Finally, as promised, a picture of our new Disney Pin Board!

PinballFamily

<font color=darkcoral>Yes, I have scrapping suppli
It is a monster! 4' x 6'6" - our old one was 30" x 40" and was so crammed full that we literally couldn't fit on one more pin!

This one has lots of room for growth (since we've got a few more WDW trips planned!) and we're able to have our WDW pressed pennies all around the outside and our Disney antenna toppers along the top.

It is a sheet of slightly-cut down 4' x 8' pegboard, covered with a glued on (Liquid Nails) layer of cork, then finally covered with soft velcro fabric (bought online from www.beaconfabric.com for $18.99/yard). There are plain wood mouldings glued/screwed to the back along all the board edges to make the board about 2" thick. It is heavy (45 lbs.), so it is secured with 100# picture wire to holders screwed into the wall studs.

Each pin is stuck into the board and has one or more tiny adhesive bits of grippy velcro on the back, just to extra-securely hold it in place. The pennies are also held on by bits of adhesive-back velcro. (Bought this at a local fabric shop - sold by the yard.)

We love it!

pinboard.jpg

Wow!! I just love this! I think I have to make a version for myself (much smaller though, I don't have that many pins yet :)) Why did you use pegboard as the base? Any reason?

What a wonderful display you have created!! You have given me some inspiration as I have hundreds of pins in pin bags, and sadly they just aren't as collectible as they were when we were into pin trading. I am going to take many of the less valuable ones and put them on lanyards for my students to trade when we get to WDW, but they have no idea of this. Now you have shown me what I could do with the rest!!!
How long did it take you to complete this board? Thank you so much for sharing, think I might have a new project on the horizon. :idea:

Wow!! I just love this! I think I have to make a version for myself (much smaller though, I don't have that many pins yet :)) Why did you use pegboard as the base? Any reason?

We had one 4' x 8' sheet in the basement and didn't need to buy it! (Cheep...cheep!) It did take the glue nicely and made it easy to glue/screw the back mouldings on. But, it did make the board heavier than it needed to be.

Our previous (smaller) pinboard was made of FoamCor (foamboard) with the Velcro fabric over it and put into a large picture frame we already had. That worked very well, and was very lightweight, but we couldn't easily/cheaply/locally get it in a 4' x 8' size for this larger pin board.

How long did it take you to complete this board? Thank you so much for sharing, think I might have a new project on the horizon. :idea:

I think it took about ten hours all together across three days. Much of the time was spent waiting for glue to dry! Cutting the pegboard and the mouldings didn't take long, laying out the cork didn't take long, and stapling the velcro fabric on didn't take long. Also, it was REALLY in our way - took up most of the living room floor (where I worked on it)! I deliberately did it there so that it would get done and not sit around as another "half-finished" project.

Glad you like it! Thanks for the kind words!

I have to say that I've seen it in person and it is sooooo
great !!

Thanks bunches, but, hey, ain't you gals croppin' today? What are you doing posting?????? :lmao:

We did crop today. Jennifer and I left at three because she
was having people over tonight. I really wanted to stay at
jennifers house and meet her sisters, but dh texted and said
bubba was not feeling well so I went right home. But I'm sure
I'm missing lots of fun at her house!!
I did see my friend Danica today! Have I told you that I love
her??!! She is so sweet.

:)Pam, that is gorgeous. You did a great job on it.

Great job!

Did you buy pins specifically with the goal of spelling out everyone's names, or just use what you had on hand? That's a cute touch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter