Fill Up Asap

Born 2 Fish

I'D RATHER BE FISHING.
A friend of mine is a supervisor for a fuel transit company in the SE. He just told me there will be a BIG hike in prices at 6pm today. So any time now the stores will raise their prices. This is because of Ike and Texas oil production stopping.

Going to fill up everything I can.

Oh, Good Lord!!! I wish this wasn't true...but know it probably is. I guess I'll fill 'er up at $3.61/gallon and hope for the best. I'm down to 1/4 tank anyway. Ugh!

Our DS just called from Golden Gallon they are limiting to 10 gallons.
So something is definitely going on.

Remember if it's 6pm here, EST would be 5pm.

Our DS just called from Golden Gallon they are limiting to 10 gallons.
So something is definitely going on.

Remember if it's 6pm here, EST would be 5pm.

Isn't it the other way around? 6:00 there would be 7:00 here, right?

Glad I filled up the little jetta this mourning. $50 for 12.5 gal. of diesel.

I called DH and told him to fill up on the way home from work. He said one station had went up 20 cents from this morning already. He didn't fill up at that station!

thankfully, it's not a big deal in tampa

Gas has gone up 20 cents but no effect to diesel.

Yes...something must be going on. At 4pm yesterday I filled up at the local RaceTrac across from THD (2nd job) for 3.61/gal. When I left work at 9:30p, same RaceTrac had $3.67/posted on the sign. I wonder what it will be today, and the next, and the next.......

OMG, $3.61 would be a dream, in canada gas just went up .10 a liter this morning making it $1,35 a liter, time 4 to convert to gallons it would be $5.40 a gallon. we cant wait to drive to florida, and get cheap gas all the way.

Karamac- When I lived near the Canadian border (Niagara Falls) back in the early 70's, they sold gas by the "Imperial Gallon", which was greater than the "American Gallon". Canada's gas was cheaper than America's gas back then. They must tax the crap outta you, eh??

Karamac- When I lived near the Canadian border (Niagara Falls) back in the early 70's, they sold gas by the "Imperial Gallon", which was greater than the "American Gallon". Canada's gas was cheaper than America's gas back then. They must tax the crap outta you, eh??

The difference between a New Yorker seeing his CAR being
vandalized & a Canadian seeing HIS car being vandalized is:

The New Yorker will yell "EH!!!! Wot you think yur DOING??"

The Canadian will yell "Wot you think yur doing EH!!???"
:rotfl2:

Gas has gone up 20 cents but no effect to diesel.

In fact it might still be going down. On 8 Sept the Pilot in Harrisburg, Pa had diesel for 399.9 and this A.M. it's down to 392.9. Many the Texas refineries don't process that much diesel, but mainly gas.

Larry

They must tax the crap outta you, eh??

Yup! With GST, HST, PST and the exchange rate, all the border towns are crowded with our Norther Neighbors coming down to save a buck. The malls are littered with bags, discarded clothes, etc, etc because if you wear stuff back there's no duty.

Half the cars in the Outlet Mall in Niagara Falls have Ontario plates - maybe more.

As funny as it sounds, Canadian beer is also a lot cheaper in the States than it is in the Canadian Beer Store! :confused3 TAXES!

Our gas dropped yesterday/last night, from $3.61 to 3.59. :cool1:

I just got back from filling up a little while ago, and the gas station attendant let me know that I made it just in time. At 2pm they are changing their gas prices from 3.59/gal to 4.59/gal according a letter he showed me from the corporate office. I don't know about diesel...I didn't think to ask and it wasn't on the letter. My DH said this morning that the guy at the station where he stopped said that the gas they were buying today was going to cost THEM 4.59/gal and that they expected prices over 5.50/gal by Sunday.:scared1:

I hope that it is just hype and that it won't get that bad, but the faster you can get to the pump the better chance you have of avoiding trouble just in case. Good luck!

OMG! DH just called me on his way home. Gas everywhere in our area is now $5.20!!!!!! It was $3.59 this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter