Festival of Fantasy - 2:00p Beginning August 20, 2017

Oh this sucks. I booked the Festival of Fantasy Parade Package at Tony's at 1:30pm. No other times are available at all this day at Tony's. So not only do I not get a voucher for low crowd parade viewing, I actually won't see the parade at all unless I cancel my reservation.

It seems odd though that Tony's is completely unavailable - -both the parade package and regular dining. Do you think they could be putting new ADRs on hold until they notify those with existing ADR?

Last edited:
It seems odd though that Tony's is completely unavailable - -both the parade package and regular dining. Do you think they could be putting new ADRs on hold until they notify those with existing ADR?

I think that's likely.

We have a 2:40 lunch at the castle. Any thoughts on watching the parade now that it's at 2pm ?

Watch in Liberty Square. You'll be done in time to make lunch.
Great, thank you. This is our first time going. I thought about going ahead to the castle to get in line for our reservation while my husband and the girls finish watching the parade.

Great, thank you. This is our first time going. I thought about going ahead to the castle to get in line for our reservation while my husband and the girls finish watching the parade.
Nah, enjoy the parade. You'll be fine. It's not that far. Watch in Liberty Square then just head back past Columbia Harbor House and Small World and you're there.

Oh this sucks. I booked the Festival of Fantasy Parade Package at Tony's at 1:30pm. No other times are available at all this day at Tony's. So not only do I not get a voucher for low crowd parade viewing, I actually won't see the parade at all unless I cancel my reservation.

We have the package booked for Aug 13. This is before 8/20, when the time changes to 2:00.

Anyone know if the package will still happen? Might not happen?

We have the package booked for Aug 13. This is before 8/20, when the time changes to 2:00.

Anyone know if the package will still happen? Might not happen?
Disney won't be adjusting FoF packages that have been scheduled for a 3:00 FoF when FoF runs at 3:00 on the 13th.

All FoF info in this thread pertains to August 20th and beyond.

Tony's FoF package is once again available for booking for August 20th and beyond. The only ADRs for this package are at 11:30, 12:00, or 12:30 and a voucher for the reserved seating for the 2:00 FoF is included.

Tony's FoF package is once again available for booking for August 20th and beyond. The only ADRs for this package are at 11:30, 12:00, or 12:30 and a voucher for the reserved seating for the 2:00 FoF is included.

Thanks...I'm curious though. Do you think Disney will notify me that my package is no longer valid? I wonder how long that will take?

I think I'll end up canceling it and just booking at Tony's later in the day. We are hopping from DHS that day and I'm not sure I want to leave DHS that early.

It felt like every plan I'd made had been foiled and I was questioning the validity of FP+ and doing everything 180 days out. Universal was looking really good about that time! I vowed I wasn't going back to WDW for a while until some things got ironed out but I ended up at WDW the following year because my niece had been complaining that she hadn't been there in 5 years.

Honest question and sorry to derail the conversation for a moment (and maybe you're not the one to ask because you still go to WDW) - when fed up with 180 competitive ADRs, scheduling changes, etc. why doesn't anyone consider Disneyland if they want a lower planning trip rather than Universal? I see this sentiment a lot on the boards and I'm just curious. Is it because you're fed up with Disney across the board? California too far away?

We alternate between WDW and Disneyland, 2 WDW trips then a Disneyland. At Disneyland you book ADRs 60 days out. No FP+ and popular ADRs can very much be booked shortly ahead of time (we've walked in to Blue Bayou for lunch twice!) Obviously WDW has much more to offer than Disneyland but I'm just curious why very few people mention doing that instead of Universal when they're fed up with the locked in plans and then schedule changes etc.

Last edited:
Thanks...I'm curious though. Do you think Disney will notify me that my package is no longer valid? I wonder how long that will take?

I think I'll end up canceling it and just booking at Tony's later in the day. We are hopping from DHS that day and I'm not sure I want to leave DHS that early.
I believe you should make the changes now and schedule around the 2:00 FoF.

If Disney reschedules you, you'd be eating at Tony's by 12:30 at the latest. Just try for an ADR after FoF. :)

Honest question and sorry to derail the conversation for a moment (and maybe you're not the one to ask because you still go to WDW) - when fed up with 180 competitive ADRs, scheduling changes, etc. why doesn't anyone consider Disneyland if they want a lower planning trip rather than Universal? I see this sentiment a lot on the boards and I'm just curious. Is it because you're fed up with Disney across the board? California too far away?

We alternate between WDW and Disneyland, 2 WDW trips then a Disneyland. At Disneyland you book ADRs 60 days out. No FP+ and popular ADRs can very much be booked shortly ahead of time (we've walked in to Blue Bayou for lunch twice!) Obviously WDW has much more to offer than Disneyland but I'm just curious why very few people mention doing that instead of Universal when they're fed up with the locked in plans and then schedule changes etc.

For me its simply distance and dealing with the time change with little kids. Orlando is a quick 2 hr flight for us in the same time zone. LA would be a 5 hour flight and 3 time zones away. I can't wait for my kids to be a little older and take them to Disneyland.

:wave2:Please remain on topic to ensure this thread can continue as an Alert for the upcoming FoF change and how it also directly affects the Dining Package, MiSi, and MRFF planning.

I believe you should make the changes now and schedule around the 2:00 FoF.

If Disney reschedules you, you'd be eating at Tony's by 12:30 at the latest. Just try for an ADR after FoF. :)

This is today's task. What time will the parade be over? I usually watch in Frontierland.

And new question --
This new parade time will cause changes to other showtimes right? The Castle show times will need to change, the Muppets show can't be at 2:00. Probably others too. Any ideas how this will work?

I had planned to see the 3:00 parade at the flag pole and then hang around main street for the 3:40 Main Street PhilHarmonic -- do you think this will be moved up to 2:40?

This is today's task. What time will the parade be over? I usually watch in Frontierland.

And new question --
This new parade time will cause changes to other showtimes right? The Castle show times will need to change, the Muppets show can't be at 2:00. Probably others too. Any ideas how this will work?

I had planned to see the 3:00 parade at the flag pole and then hang around main street for the 3:40 Main Street PhilHarmonic -- do you think this will be moved up to 2:40?
The parade will be beyond Frontierland by 2:20.

MiSi will be moved up an hour because MiSi CMs also perform in FoF.

MRFF and Muppets will have their lunch break scheduled around the 2:00 FoF.

I'm not sure about PhilHarmonic.

My Tony's FoF package is scheduled for 1:05 on Nov 4th. My reservation now indicates that it is special - any thoughts on what this means?

From my Disney Experience:
Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade Dining PackageSaturday, November 4, 2017(1:05 PM, Special)

My Tony's FoF package is scheduled for 1:05 on Nov 4th. My reservation now indicates that it is special - any thoughts on what this means?

From my Disney Experience:
Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade Dining PackageSaturday, November 4, 2017(1:05 PM, Special)
Perhaps they are doing Christmas parade filming?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter