Festival of the Masters- Where to Start?

obrien622

Mouseketeer
Need some Podcast crew advice. I have been hearing you talk about the Festival of the Masters for years and this will actually be happening for my trip for the Food and Wine 1/2 Marathon this weekend :) What tips do you have for Saturday? Ideally we take it easy on the legs during the day in prep for race Saturday night and I thought this may be a better option than a park visit. I know the large chalk art displays will not be complete until Sunday but what are the highlights for Saturday?

If you have a choice take the bus to Downtown Disney. Parking is crazy during the Festival. We start earlier in the day to avoid the crowds. We like starting on the West Side and working our way over to the Marketplace area. Plenty to see.

Thanks Kathy! Great tip on the bus- I had not considered the parking issue. We are dealing with a Nor Easter here tonight in NJ complete with snow- so we will be sure to fully enjoy both the event and the Florida weather!!

Hi I'm going to the festival tomorrow (Friday, nov 9). I've looked for the hours for the festival, however, haven't seen any. Does anyone know what time it starts and ends?

Hi all, I checked the Orlando sentinel website and they have the hours listed as til 530pm. So I'm all set!

We went today and it was awesome...I've been wanting to go for years since hearing the podcast team talk about it and have been trying the past 3 yrs since moving to FL and kept missing but hope I don't ever have to miss it again it was so much fun...if I'm not mistaken Kevin has talked about decorated wooden boxes before and we found some today that were really cool including one that I had to buy for my wife as a Christmas present

We were at the Festival for the first time this past weekend too! It was an AWESOME event and deserved all the praise it has received. There is a vast variety of artisans, I found some unique gifts for Christmas! I am looking forward to going again next year and maybe bringing my Mom who would have LOVED it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter