Finally Found Folks Like Me

Pluto1976

Mouseketeer
Greetings All,

Having some extra time tonight with the holiday tommorow I finally got around to registering on this site even though I have been reading these forums for the last 6 months ever since my fiance and I found them after we decided to get married in WDW, but more about that later.

I figured I would give you guys/gals a quick intro. about me and how my inner "Disney Dork" was awoken again this past October during a family trip with my now fiance and soon to-be stepdaughter. So if your interested read on, if not I am sure will chat in a thread in the future.:)

I traveled to WDW 4 times from the time I was 8 to the time I was 17 with my parents and other family members. I'll make my stay summary quick so as not to bore anyone. Our first stay was at the Polynesian Village Resort (back when it was called that). I had the usual childhood experience during this stay and was sad to leave. Advancing forward a few years we returned and stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort for a family trip. During this trip was when my Uncle, whom was a huge Disney fan, explained to me the idea of "The Magic of Disney".

He explained to me how Walt Disney himself came up with the idea of WDW after building Disneyland and how he quietly bought up the "Florida site". Additionally, how WDW does not have employees they have Cast Members, how guests are not allowed Backstage, and how the guests are the most integral part of the show and what EPCOT stood for and etc....... After this talk, my interest and amazement definitely increased in WDW.

I visited WDW two more times after that until the age of 17, however, I had lost some of the interest in my wonderment of WDW. It was still there but college came to the foreground of my world and all of the activities associated with it along with other vacation spots like Myrtle Beach.

If you guys are still reading upto this point, Thanks! :laughing: I am gonna do a quick wrap-up now.

Well my fiance (DF) convinced me to begrudgingly give up my annual Myrtle Beach trip this past October and have both our parents, her daughter, and us take a Disney vacation. To say I gave her a hard time would be an understatement! She might even reply to this thread to say so. LOL Well we returned in late October and I had the best vacation I have ever had!!

While watching the video on the Magical Express while in route to WDW all of the things that my Uncle had told me during our talk many years ago about the "Magic of Disney" started to return to me and my sense of wonderment opened back up and just continued to increase throughout our week at WDW. During the week I must have told my fiance every single fact that my Uncle had told me years ago and on the bus ride back to the airport I knew that my love of Disney had returned. So when we started to talk about getting married the first and only place I investigated was getting married and honeymooning at Walt Disney World.

After months of planning, our familes, friend, and us will be returning this November for our wedding at Disney's Wedding Pavillion. After they leave we will be staying at the Poly for our honeymoon. My fiance is a regular poster on the Disney Weddings forum so I will post another thread in this forum to our Wedding Planning Journal if anyone is interested in reading it.

Thanks for reading my introductory post.

:grouphug: Welcome!!! So glad you found us!!

There's only one cure for this addiction to the World. . . .

Go and go often.

:goodvibes welcome to the boards and I look forward to reading more! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! :goodvibes

Welcome...and congrats on your upcoming wedding. Like I tell everyone, this is the place to come with ALL of your questions. After finding the Dis Boards, there is no need to go anywhere else. Welcome:thumbsup2

Welcome to the DIS!

Isn't it nice to know that you're not the only one?

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. How exciting!

conreats and welcome. I like you lurked for quite some time before registering.

The first on site hotel I stayed at back in the 70's was also the Poly. Remember the rock slide at the pool/

Lisa

Welcome to the DIS!

Isn't it nice to know that you're not the only one?

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. How exciting!

It's awesome to know there are others out there that appreciate WDW as much as I do. Allot of times you talk to others and they don't understand the allure and magic that comes with Disney.

I think I am gonna have to start a thread for advice on how to answer the question I get from people sometimes, "Your going back to Disney again?". LOL

conreats and welcome. I like you lurked for quite some time before registering.

The first on site hotel I stayed at back in the 70's was also the Poly. Remember the rock slide at the pool/

Lisa

Unfortunately, during my first visit there we were so busy seeing everything we did not get to the Poly pool so no rock slide for me. But you can believe while honeymooning at the Poly next November were going to find the pool and me being a bid kid will be using the slide. LOL :cool1:

I never thought in a million years that my DF (you) would be so enthusiastic and interested in WDW...let alone be posting on DISboards! I have to say that I super happy I somehow pushed aside all that crap you gave me and got you on that plane! I couldn't be happier...marrying my prince in the happiest place on earth :goodvibes

I never thought in a million years that my DF (you) would be so enthusiastic and interested in WDW...let alone be posting on DISboards! I have to say that I super happy I somehow pushed aside all that crap you gave me and got you on that plane! I couldn't be happier...marrying my prince in the happiest place on earth :goodvibes

Thanks for getting me back in touch with my long lost fondness for Disney Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!