Finally Closed!!!

THKlovesDisney

Earning My Ears
Wow...what I thought was going to be a painless process got very long at the end.

130 SSR (Oct UY) $57 All 2012 and 2013 points - split closing and MF

Here is our timeline:
Sept 5th - Made Offer
Sept 6th - Offer Accepted
Sept 7th - Received Contract (after 5 p.m.)
Sept 8th - Faxed and Emailed Contract Back
Sept 15th - Seller Returns Contract
Sept 18th - Contract sent to Disney
Oct 16th - Passed ROFR
Oct 18th - Received Closing Docs
Oct 19th - Mailed back Closing Docs
Wait wait wait some more
Oct 30th - Seller claims to send back docs
Nov 8th - Learn that the Seller was actually overseas doing all the paperwork - first we learned of this
Nov 9th - Got an email from broker that we closed
Nov 12th - Recorded on website

Now more waiting until we get letter from Disney and book for next year.

We are heading to Disney on December 6th and are hopeful we will be in the system by then to utilize the PAP.

Happy to be SSR Owners!!!!

Very happy for you.

But I threw up in my mouth just a little bit. You see, just 5 short years ago, I paid $83 per point for SSR

Very happy for you.
But I threw up in my mouth just a little bit. You see, just 5 short years ago, I paid $83 per point for SSR

I can beat that... bought in 2010 BLT direct from Disney for $120 per point...closed last month BLT via resale $85 per point... :duck:

Congrats to the OP, doing an over seas resale can be a real pain but yours seems to have worked out fine. Some go months waiting for the closing papers from the soon to be former owners.

I can beat that... bought in 2010 BLT direct from Disney for $120 per point...closed last month BLT via resale $85 per point... :duck:

That does make you a little sick, huh. Here's a :grouphug: for us. I think I'll start a support group....

rock_doctor said:
Congrats to the OP, doing an over seas resale can be a real pain but yours seems to have worked out fine. Some go months waiting for the closing papers from the soon to be former owners.

Had I known at the beginning it was a seller from overseas, I would have expected this timeline...all the docs said Tennessee, so I was stumped until I learned the overseas part. Anywho...I continue to wait for the letter. :)

rock_doctor said:
I can beat that... bought in 2010 BLT direct from Disney for $120 per point...closed last month BLT via resale $85 per point... :duck:.

I would like to buy BLT in a few years, so maybe it will come down even more by the time I am ready to add on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter