalized all the plans for the kids and the dog and the house while I'm gone, so that's a relief. Now just need to finish up a few more things this weekend and it's almost go time!

I have been looking at the EIFOTA website and reviews and such, and it seems there is a lot more too it than FOOD. Who knew? As usual I wish I was going to have more time to really experience more of that. I'm only going to have really just over a half day at Epcot, and that will be mostly consumed likely with eating lol. But hopefully will be able to squeeze in a few rides and see whatever happens to be going on while I stroll around WS.

Very excited that now I'll get to hang a bit both with @ariane37 AND @DonnaBeeGood ! I just love DisMeets.

That's all for now!!

I don't have much news regarding my own upcoming trip, but as some of you know, I now work P/T as a travel agent. I booked a new client on a Disney trip a few weeks ago...and she is heading there soon!! When she initially contacted me saying she wanted to book for February (and it was already less than a month out!!!) you all know, inside I was dying...a million thoughts in my head (such as: seriously??? It's already waaaay past FP+ day, and dining reservations? Forget it, and what? You don't even know what you want to do lol)

I tried to maintain outward calm and told her of course I can help her with her Disney trip!! She ended up booking at the BW. So then as soon as she booked I was all "OK so, you gotta set up MDE and start booking this and that and figure out what days you wanna go where"....and all while trying not to overwhelm her and make her regret her decision. She came in to see me and I really had to bite my tongue. I asked her if I could help her set everything up. We got it so her MDE account was working, and I explained about booking FP+ and dining etc....and then she calmly said "nah...that's ok...I will try to get to it this weekend" In my head I was SCREAMING "Your trip is 8 days OUT are you KIDDING ME, you'll try to get to it THIS WEEKEND????!!!" But I controlled myself and said "ok, you just let me know if you want any help"

OMG. Well... she'll either learn, or not.

Anyway...in other news...am finally taking some time to pack and try to get organized. My toiletry bag is the size of a small suitcase, kidding (sort of) because you know, I'm going on a cruise and have every possible seasickness medication out there JUST IN CASE as well as everything I may need for the race JUST IN CASE and lots of other crap too. So far everything fits in the suitcase, just hope it isn't too heavy. Have pretty much finalized all the plans for the kids and the dog and the house while I'm gone, so that's a relief. Now just need to finish up a few more things this weekend and it's almost go time!

Sounds like you're getting all organized. :)

OMG. Well... she'll either learn, or not.

Yup!! I just hope that she doesn't decided to not plan at all and then come back and complain that the lines were too long and they didn't get to do everything they wanted to do. But I tried!

Sounds like you're getting all organized. :)

As much as possible!! Pretty much just have to organize my carry on and last minute toiletries to add to the suitcase!!

Yes, me and my sparkle hat will be there!

Can't wait to see that!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!