Finally, as promised, a picture of our new Disney Pin Board!

Great job!

Did you buy pins specifically with the goal of spelling out everyone's names, or just use what you had on hand? That's a cute touch.

Yep - that was a 2009 project! During the winter and spring, I was an ebay fanatic, buying up the letters I needed and trading for some of the ones I needed at the WoD in NYC. Our family birthdays start in June and for everyone's birthdays this year, everyone got "their" pins to spell out their name. To set the names (and the "Walt Disney World") off from the mass of other pins, I made simple little ribbon borders, each hit with a few blasts of "Stiffen Stuff" to freeze it solid.

It was fun chasing down the letters - some are pretty rare (a few very limited ones are from sets given only to Imagineers), some are from DL Paris or Tokyo, and I tried to not have any duplicate pins among the names. I think everyone really likes their pins!

May I just say...... HOLY COW!! That board looks amazing!! :worship: You are definitely a pin queen! I have just a handful that I wear fairly regularly. The kids have maybe 30-40 each that just kind of collect dust in their rooms (although DS's are hung on a ribbon). But we have NOTHING like that quantity, I'm sure.

I did buy a stretch canvas many months ago with the thought that maybe I would do a display piece for each child's pins to hang in their rooms, but I never did it. Maybe it should be a Valentine's gift?? Your display definitely has me inspired to do something! Thanks for sharing...........P

I LOVE this! You did an amazing job. But it is so not good that I found this post...I now have to hunt for letter pins to do our names! Somehow the DIS is always costing me money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter