Few Thoughts on 1/27 Wonder Cruise

maryisme

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

Well this was our first cruise and we absolutely loved it. Travelling were myself, DH and DD. First off, we were surprised with an upgrade. We went from a category 10 to a category 5!!! We couldn't believe it! The woman checking us in actually asked us if we knew anyone "higher up" as she put it :) .

Without turning this into a full blown trip report, I will touch on some points.

Food
We thought the food ranged from good to great. Palo's was exceptional. Had the late dining and it worked out great. Requesting it for our next cruise.

Shows
Loved Disney Dreams--do not miss it.

Kids Club
DD (almost 7) loved the clubs. We never saw her after getting her an early dinner until around midnight. I do wish they had a 'formal' method of tipping the counselors. They work awfully hard and were excellent with my DD.

Lounges
Dueling pianos were fantastic. Also enjoyed the Cadillac Louge for its intimate setting.

Spa
Definitely do the Surial Bath. I also had a 5 layer deep facial done. I can honestly say I noticed a difference in my skin immediately. Of course, I came home with $100 in products :) .

Shore Excursions
We did the Lucayan Beach Adventure. We all enjoyed it very much.

If anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask.

Mary

Hi! Thanks for the information.

What is the Lucayan Beach excursion?

Thanks.

As taken from the brochure handed out on the 1/27 Wonder:

Lucayan Beach Adventure
Relax and enjoy a day at this beautiful resort complex. Once you arrive take advantage of the pools, waterside, outdoor activities and the beach. A reserved location on the resort is set aside with lounge chair and towel. Light lunch and a drink are included from Prop Club or China Grill only.

Approximate Duration
3 - 5 hours

Meeting Time
9:00 am, Wave Bands, Deck 3, Fwd.

Price per Person
$49.00 Adults; $39 Child (ages 3 - 9)

Fitness Level
2 Anchors=Moderate level of physical activity involved

Unfortunately, the exact name of the resort escapes me. We enjoyed this day very much. It was very, very relaxing. We brought our snorkel gear and really didn't see many fish. Next time, I wouldn't bother to lug it. As far as the fitness level goes, I think my 69 year old mother wouldn't have a problem doing this excursion. Very little walking involved. Actually all we really did was walk up a flight of stairs and across the property a bit.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter